Help me choose my new hair style!

Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Help me choose my new hair style! - 10/02/08 04:16 PM

Okay girls, I'm counting on you! I have a hair appointment next Monday morning (10-5) and I want a change. I have a tendency to cut my hair in layers - hate it - then grow it out to one length - hate it - then cut it into layers again.

Now it is at one length, and it's looking flat and boring. I want a change! Keep in mind that I have a high forehead so I need some sort of bang/fringe. I also have a short neck and a bit of a saggy chinline/neck.

Look at the photos below (done at www.thehairstyler.com) and please tell me your top 3. I want to look younger, up to date, slimmer, longer neck - you know, like a star!

You have until Sunday night to vote, and I'll post a pic of the final do on Monday afternoon. (Gosh, haircuts never turn out the way you think they will, do they? I guess it always grows out, right?)

Thanks!!! Kathy

Posted by: Edelweiss2

Re: Help me choose my new hair style! - 10/02/08 04:29 PM

Kathy, this is wild! You look cool in all of them,...especialy the last one hahaha.
Frankly, I think the frenzied layer look, looks best on young smooth skin. Otherwise it's too many layers on the skin, and on the hair. Believe me; I'm speaking of myself here.

But still, I think you look the youngest and freshest in number 10. I have a similiar haircut, and sometimes I put the hair behind my ears, and like a little sideburn, a few frenzies strands, infront of my ears. The blond strands liven it up really nice. Hey pretty lady, have fun!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Help me choose my new hair style! - 10/02/08 05:32 PM

For the shaggy look which looks great on you, I like 3 and 7.

I also like 10 if you're going for a more conservative look.

3 and 7 are funky and fun
10 is conservative

But I'm thinking that if you got 3 or 7, you could make it look like 10 if you blew it down and flatter. Know what I mean? That way you could get both looks.

Re: Help me choose my new hair style! - 10/02/08 05:37 PM

Thanks! I'm purposely not going to comment on the ones I like until Sunday, just so you all aren't influenced by me. These were all arranged in no particular order.

Kathy
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Help me choose my new hair style! - 10/02/08 06:36 PM

I like 1, 7 and 9. I think 7 looks versatile enough to wear it several different ways.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Help me choose my new hair style! - 10/02/08 06:54 PM

3, 5, 6, and 9 ARE OUT. Don't go there.

11 is the one....whattt?

Okay, okay...

#7, hands down...
Posted by: Cookie

Re: Help me choose my new hair style! - 10/02/08 07:22 PM

I vote for #7! Very cute. I wish I could get a style like that, but I have curly hair and it has a mind of it's own. frown
Posted by: JackieG

Re: Help me choose my new hair style! - 10/02/08 08:22 PM

Hi, I'm in agreement with everyone about number 7, but I also like number 1...
Posted by: Mama Red

Re: Help me choose my new hair style! - 10/02/08 09:21 PM

Hey there gorgeous

I'm for #7...love it! And it looks like it could be versatile, depending on how you choose to style it on a given day. of course, that comes from someone who has very thick hair and MUST have lots of layers or I don't get much of any style!
Posted by: Di

Re: Help me choose my new hair style! - 10/02/08 09:26 PM

Kathy, I am like you..layered/ hate it. One length...tired of it etc.

I always tend to go back to something like 10, except I do NOT wear bangs anymore. DH says he wants to SEE my whole face! LOL!!

The one length is great, plus I can DO stuff to it AND wear it down, curled either under OR up......in the back. I love it!!

Have fun.....new hair is always a great way to FEEL great!!
Posted by: dancer9

Re: Help me choose my new hair style! - 10/03/08 12:42 AM

I think 5 is excellent. It makes you look much younger, it's easy to deal with and it's a length that is flattering to most face shapes.
What did you choose?
Dancer9
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Help me choose my new hair style! - 10/03/08 09:39 AM

Hands down number 7 Kathy. Having seen you up close and personal I would go for that. The style has everything you said you want...
Posted by: Mij

Re: Help me choose my new hair style! - 10/03/08 09:01 PM

I like #7 too, but I have to say, after seeing you in your cruise pictures, I really like the way your hair looks now. I think it gives you a young, "don't spend hours messing with my hair" spontaneous look.

Just me . . . smile

Re: Help me choose my new hair style! - 10/04/08 12:39 AM

You know, I probably had five people tell me how great my hair looked today, and I hadn't even washed it!! That always happens right before I have an appointment to make a change!

K
Posted by: CrosstitchQueen

Re: Help me choose my new hair style! - 10/04/08 12:13 PM

#7 definitely gets my vote! But since you asked for our top 3, after #7, I'd pick #1. And then #3. But #7 looks great to me...........young, fresh, up to date, a current, cute hairstyle that doesn't look like it would take to much work to maintain.

Can't wait to see the final result!

Re: Help me choose my new hair style! - 10/04/08 04:10 PM

You too? I swear that happens *every* time I decide "that's it, I'm soooooo done with this hairstyle (or color, depending on the month). I'm glad to know it isn't just me!

So what did you decide? Or did you go a completely different way?

Re: Help me choose my new hair style! - 10/04/08 04:19 PM

My appt is Monday morning. My favorite was #7, which seems to be popular with you guys, so that's good. My hubby likes #1, which isn't too far off the mark. I may do some kind of combination of the two.

But first I have to confirm with my stylist that my hair will cooperate with those cuts, and will it really look like the picture?

I'll take a pic on Monday when it's done and post it here. Usually I don't like my freshly cut hair for a few days, until I wash it a few times and style it the way I want. We'll see.... wish me luck!

Re: Help me choose my new hair style! - 10/04/08 04:27 PM

Ah, my misunderstanding...for some reason I thought your appointment was *last* Monday...OOPS!

And I know what you mean with not liking it the first few days!

Lots of luck and can't wait to see it!

Re: Help me choose my new hair style! - 10/04/08 07:47 PM

Can't wait to see it. Technology is so cool. I'm just lovin' being a part of this.

I'm the same way with new haircuts. In fact, I just got mine cut this week. Still hardly likin' it. Thinking I should have waited until after the More Reinvention Convention. And how stupid is that? Like anyone there cares...
Posted by: orchid

Re: Help me choose my new hair style! - 10/05/08 12:54 AM

I do enjoy looking at makeovers...as long there isn't a ton of makeup to maintain long-term.

7 & 10 looks good on you. 7 probably could look smooth but the illustrations of streaking make it look more touseled than what the cut is really like.

Gee at 2, you could be a Barbie doll reinvented.

Re: Help me choose my new hair style! - 10/06/08 09:28 PM

Here I am!! I chose style #7 from the original list of pics. This is pretty doggone close, and I think I like it! (although my neck is cold!) Thanks for sharing my little style journey with me. I have a couple of months left on my hairstyle subscription, so if someone else wants to try it send me a PM.

Posted by: Cookie

Re: Help me choose my new hair style! - 10/06/08 09:59 PM

Oh my gosh! How cute, DD! It looks great on you, girl!!
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Help me choose my new hair style! - 10/06/08 10:46 PM

Kathy, I love it! laugh laugh laugh The shorter length really lifts your face.
Posted by: CrosstitchQueen

Re: Help me choose my new hair style! - 10/06/08 11:14 PM

You look GREAT!!!
Posted by: gims

Re: Help me choose my new hair style! - 10/06/08 11:44 PM

I would've chosen no. 9... I love the Meg Ryan look... I think you can get close to it with the style you chose, though... they are so similar.
You LOOK MAH-VA-LESS!!!!! What a pretty woman you are (I'm not getting fresh, just recognizing and acknowledging a truth).

Re: Help me choose my new hair style! - 10/06/08 11:54 PM

Aww, you guys are sweet! Yes, gims, I like #9 too. I'm thinking if I don't want to make it spiky like it is now, then maybe I can just scrunch it to get the other look.

It's funny; one of my friends thought those two pics were just the online/overlay ones like from before. I guess when we did the before and after pics at the salon, I smiled exactly the same, held my head the same, etc.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Help me choose my new hair style! - 10/06/08 11:55 PM

I love it Kathy....you look younger to me...no joke. I just love it!

Re: Help me choose my new hair style! - 10/07/08 12:13 AM

DD...you look positively fabulous...hubby says you have a beautiful neck and should show if off (grin). He happened to be in my office when I was checking out the hot new chick on the block!
Posted by: Mij

Re: Help me choose my new hair style! - 10/07/08 04:01 AM

WOW! You have a great hairdresser! I can't believe how much it looks like #7. I really like it. For some reason that cut reminds me of Diane Keaton.

Good job! grin
Posted by: AdornmentsMilani

Re: Help me choose my new hair style! - 10/07/08 07:00 AM

That is a great 'do - you look very stylish!!

Re: Help me choose my new hair style! - 10/07/08 05:02 PM

Fantastic before and after pics. WOW! You look great. Love it. You look adorable.

Now the question is this...can you make it look like that on your own? That's always my problem.
Posted by: Princess Lenora

Re: Help me choose my new hair style! - 10/09/08 03:25 AM

Hey girl, it looks great. It's an ujplift. Very cool for today's look! Turning heads?

Re: Help me choose my new hair style! - 10/09/08 04:07 AM

Thanks PL. I turned heads the first day when my stylist did it, but of course I can't get it to go right on my own. I talked to her today, and she picked up a special brush and some products I can use, and she's going to show me again how to style it. I think I'll get the hang of it eventually.

Even when I can't style it like she did, it still looks all right. More like Dorothy Hamill or Princess Diana, you know? Not what I wanted, but liveable until I learn how to do it myself.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Help me choose my new hair style! - 10/09/08 10:14 PM

You look amazing DD, and I like the Dorothy Hamill look you speak of, she always looked so perky and you will too.
Posted by: dancer9

Re: Help me choose my new hair style! - 10/10/08 01:32 AM

I think you look great, Dolfin! How great that you decided to make a big change and did it!
Hooray!
Dancer
Posted by: Edelweiss2

Re: Help me choose my new hair style! - 10/10/08 05:41 AM

OMG ! DD has been cloned! Your sister is cute...Very youthful and fresh haircut. You should copy that! lol
Posted by: hotflashgal

Re: Help me choose my new hair style! - 10/20/08 01:48 AM

Kathy.....that cut looks awesome!
Eileen

Re: Help me choose my new hair style! - 10/20/08 02:10 AM

Thanks Eileen. I still can't get it to look that way on my own. Going in tomorrow to have my stylist show me. We were supposed to do it last week, but she had to cancel. I just can't get the dryer and round brushes to cooperate!