Louis Vuitton Spring fashion

Posted by: dancer9

Louis Vuitton Spring fashion - 03/18/09 04:13 PM

Louis Vuitton's spring fashion is my choice for the best collection this spring.

You can view it here but you must click on the first photo to start the slide show.
Just imagine the skirts longer as they are cut short for a show and imagine the clothing in your size and see what you think. These cuts and looks will be available for very little money as fashion is "knocked off," very quickly these days, in the same season.

I found it very wearable, (with longer hems,) and very new.

Dancer

Link:

http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/S2009RTW-LVUITTON
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Louis Vuitton Spring fashion - 03/18/09 06:56 PM

Wow, I've never seen such dramatic accessories, but I've never seen a Louis Vuitton fashion show either.

Thanks for keeping me in the fashion loop. It's fun. Reminds me of being a teen and caring about all the trends.

Oh, and definitely longer hems and black shirts that aren't see-thru.
Posted by: Lola

Re: Louis Vuitton Spring fashion - 03/18/09 07:03 PM

I like the trousers. Bummeeeeeeer!!! This is one of those days when I really, really, REEEEEALLYYYYYYYYYY wish I were Samantha of Bewitched. A twitch of my nose and I'd have it hanging in my wardrobe for tomorrow! All in black, of course. Or grey.
Posted by: Ellemm

Re: Louis Vuitton Spring fashion - 03/18/09 07:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Dotsie
Oh, and definitely longer hems and black shirts that aren't see-thru.

What? No sparkly panties and matching pasties for you? Or feathers, maybe. Yeah, me neither....grin

Those shoes and accessories are wild!
Posted by: Mama Red

Re: Louis Vuitton Spring fashion - 03/18/09 07:15 PM

Yup, I'm thinking longer...unless the shorter ones would look good with two thick sausages in place of the skinny mini legs? Smiling...I'm thinking 2 of their legs equals one of mine, so off to drop the hemlines (when my book makes it big...smile).

Dancer, thanks so much for being the voice of fashion, all kidding aside. You definitely have the inside scoop! I'm not sure I would know what was in fashion if it bit me in the tucus (whaaaaaaat? It isn't sweatpants and an old man's shirt?)
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Louis Vuitton Spring fashion - 03/18/09 09:18 PM

YEE GADS, this is definitely NOT a clothing line for 'fluffy women.' NO way Josea...

Makes a fluffy person want to sew her mouth closed, and would you look at those fabulous shoes!!! I have always been a shoe and coat nut.
Posted by: Edelweiss3

Re: Louis Vuitton Spring fashion - 03/18/09 10:02 PM

Dancer, I enjoyed the slide show. We were all there when the miniskirts were in. Hey these girls are copying us!

I don't really care for all those mismatched layers. A lot of the models look like they just cleaned out their closets.

Can you wear this kind of fashion, Dancer? There was one I really liked. The black skirt and the tan jacket. Ugh...conservative...that's me...especially to hide the bulge.
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Louis Vuitton Spring fashion - 03/21/09 06:26 AM

Some really cool designs! I really liked the way this line was put together, and loved all the over-the-top details. Some years, high fashion is a huge yawn.

More than a few of the models were scary anorexic. Like 6' tall and 92 lbs. Scary, bad role models. Someone feed them chocolate and peanut butter, please.

I'm waiting to see how the humongous jewelry filters down into the real world. I bought some really big beads at the last gem show because I knew that big was back LOL. I was originally thinking long pendants with dangles, but now I'm toying with the idea of longer collar pieces a la this show. We'll see.
Posted by: orchid

Re: Louis Vuitton Spring fashion - 03/22/09 12:45 AM

Yea, there was 1 particular model that truly did look seriously anorexic.

I do like fun, dressy clothes but find it merely easier just to gaze at the fun stuff..instead of buying it...even if price is lowered.
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Louis Vuitton Spring fashion - 03/22/09 01:37 AM

Fun to look at, but I can't imagine any of those fashions looking good on a 5'2 roly-poly!!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Louis Vuitton Spring fashion - 03/23/09 08:18 PM

Meredith, great idea to copy soem of these accessories. Well, not really copy, but get ideas.
Posted by: dancer9

Re: Louis Vuitton Spring fashion - 03/29/09 11:07 PM

Hi to all who watched.
Yes, the skirts need to be lowered but when they are sent out to the stores, they are. I liked the use of lace and such underneath the skirts.

It was a very good show I thought so I decided to share it with you. Thanks all for your comments. Next time I find a show that rocks, I 'll post it here again.

Meredith, the big is in was a good call. Big IS in for these clothes. Great presentation, don't you think?

D9

Yes, I can wear these clothes. I am still in my 40's barely... But all that dancing paid off...