Winter of 2012 fashions...

Posted by: jabber

Winter of 2012 fashions... - 12/18/12 11:19 PM

I see bright colors, tight pants, short jackets, and high heel boots. What do you see? And are you going for the new look? sick
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Winter of 2012 fashions... - 12/19/12 12:36 AM

Bright colors - yes!! Always love bright colors.
Tight pants - um, no! I hate anything tight like bras, pants, skirts, jeans, etc. I don't want them loose, either, just a good fit.
Short jackets - maybe. Not much chance here to wear jackets or sweaters; it's usually too hot.
High heel boots - no. I don't wear high heels at all and boots, either. I prefer sandals year round. My feet protest when I have to wear shoes, so I hate to think what they would do if I tried to wear boots. :-)
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Winter of 2012 fashions... - 12/19/12 12:16 PM

I so wish I could wear sandals all year round too! With plantar fasciitis (sp?), my feet prefer sandals (specially fitted with orthotics). But with snow on the ground, we have to wear boots right now.

I love bright colours...my main winter coat is red. My usual winter attire is the layered approach...longjohns, heavy jeans (I only have 3 pairs of winter jeans, blue, green and khaki - but in the summer I have capris in every colour under the sun!), turtleneck and sweater. And boots. I haven't found a pair of boots that will fit my orthotics, so I'm just wearing my Bog boots for now. Perfect for the slushy weather today! I'll never be able to wear high heels again.
Posted by: jabber

Re: Winter of 2012 fashions... - 12/19/12 02:36 PM

Yonuh and Eagle,
I love bright colors, too. And I love sandals. Bought a couple short, blazers...because, just because. Two of them are leather. Bought a fuzzy, black short sweater-type blazer, too, and a pair of high heel boots. The feet prefer Naturalizer footware; they complain a lot if they're not comfortable. Guess winter fashions are okay but not tight pants. They're for the kids. Don't like tight anything.
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: Winter of 2012 fashions... - 12/19/12 04:12 PM

I bought short pixie boots to wear with trousers.The brand is Hotter and I am a fan of Hotter brand shoes..this is a British company and is a family run firm.Their flat shoes and sandals are so comfortable..I like jewel colours deep shades suit me best.and wears scarves in those shades.At a boomer age of life I have worked out what suits me .Fashion comes and goes but classic well cut items outlast fads..No doubt I will shop in the post holiday sales but wisely!!Its then cashmere prices are reduced..
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Winter of 2012 fashions... - 12/19/12 08:04 PM

I'm with you, Mountain Ash, I have my own style which has evolved over the years and is based on what looks good on me. I'm no longer the slave to fashion I was in my 20s!

I LOVE cashmere turtleneck sweaters and have several of them. Sadly, a few of my faves have worn out over the years, but right now I am rotating between black, purple and a red one that's only partially cashmere, plus a peach on occasion... My white one and my light blue both have one sleeve that's shredded -- same sleeve.

Apparently I must have rested my elbow in a place that wore holes in the right elbow. I entertain thoughts of how to repair these sweaters in a way that looks stylish enough that I could wear them again. But so far I just have the sweaters saved in my closet.

Other that that, I wear cords and for shoes -- flats. In the house, I skip the shoes and just wear gray wool socks. Keeps my feet warm and they're comfy. I probably need to invest in a new pair of shoes and a pair of boots this year. The boots especially, if we have lots of snow.

I also have a couple of good wool cardigans, a wool wrap and and a boiled wool blazer I pull out when I need more warmth. And of course, I have a black skirt I wear when the occasion is dressier than the cords.

This works for me...
Posted by: ElevatingYourBusiness

Re: Winter of 2012 fashions... - 12/20/12 04:04 AM

Big bulky jewlery. Lots of bright blues and golds coming up. ( I just had a chance to look at an AVON catalog for next year. )

Big stones on jewelry.

Pocket books with smaller handles that you have to hold insteadn of slinging over your shoulder.

Lots of hugging type jeans, but comfortable at the same time.
Posted by: orchid

Re: Winter of 2012 fashions... - 12/22/12 01:56 AM

Different tastes for different sizes and personalities.

I do wear black tight jeans...at work 50% of time. I work in an office environment in govn't. It tooks me...3-4 years, yes, years to find jeans that fit and I liked.
http://noguru.ca/content/your-new-favourite-pair-jeans

My tops tend to be classic in cut but business casual.Outside of work, I am cycling clothing when on bike. Or off bike,..wearing black jeans with tops. I haven't worn sweaters often in a long time. And I am probably the most northernly forum member here. Our winters are quite cold, snow, ice often. Tomorrow will be -32 degrees C!!! Instead I wear turtlenecks and other semi-casual tops with a fleecy jacket on top under my winter gortex jacket.
Posted by: orchid

Re: Winter of 2012 fashions... - 12/22/12 02:01 AM

I wear primarily solid colours that tend to be clear/ on brighter side. Such colours lift my face and also make me feel psychologically just more lively.

I am 5'1" @100 lbs. so I need to be very careful not to wear fussy prints or prints too large. Big jewellery is not for small person like myself except for a large clasp silver bracelet...as a visual statement.

I wear skirts above my knee because I am short. Long skirts sweeping near the floor, would drown me.

I tend to buy some of my casual clothing from more fitness oriented stores. http://www.athleta.com/