Finally found my mother-of-the-groom outfit!

Posted by: cara

Finally found my mother-of-the-groom outfit! - 10/13/09 10:45 AM

If you remember my dilemma (couldn't find that post), my son is getting married next month and I was puzzled over what to wear. It's an early afternoon wedding with a reception in a decorated firehall (fits the kids' budget--they're footing the bill for the whole thing). Finally, I found the outfit...I bought a blank chiffon handkerchief hemline skirt. The top is spaghetti straps and has shirring up the front. Over the whole outfit I'll wear a handkerchief hemline shawl with black beading edges. What I love about this outfit, compared to dozens of others I tried on, is that I feel completely comfortable in it--and sexy too, quite the feat since I'm about 50 lbs more than I want to/should be, and lots of dresses in my size were frumpy--also, I can wear this outfit many times over, in many combinations. Also, I fell in love with mother-of-pearl sterling silver teardrop earrings. (It took me 3 days to find this, piece by piece, looking in dozens of stores lol). Now. All I have to do is finish accessorizing it, and find shoes that are pretty but comfortable. I had the hardest time last night trying to match up the earrings with a necklace/bracelet....couldn't find anything I was happy with. So that's next weekend's task...also looking for a 6x suitable shirt for my SO, who's fussier than I am.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Finally found my mother-of-the-groom outfit! - 10/13/09 02:28 PM

Sounds lovely, and the most importnat thing is that you feel sassy in it. You go girl. Have fun putting the rest of the outfit together. What a fun time for you and your family.
Posted by: orchid

Re: Finally found my mother-of-the-groom outfit! - 10/13/09 02:46 PM

That's great cara. How you feel about the outfit will shine through your personality for the day.