Skinny Leg Pants

Posted by: chatty lady

Skinny Leg Pants - 05/06/11 12:32 AM

In most of the Fashion magazines and commercials on TV they have brought back the 'skinny leg' jeans and slacks. Plus even seen some rolled up jesans like we wore with saddle shoes and bobby socks. Not sure I want to go back there again. fashion wise. How do you feel?
Posted by: Cookie

Re: Skinny Leg Pants - 05/06/11 12:54 PM

I hope we don't go back to that style! Skinny leg pants are for models, not the average size gal.
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Skinny Leg Pants - 05/06/11 02:53 PM

I don't think I like 'skinny' anything. I was never skinny nor tall (or even average height!) so most of the fashions never looked good on my as they did on the models. When I was younger I wanted to look like those models, and I wanted to wear all the latest fashions. As I matured, I developed my own style, which is still evolving and often depends on how I feel that day. I tend to like bright colors and comfort above all else. I know what looks good on me so that's what I buy. Since I am short and a little overweight, most of what's in style makes me look frumpy or rounder and shorter, so I don't even pay attention to the latest 'in thing' to wear. I do get frustrated if I try to buy something new and can't find anything that looks good on me, so I tend to stick with thrift and consignment stores.
Posted by: orchid

Re: Skinny Leg Pants - 05/08/11 04:24 AM

I wear skinny leg black jeans....where I work in a govn't office. About 50% of time. I don't deal with the public but do attend meetings involving professional staff, etc.

So I will wear a dress pant patent black leather shoes so it doesn't look overly casual. Or maybe it is? Oh well.

I actually spent several years looking for jeans that fit. So ended up spending....$100.00 for a pair. These have a touch of lycra which will stretch with movement. Seemed like alot of money initially but now I wear them as my only pair of jeans.

Posted by: CrosstitchQueen

Re: Skinny Leg Pants - 05/08/11 01:00 PM

I love my skinny leg jeans...........give me a straight narrow leg any day over boot cut or even worse, bell-bottoms or wide legs jeans. My skinny leg jeans are my absolute favorite............
Posted by: jabber

Re: Skinny Leg Pants - 06/27/11 07:35 PM

Some gal look good in the skinny leg jeans; I don't. But some do.
I like the flared bottom, boot cut jeans, for me. Thank God we're all different. That's what makes like interesting.

Re: Skinny Leg Pants - 07/25/11 03:57 PM

Gals I saw in last night paper that we can wear any type jean
our hearts' desire; flared bottoms; skinny legs; holes in the legs: all are in style this fall.
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Skinny Leg Pants - 07/25/11 07:34 PM

Hmm, the skinny leg style doesn't work for me. I like straight leg or boot cut. Glad we will have options.

Re: Skinny Leg Pants - 07/26/11 01:34 PM

Me, too. I like the boot cut best!

Re: Skinny Leg Pants - 07/27/11 01:12 PM

For one thing, I don't have pretty legs and the skinny style
looks goofy on me. The young and beautiful can get away with
'em but that leaves me out!

But I can't make up my mind if I like that grungy look. Paying $100 plus for jeans with holes, seems goofy to me.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Skinny Leg Pants - 08/05/11 04:19 PM

All the fashionable women in california are wearing shorts this season of all kinds, some casual and some dressy.

Re: Skinny Leg Pants - 08/06/11 01:48 PM

A gal needs pretty legs to wear shorts, IMHO!

Re: Skinny Leg Pants - 08/06/11 07:53 PM

My legs are so short I gave up publicly wearing short pants in favor of long leg pants years ago.

I'm always working to lengthen my "look" and shorts just don't do it. But hey, I'm only 5 feel tall...

IMHO, those who CAN look good in shorts are lucky, given the kind of weather we've been experiencing this summer.

Re: Skinny Leg Pants - 08/06/11 08:32 PM

And that's the truth, Anne. I'm only 5'1"; you're not alone!

Re: Skinny Leg Pants - 08/07/11 12:28 AM

Well, my husband thinks I am 5'2" -- but I'm pretty sure I am much closer to being only 5 feet. Which means my mother is taller than I am -- or she when she was in her prime. These days I think we may be about the same...