Domestic Violence Awareness Month

Posted by: Princess Lenora

Domestic Violence Awareness Month - 10/05/10 04:08 AM

October is National Domestic Violence Awareness month, yet domestic violence occurs globally 24/7 365 days a year. What is considered violence? John Bradshaw, author of "Homecoming" and "Creating Love" says: "I consider anything that violates a person's sense of self to be violence. Such action may not be directly physical or sexual, although it quite often is. Violence occurs when a more powerful and knowledgeable person destroys the freedom of a less powerful person for whom he or she is significant." Bradshaw also writes that "Anyone who witnesses violence is a victim of violence." Be aware that when you fight in front of your children, you are degrading their sense of self, developing their perspective of an unsafe world, and diminishing their respect for you.
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Domestic Violence Awareness Month - 10/05/10 07:17 PM

Thanks Princess Lenora,

Perhaps I can use your comment to remind everyone that you and I are doing an NABBW teleseminar on domestic violence, "Why Does She Stay? Why doesn't He Stop?" on Thursday the 7th at 7 PM Eastern Time.

I am so excited that you are offering signed copies of your book "Beyond the Tears" to those on the call for $22, which includes shipping.

We'll be sending out a Constant Contact message with all the details on the 6th, but for anyone who wants to attend, and I encourage everyone to do so, here's the link:

NABBW Teleseminar with Lynn Tolson

This is a one hour call, and it it open to the public, so please feel free to share with your friends.

We'll be recording it and the recording will be, as usual, available to NABBW members only.