Gap for boomer women

Posted by: Dotsie

Gap for boomer women - 03/31/06 03:30 AM

We've talked about this in here before. Here's an article about Gap opening four more stores for us:

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/local/states/california/northern_california/14161294.htm

Someone is finally catching on to the fact that we still like to look fashionable.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Gap for boomer women - 03/31/06 04:32 AM

And about time too wouldn't you say?
Posted by: TVC15

Re: Gap for boomer women - 03/31/06 06:02 PM

woohoo!
Great news!
Finally!
Posted by: browser57

Re: Gap for boomer women - 04/01/06 08:32 AM

My son is in management for Old Navy - which is part of Gap, Inc. He has been telling me about this new store - I will have to see if they are going to have a catalog - I don't think one is scheduled for my area yet.

I've been stressing about my so called 'Spring' wardrobe and how pathetic it is. I haven't updated much of anything in nearly 10 years. Think it's time....? About a month ago, we took a 10 day trip back to TN to visit. I couldn't help but notice that a lot of the people on the road were around our age. I also noticed that we were all dressed alike!!!! Sweatsuits and sneekers!! I have been looking at what's out there that is 'age approprite' for me - and there is not much there. I'm not talking fancy - just every day clothes that don't cost a fortune or make me look like I'm trying to be 20 years younger.
Posted by: Tami

Re: Gap for boomer women - 03/31/06 11:45 PM

Have any of you tried www.coldwatercreek.com ? When I had the big corporate job I purchased from them online all the time. Their target market is also 40+ women. They have a large selection of jackets and blazers for those of us that like to detract from a not so perfect figure too. A couple of times a year they have a huge sale in their clearance section and you can get clothing up to 80% off. I'd buy end of season things during their big sale and still have time to wear it a few times before putting it away for next year. They have everything from special occasion dresses to jeans and tees, and my favorite...shoes! Sign up for their mailing list and notification of their big sales.

Tami
Posted by: Dreamer

Re: Gap for boomer women - 04/01/06 09:51 AM

Yes! I love shopping on-line from Coldwater Creek! I just got 3 new jackets, a sweater, a jogging suit (as if I jog! Ha, ha!!) from their clearance section - all at 80% off! Their clothing is beautiful, well made and stylish for our age group! Glad you told everyone about this, Tami!

Another good site is Drapers and Damons - www.drapers.com Beautiful clothing, great sales -

Both Drapers and Damon and Coldwater Creek are also excellent should you have to return anything.
Posted by: browser57

Re: Gap for boomer women - 04/01/06 05:50 PM

Your're right about Coldwater Creek. I have one about 40 miles from me - don't get out that way often unless I have a mission (need something special - now.) I have ordered from the catalog, but never have much luck with sizes - then the hasstle of returns.

I need to put some thought into my wardrobe now that DH is retired. Everything from our social life to every day seems to be 'different' now. Not to mention that spur-of-the-moment travel means I need stuff that packs well. Since I need Everything - it would be nice to do it right this time.

Dreamer - Anne Morrow Lindbergh is my absolute favorite. I have given "Gift from the Sea" to many of my lady friends. It's so appropriate for every phase of womanhood.

[ April 01, 2006, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: browser57 ]

Re: Gap for boomer women - 04/02/06 05:15 AM

The one catalog I have really good luck with is Romans and their return policy is excellent as well. The styles are for our age group and bright colors and cute styles are the norm.

Re: Gap for boomer women - 04/03/06 02:45 AM

I have a Coldwater Creek within walking distance. There clothes are so colorful and I love their jewelry!

So you gals order clothes from catalogs and they fit? I'm afraid to do that.
Posted by: leigha

Re: Gap for boomer women - 04/03/06 03:59 AM

You can always send them back DOTSIE if you don't liKe the products. DO YOU EVER ORDER FROM SEARS. THEY HAVE A RETURN POLICY UP HERE IN CANADA. THAT'S WHERE I ORDER MY SHOES.

LOVE LEIGHA
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Gap for boomer women - 04/04/06 07:05 AM

Isn't it just great seeing Leigha back in the forums?

I've ordered from catalogs before but nothing ever fits me. Unless it's an oversized T-shirt or something of that nature...or earrings. HA! But then again, I discovered Meredith so I get my one size fits all jewelry from her now.

JJ
Posted by: Tami

Re: Gap for boomer women - 04/03/06 08:55 PM

Did someone mention shoes? I LOVE shoes! I have more shoes than Carter has pills! Another great site for shopping for shoes is Zappos. They have great sales too. The one thing I like about their website is there are reviews of everything they sell. Women post their opinions of shoes they buy so you know right up front if they run a little small or narrow and if they're comfy or a real pain to wear. I would never give $200 for a pair of shoes but I've picked up a couple of pair of $200 shoes for $50 on their site. Excellent no questions asked return policy and speedy shipping!

Tami

Re: Gap for boomer women - 04/03/06 11:36 PM

I've heard of Zappos, but never ordered. I'm the type that would order, it wouldn't fit, and I'd never get around to returning it. I think I have a tape from Amazon from last summer that should have been a book. I never returned it.

Re: Gap for boomer women - 04/04/06 02:00 AM

Unorganized comes to mind here....LOL