Now this is funny (right???

Posted by: chatty lady

Now this is funny (right??? - 04/07/09 10:14 PM

There was a man who worked all day and then stopped for a snoot full before coming home. After his dinner he use to pick on his wife, her looks, her house keeping etc. Just about everything. She was told by friends to divorce the creep but she liked the good money he earned and having a nice home and cars. But the constant nightly bickering was driving her mad, so she formed a plan.

For months now, all is well, hubby comes home eats dinner, never complains about anything and usually falls asleep on the sofa leaving her the big bed alone and in comfort.

What happened to change things, how come her husband suddenly stoppped abusing her mentally and verbally?
>
>
>
>
The wife went to her doctor saying she was having trouble sleeping, he gave her a precription for some strong sleeping pills.
Every night when hubby comes home, she hands him a glass of beer before dinner, he eats while the sleeping pill kicks in, sometimes he hasn't even finished eating dinner before falling fsace first into his plate.

So the abuse has stopped, he sleeps the entire night away, doesn't remember a thing the next day and she has her pleasant, quiet life back...

Somebody give that little lady the door prize, she's earned it.

Re: Now this is funny (right??? - 04/09/09 10:25 PM

So far so good!

Re: Now this is funny (right??? - 04/10/09 11:05 PM

Give that girl Anne the prize, she figured out the mystery!!!
Posted by: jabber

Re: Now this is funny (right??? - 04/11/09 03:40 PM

Sounds like a plan, a good plan.

Re: Now this is funny (right??? - 04/15/09 02:25 PM

Right! It's funny!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Now this is funny (right??? - 04/15/09 03:31 PM

Is this a true story? Wish I'd heard it 15 years ago! I'd of put that plan into motion!

Re: Now this is funny (right??? - 04/16/09 01:42 PM

Absolutely! Count me in!
Posted by: Dianne50

Re: Now this is funny (right??? - 04/16/09 05:05 PM

I survived DV and got out about 20 years ago for a much better life. Wish I could have put him to sleep. It is a pretty funny way of taking care of the problem, at least short term.

Just be careful how much is in the beer. We wouldn't want to wind up on the wrong side of things. As long as he doesn't find out, you're probably okay.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Now this is funny (right??? - 04/21/09 02:36 PM

Diane, welcome again. Sorry tohear abot your past abuse. Mind sharing what gave you the courage to make a change?
Posted by: Alice

Re: Now this is funny (right??? - 05/06/09 03:50 PM

Society's Silent "Epidemic" Verbal Abuse...Precursor to all violence and a Form of Biochemical Assault.....we should take the word, "domestic" out of.....violence.

I've written 3 papers on the subject. If anyone is interested (and you give me your e-mail address), I'd be honored to share them.

I joined the American Counseling Association and have submitted one for next years convention.

The statistics are staggering: 1 in 3 women are being abused

I am passionate in getting the message out there, and have been writing to the media for over 10 years; even spoke with a guest on Dr. Phil (Dr. Phil didn't get it, unfortunately)...

Love to all.....Alice (wacalice@aol.com)

P.S.I finally go the courage to get a divorce after 31 years of abuse...the book that saved my life? The Verbally Abusive Relationship by Patricia Evans

Her book should be required reading for everyone on the planet. Until we become aware and educated, the cycle of violence will continue.

Re: Now this is funny (right??? - 05/08/09 09:54 PM

That book by Patricia Evans should be required by every sophomore girl in every classroom in America, and the world for that matter. Also threy should be taught about personal finances.