Closing Down the Blog

Posted by: Melanie46

Closing Down the Blog - 05/31/07 04:53 PM

Hi Everyone,

When I first joined the BoomerWomenSpeak forums last winter, many of you were interested to learn that I was sponsored for a blog called Between Us that was created to help generate awareness for a product called SofTouch personal lubricant--and you wanted to know more about what it is like to work as a paid blogger, and how to get that kind of work.

Because of all your initial interest, I thought that I would share the latest chapter of my experience.

The company that sponsors the Between Us blog has decided to make the blog inactive--effective immediately. All past posts and comments will remain up so that readers can continue to enjoy and learn from them--but from here on out there will be no new posts written.

Bottom line: The blog was a year-long marketing experiment that just didn't generate the level of awareness we wanted.

There is a (very) slight chance that Between Us will come back this fall, but it looks like the blog may have run its course.

Also, a few of you--Casey Dawes, for one--contributed greatly to the Between Us blog by either agreeing to be interviewed for a post or by simply offering me friendly advice and direction. Thank you so much.

Here's wishing everyone at boomerwomenspeak a spectacular summer. I am going to remain a part of the community, so I'll continue to chime in from time to time on the forums. (But I will need to change my "signature" since I'm no longer representing SofTouch or its Between Us blog).

Blessings to everyone!
Posted by: Jane_Carroll

Re: Closing Down the Blog - 05/31/07 10:25 PM

Melanie...I know you'll find another fun endeavor to fill the void! Much success to you!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Closing Down the Blog - 06/01/07 01:53 AM

Melanie, it's sad when things like this happen. I'm sure you poured your heart and soul into keeping it going. Did they tell you ahead of time that it was a year trial?
Posted by: Melanie46

Re: Closing Down the Blog - 06/01/07 12:48 PM

Thank you both for your kind words! I did know in advance this would have a year to take flight. I guess none of us knew for sure how it would turn out, but I'm so glad I did it. And Jane, you're right, now I'll have time for my own blog (which I have neglected) and new scents. I'm already working on a line of body lotions for women in midlife, so it's one of those sad, but yet exciting times.