Miracle Sneakers?

Posted by: Dianne

Miracle Sneakers? - 03/28/06 02:34 AM

The manufacturer claims these new MBT sneakers will tone muscles, better your balance, improve posture and help prevent varicose veins. Expensive at $245! That's a lot of money for sneakers.

They can be seen at blissworld.com
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 03/28/06 03:13 AM

Dianne, I was thinking about getting the Z coils. Have you seen those. They run around 200 also. A retired lady was in the store today and said she loves them. She had just left Curves and was picking up some bread when I ran into her. Swears by them. I need to baby my feet more.
Take a look http://www.zcoil.com/
chick

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 03/28/06 04:06 AM

Funky! It would be like walking on a pogo stick (if you remember those).
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 03/28/06 05:28 AM

Chick, these are the strangest things I have ever seen. I would love to try on a pair just to see if they feel better than they look. I think I saw something like this one night on Seinfeld that Kramer and George were involved in, too funny!!!

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 03/28/06 07:22 PM

They would make you taller too!
Posted by: browser57

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 03/29/06 08:45 AM

My sister-in-law has been using these shoes for over a year. She has absolutely NO celulite - anywhere. She is also a chiropractor with plenty of back issues of her own. She swears that since she has been using these shoes, she has completely rid herself of the pre-existing aches and pains. She recommends these to her patients - and also gives a 10% discount to those that buy them. They are hard to adjust to and she recommends that you start with the sport walker. Then graduate to the next level when you can.

I'm so tempted to try them - but I have no easy access to walk. I have tried several times to get with the program, but it is such a hastle to get in the car and drive to the park. I tend to just to my DVD's at home.

I'd love to have the results to my behind that she has though.

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 03/28/06 10:02 PM

Browser, which shoes are you talking about--the one I put here or the one chick put here?

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 03/28/06 10:03 PM

http://www.ny.com/cgibin/frame.cgi?url=http://www.blissworld.com/

These are the ones I found.

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 03/29/06 02:38 AM

The ones that my sister-in-law wears are the MBT Sport High. Check out walkerswarehouse.com for a link more info.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 03/29/06 03:40 AM

This stuff is amazing. Are they marketing to boomers, or what?

Browser, did your sister have celulite before using the shoes and now it's gone? That could be reason enough to buy the ugly things.

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 03/29/06 05:07 AM

Once you see what these shoes look like, you can only imagine how many muscle groups you use when you walk. They simulate walking 'barefoot' - hitting with the heal first, rolling through the stride, pushing off with the toe. It uses the calf, hamstring and buttock muscles - plus the abs also help in keeping your balance.

My SIL is long legged but carries most of her weight in her hips. She now has that 'runner's butt' (which I am sooo jealous of.) In fact, I'm only 5'3" with short legs, but she assured me that it would give me that 'look' too..... She lives in a quiet comminity - full of health nuts and walks at 6 a.m.( 3 miles a day)- probably doesn't have much of an audience at that hour. I live in a condo with people coming and going at all times, so the embarrassment factor would be huge for me.

E-Gads, I'm talking myself into buying the darn things - aren't !?!? I've already committed to golf lessons this summer - This could get way too pricey if I don't come to my senses soon.

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 03/29/06 06:59 PM

I would wear them inside my house but I don't think I'd wear them to go shopping, etc. Or maybe, they will become the new In Thing and everyone will be wearing them so no big deal. I read about them in People mag or some other magazine and it said the "stars" were wearing them.

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 03/29/06 10:04 PM

Hmmm, I am remembering a pair of similar goofy shoes my son once bought when he played high school sports. they were similar. I wonder if they are still in his closet. I might have to go dig them out and give them a try.

browser, you're taking golf lessons. What fun. I have a friend who began ove a year ago and she's really getting good. She's hooked. Let us know how it goes.

Come on Dianne...you have to wear them outside...

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 03/30/06 01:46 AM

Hey--I ordered a pair! Depending on how ugly they look, will depend on whether I wear them outside or not. I'll check back in with my firm and cellulite free body!

I love golf! I'm going to go back to golf school when it warms up here. There is something so addictive about the game and you're in the fresh air and sunshine and when you hit that ball just right, it's the best feeling. Not that I've done that very often. [Frown] [Razz]

[ March 29, 2006, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: Dianne ]

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 03/30/06 05:19 AM

Wow - keep us posted Dianne. Where did you order them from? My SIL will be SO impressed - and will no doubt continue to work on me to try them, too.

I LOVE GOLF! I took golf lessons about 10 years ago - but didn't play much until about 5 years ago. After playing once or twice a week (when we lived in TN) I actually had a pretty good game. Since we've been back in MI, I have only played a few times. Now that DH is retired, I will have to get my game back or he will leave me at home....

I have tentatively committed to go for a 3-day weekend at a golf resort in Northern MI with some old high school girl friends. Lessons every AM - then all the golf you can play for the rest of the day. I'm looking forward to that.

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 03/30/06 10:26 PM

Oh man, does that sound like a great week end!

We took one lesson from a guy in Florida and he helped our swing so much. It was also much more relaxing using his technique.

I was told that to improve your game, you have to play at least three times a week. That would be impossible for me right now.

I bought the shoes from bliss world. They haven't arrived yet. I'm excited to try them.

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 03/31/06 10:59 PM

My shoes arrived today! I'm not lying here...they change the way you walk...literally and when you stand still, you never really stand still because they have a rocking motion, which continues to work the muscles. And, they are extremely comfy. It does make you stand up straight. Even comes with a DVD explaining how to walk in them and how they are built to help change your body! Yippee!
Posted by: TVC15

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/01/06 01:42 AM

That was fast Dianne!
Please keep us posted as to how good the shoes are. I'd be interested in how you feel after wearing them for a couple of hours or days.

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/01/06 03:33 AM

So far, so good. I can feel my calf muscles working. They are really comfy. Come on firm butt!

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/01/06 05:44 AM

Too bad they're so expensive even though worth every penny apparently....

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/04/06 10:14 PM

Dianne - how are the shoes working for you? Are you seeing any results yet?

I just had lunch with SIL - and on the way home, I bought a pair. It was funny - she's referred so many of her patients that they like rolled out the red carpet when we entered the store.

They are amazingly comfortable. I was tempted to buy the sandals, but opted for the walking shoe. I'm tempted to head for the park, but I think I'll just wear them around the house for today.

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/04/06 11:58 PM

I got dizzy the first few days. It really changes the way you walk, doesn't it? I love them and they are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn.

Too soon to see any results yet. I just started an exercise program too so that will be a bonus. You just can't stand still in them. Even when I'm cooking, I'm gently rocking back and forth. Those leg muscles are getting a work out.

I ordered a pair for both of my daughters. One has lower back problems and the other is a nurse and on her feet all day. I don't know about wearing them at work...trying to give someone a shot while rocking back and forth. [Eek!] That could get ugly. Not the prettiest shoes in the world but who cares? My husband says I kind of walk funny in them. Whatever!

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/05/06 01:40 AM

I've had them on all afternoon - and they are soooo comfortable.

The salesman did ask me if I had any problems with dizziness. So, I guess it's not unusual.

Do you wear them to exercise in (other than walking?) I think I'd like to try that, but not until I am more sure of myself.

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/05/06 02:09 AM

Not yet. I did the bicycle thing this morning but will venture to the treadmill tomorrow. I'm going to start slow so I don't fall down!

I wish I had known about the dizziness. I was questioning if it was bad allergies, some bug or just getting old. It was a tough few days but now, I'm doing great! I think I wore them too much at the beginning.
Posted by: Sherri

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/05/06 05:04 AM

Browser, I didn't see any sandals, how much are they? Did you have to pay $245 for your shoes. Sheesh, I've never paid that much for anything I've ever worn!

Sherri
Best New Christian Writer 2006

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/05/06 05:35 AM

The sandals look pretty good. (Not unlike a Birkenstock) They did not have the style I liked in my size, and with the $$$ factor, I guess I'll be happy with the walking shoes.

My SIL is a chiropractor and gave me a script for 10% off (List $245. my cost - $220.) I have spent a fortune on workout DVD's, Nordic Track, etc. and never felt that quilty. At this age, I think anything that will keep me ahead of the game is worth it. I suppose they could even be considered a 'medical expense' since they were 'prescribed' but that's probably a stretch.

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/05/06 06:22 AM

there are a few pair on eBay, one that is my size that I bid on. Hope to get it a little cheaper!...If it was prescribed, it's a medical expense!

Sherri

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/05/06 05:08 PM

Wow, I can feel it in my muscles already. Just wearing them around the house yesterday - I feel my calfs, buttocks, mid lower back, and oddly - the outer sides of my hips. Didn't know I had muscles there....

My bum knee was also a tad achy during the night - but that happens no matter what activity I do.

I was looking forward to trying them outside today, but spring has taken a detour apparently. Awoke to a light coating of snow and ice!!

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/05/06 06:48 PM

I am following this thread and considering. I wonder who sells them in Baltimore.

I'm anxious to hear more about your results.

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/05/06 06:49 PM

What is it that makes them work? Are you walking on your toes?

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/05/06 06:58 PM

Look up www.swissmasaius.com

They are made to minic walking barefoot in soft sand (MBT stands for Masia Barefoot Technology) It is an interesting concept.

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/06/06 07:41 AM

I like the sandals, there isn't any shoe store in Decatur that sells them, do you know what the price is for them?

closest store is 35 miles away, which isn't too bad and that's where my husband's surgeon is.

Sherri

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/06/06 07:45 AM

You aren't walking on your toes. You start with the heel and it projects your foot forward. I actually feel more graceful walking in them...how about you Browser? Just kind of float along.

My sister does walking tours in Paris and should get a pair. She walks every where so why not get in shape while doing it?

I don't feel that comfy in my regular shoes anymore but I can't see these shoes with a dress, ya know? [Big Grin]

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/05/06 08:46 PM

I believe the sandals are a little cheaper - but not much. ($230ish)

They are the most comfortable things. I wish I would have had them when we did the sight-seeing thing in DC a few months ago. Even with walking shoes on, I was miserable by the end of the day.

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/06/06 01:22 AM

They are too pricey for me right now but I think I'll save up, they sound like they're worth it.

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/06/06 01:52 AM

They sound great, and I like the looks of the sandals. If I get the sandals, I will wear them all winter at home with socks. I'm going to wait to see how everyone else likes them that already bought them before I invest.

Sherri

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/10/06 02:09 AM

Still loving my sneakers. You can't beat the comfort. How about you, Browser?

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/10/06 03:01 AM

Saving my pennies to get a pair too...

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/11/06 09:29 PM

Dianne, Its just like you to buy another pair of shoes. I'd love to see a picture of you in them!

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/11/06 09:38 PM

My mom and sister are interested also. I sent them the link.
Are they still comfortable Dianne?

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/11/06 10:16 PM

Like walking on a cloud. I wear them every single day. I'm not comfy in other shoes now.

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/11/06 10:17 PM

I have been wearing mine ever since I brought them home. It feels so natural now. In fact, feels funny when I wear flat-soles...

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/11/06 11:08 PM

That's it, I'm going to get some. Do the sizes run true? I'll have to order them through the Internet.

Sherri

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/11/06 11:13 PM

wow,
now I really want some too!

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/12/06 12:11 AM

I'm not certain, but when I bought mine, I was measured. The box sticker says 36 1/3 EUR, US 4.5, UK 3.5, MM 239 (So, I haven't a clue what my actual size is....) She also made me walk around the room to see how or if I pronated my feet when I walked. Inquired about whether I had any dizziness issues - not sure if that had anything to do with the choice of shoe style or not. At least, I was impressed - since I was spending the grocery $$$$ - I wanted a good fit. The store also has a 14 day trial - so I wore them around the house for the first few days before venturing outside (didn't want to skuff them up - just in case.)

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/12/06 12:53 AM

Yes, they run true to size.

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/12/06 08:22 PM

I just ordered some sandals from eBay. I love sandals and wear them clear up till it's really cold. I can still wear them in the house in the winter time with socks. I'm excited about getting them, maybe they will be the incentive I need to get back on track with healthy eating and exercising. I just signed up for walk across Illinois too I will be keeping track of how many miles I walk. Putting on the pedometer and trying to be active. It's a little hard when I have so many freelance projects to do, a new website to develop, and promotion I should be doing.

I'll let you know how I like them! Paid $200 and free shipping, should get them by the end of the week. I'm already in sandals and flip flops, my favorite footwear!

If I lived in Hawaii, I would be barefoot all the time too!

Sherri

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/13/06 10:27 PM

Sherri, did you get the MBT sneaker?

I just ordered the sandal for Summer. Now I have to get some color on these white legs or I'll be blinding people with the glare when I wear shorts.

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/13/06 10:47 PM

No I just ordered the sandals, I love sandals and will still wear them at home in the winter time. If they are that comfortable, I can't wait to get them. I will try them out in the house for a few days before I go outside, I'm dizzy anyway!!! LOL

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/13/06 11:34 PM

I meant to ask if you had ordered the MBT sandal. Duh. Yeah, take it easy at first or you'll be sorry. I felt like I had morning sickness.

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/15/06 08:42 PM

Hey, got my sandals today and they look so comfortable. Haven't put them on yet, but will and walk around in them in the house today. Nice looking leather, I don't think they look weird at all. Looking forward to them not only helping my muscle tone, but they say it often helps immediately with lower back pain. That would be awesome! I'll let you know!

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/16/06 03:05 AM

I've been wearing them all day, even went down to the tanning salon in them. It's funny, you don't even realize your standing straighter and holding your tummy in! So far, no dizziness or any other balance problems. I think I may be in love!

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/16/06 07:34 AM

I'm so happy for you Sherri! And I still want a pair!

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/17/06 12:38 AM

Shoe love, now thats a new one on me, too funny!!! [Smile] [Roll Eyes] [Cool] [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz]

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/18/06 07:19 AM

Aren't they great? I wear mine every day except if I'm cuted up to go out and they don't go with the outfit.

I told my husband I was going to wear them with knee high black socks and my swimming suit when we go to Florida this month...just like the old men dress down there!

I'm not comfy if I don't wear them.

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/17/06 09:40 PM

I still am wearing the sandals with no problem at all. They are very nice brown leather, and the only shoe or sandal I haven't had to break in a little at a time. It's cold today, but I'm still wearing them. Did I read somewhere the outsides of the thighs were sore? Mine are!

Sherri

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/18/06 12:09 AM

That we me. After the first day, the upper thigh and outer sides of my hips were sore. It only lasted one day. The only other time I can remember feeling those areas was after cross-country skiing (probably a balance thing.)

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/18/06 01:09 AM

Maybe I should take up cross-country skiing wearing my sneakers! [Big Grin]

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/18/06 01:58 AM

I love my sandals, as for wearing them in public, have you seen some of the other crazy footware? I wore mine today to go to the dr with Steve and to the lawyers office, then walked around the furniture showroom where my son works. I feel great. I don't feel anything on the outside of my thighs right now. I can feel my calf muscles working, and it feel so right when I walk. It's unbelievable. Even if they don't "sculpt" my body and get rid of the cellulite, they are the most comfortable shoe I've ever had. When I stand, I find myself rocking back and forth, I'm sure that must be doing something!

Sherri

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/18/06 03:11 AM

Wouldn't that be called 'crossed country sneaking' Dianne? ha, ha, ha, ha...LOL

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/21/06 08:26 PM

Just received my miracle sandals yesterday. Very comfy but like the sneakers, I have to start in short periods of time. They seem to work my legs even more than the sneakers. I got dizzy all over again. Maybe I'm just a dizzy redhead.

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/22/06 01:08 AM

2 pair! and I haven't gotten my first yet.
I need to catch up. Thanks for giving us the play by play Dianne! I appreciate it and am passing the info along to my mom who also wants a pair.

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/24/06 01:59 AM

I wore these sandals for over 6 hours, walking on concrete and playing in a pool tournament. Instead of coming home with my feet, legs and back hurting, I just came home tired!

I really like them.

Sherri
Best New Christian Writer 2006
by: www.christianstoryteller.com

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/25/06 06:05 AM

These are sounding better every day. Tell me, could I walk three miles in them? Are they meant for that type of walking?

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/25/06 04:49 PM

I wear mine all day - and when I think to put my pedometer on - it's not unusual to have taken enough steps to equal 3 miles. They are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn - and my poor ole feet have gone through bunion surgery (had one fixed and one too small to consider surgery), hammer toes, etc.

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/25/06 10:06 PM

Dotsie, I'm sure you could walk three miles in them easily. The more I wear them, the less my legs and back hurt. I haven't had but one event of back spasm since I started wearing them. Today I have them on with sock, cause it's cold here!

Sherri

If my husband has to go back to the bread route, I'm going to get him a pair. His feet and back hurt all the time when he's working.

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/26/06 01:49 AM

Dots, these sneakers/sandals make me want to walk! If I don't wear them, I'm not comfortable that day. My back and hip hurt.

We're going to a conference this Thursday and I'm dreading the evening events where I have to wear heels. Don't think the sandals would go very well with dressy clothes. [Razz]

I've been getting compliments on the sandals.

Re: Miracle Sneakers? - 04/26/06 02:13 AM

You're right Dianne, if I don't wear them my legs and lower back hurt. I feel so much better while wearing them! I've worn them everywhere, but I haven't had to dress up yet..lol.

Sherri