Serious trend...

Posted by: chatty lady

Serious trend... - 12/02/08 11:27 PM

I went with my friend the detective to his office last night before going out to dinner and was listening to the shift supervisor speaking to his men/women officers while waiting.

He was saying that during the Christmas season, domestic violence is usually on the rise, BUT that this year with the economy the way it is they are already experiencing a multitude of complaints and they expect it to grow even worse the closer the holiday comes.

So many people are out of work, something this city has never seen before. He warns the officers to be prepared for an escalation of complaints and violence...

It made me feel sick to know he was right...
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Serious trend... - 12/03/08 07:50 PM

I guess it has to do with a lack of self-worth. People are down and they want to take it out on others. How sad is that?

Re: Serious trend... - 12/03/08 09:13 PM

About as sad as it can be. I wonder more and more just how humane the human race really is????
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Serious trend... - 12/04/08 02:08 PM

And I say what can you expect from a society that has made Britney Spears the biggest thing on TV? Her birthday bash was such a big TO DO. We have starving kids, abused kids, YET this trashy woman takes front row? Puleaseeee....This is what we tell our kids is "hot" and is "acceptable" and should be what they model their lives after...uh huh. Sure.

On the opposite channel was the Victoria Secret runway show. Women in skimpy underwear, hanging out everywhere...yet we say, "Oh look, isn't that great?"

Tell me, what's the difference in this and [censored]?

I'm glad I read.

Re: Serious trend... - 12/04/08 11:57 PM

OMG JJ, you and I think exactly alike. I can't tell you my reaction to that discusting Victoria Secret expensive, unrealistic garbage and on prime time TV.

The Britney Spears situation is this to me: Glad she has made it back into real life, away from the drugs and tramps like Paris Hilton as her role model. I hope she truly appreciateds what she has and behaves like a decent human being for her two adorable children for a change.

No wonder our youth today are all messed up mentally and morally, seeing underwear flounced about on half naked women, and young, drugged up trash on prime time TV as if they were somebody to admire...

Re: Serious trend... - 12/05/08 09:37 PM

Her parents are on her like fudge on a sicle. They aren't allowing their 16 year old millionaire daughter to run wild and good for them, I say!!! Lets hope she remains a good girl when she is 18 and over.

There are certainly more important things on this planet to concern the worriers, I would hope.
Posted by: celtic_flame

Re: Serious trend... - 12/09/08 02:55 PM

she's onlie 16?
thers no crime in her looking older i hope she stayes as clean and fresh looking no matter what age she is. its good to know parents still have some autority generallie no matter how rich their near growen kids are.
Posted by: Princess Lenora

Re: Serious trend... - 12/15/08 04:22 AM

In addition to holidays, Super Bowl Sunday is a day that domestic violence rises.
Posted by: jabber

Re: Serious trend... - 12/16/08 02:15 PM

There's too much sadness in this ole world. But there's a lot of
good, too! Look at that puppie's ears standing straight up over there on the left below the hunk walking on the beach!

Sorry, I got off subject here! If everyone would simply
help everyone else enjoy their life, what a wonderful
thing that would be. You know, the ole "do unto others..., etc."

Oh darn! When I started this post, it wasn't this high
up on the page! LOL...
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Serious trend... - 01/07/09 10:59 PM

Hi ladies!

Actually, according to The Texas Council on Family Violence, the Super Bowl statistic isn't true. Not sure where that got started.

Have missed all of you but been super busy. I'm going to start my volunteer work again this month. Been away from it for too long. Happy New Year to all of you!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Serious trend... - 01/07/09 11:02 PM

Hi Dianne. It's great to hear you again, and to see your lovely foot and shoe!

Were you able to help the Baltimore woman? I recall you asking me for a safe place for women in our city. Just wondering.

Re: Serious trend... - 01/08/09 01:11 AM

Dianne what Super Bowl statistic are you referring to?

Re: Serious trend... - 01/08/09 03:08 PM

Yes Dots, I was. She has relocated safely. Thanks for the info you gave me.

Chat, there is a rumor that dv increases on Super Bowl Sunday. Not sure where it got started but it's false. I get newsletters, etc. from The National Clearing House on Domestic Violence and they say it is just a rumor. Thankfully.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Serious trend... - 01/08/09 10:02 PM

Hey Ms Di...bout time you got back in here. Does this mean school is ALL over?

Re: Serious trend... - 01/08/09 10:26 PM

Yup, sure does, JJ. Even passed my state boards but not going to do anything right away because of economy. Lying low for now.

Re: Serious trend... - 01/08/09 11:17 PM

Domestic violence getting worse on Super Bowl sunday doesn't even make sense as the guys are all wrapped up in themselves, their teams etc., and there booze. Glad to know it isn't so, there are enough times when DV is bad enough.

Re: Serious trend... - 01/14/09 02:56 PM

Domestic violence is a sad thing. And so is any type of abuse:
Be it elder abuse or child abuse. That's one of things I pray
will turn around and diminish: Abuse! Life is difficult enough, without some goof flexing his or her muscles just for the sake of
bullying another person. When you consider all the diseases folks' face, plus financial and work-market problems. Holy
hannah, people have enough troubles without some idiot unnecessarily inventing more.

Re: Serious trend... - 01/15/09 02:03 PM

LOL, I said work-market problems: heeeeehawwwww. I meant
marketplace problems. That's what PTSD does for ya.
And celtic, you're not the only one who inverts words. I do it
all the time. Generally, I'll come back the next day, read what I've written the day before, and go, "What????" Then I get busy
editing. PTSD, i.e. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, is why I
edit so much!!!!
Posted by: celtic_flame

Re: Serious trend... - 02/05/09 10:41 AM

whats the link between ptsd and editing...i am intreged.

do you mind saying what the ptsd was about jabber. I had it too in a mild way i think but the big in your face can't ignore it over another incident was one big chunk of an eye opener...