Copywriting

Posted by: forenacct

Copywriting - 12/17/05 07:23 AM

Has anyone ever worked in this field? I am looking for a job that I can work from home.

Re: Copywriting - 12/22/05 10:46 PM

Anyone??
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Copywriting - 12/22/05 11:41 PM

Forenacct, in answer to your post, I haven't, however I just bet we could find you some resources to check out. Let me check with some friends and do a little digging and I'll get back to this post, okay?

JJ
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Copywriting - 12/23/05 04:57 AM

Gosh sorry but still can't find any advice or info on this subject working from home....
Posted by: Kelly L. Adams Stone

Re: Copywriting - 12/23/05 06:05 PM

Read books by a man named Bob Bly-- he's got a ton of books on this subject and talks about how to get started in this business.

Also, if you go to http://www.awaionline.com/ they have a correspondence course you can take that teaches you everything you need to know to get started in copywriting. I took the class and it was very informative. It's kind of expensive but I thought worth the price.

Hope that helps,
Kelly
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Copywriting - 12/23/05 09:08 PM

Great resources Kelly. I've always found Bob Bly to be a tremendous resource for all kinds of things. I had totally forgotten about him. Duh!

Also, I did a simple "google" search and there are literally hundreds of resources to check out. Rather than list them all here, just google "learning how to be a copywriter" and pick the ones you think might interest you.

I think a recommedation, such as the one Kelly provided, is invaluable too. It's always nice to hear about someone else's experience before you spend the moola...you know?

JJ

Re: Copywriting - 12/24/05 09:59 PM

Hi all,

I did begin with google -- which does give one alot of information -- but sometimes I am leery of the sources of the information.

And I will take your suggestions -- about Bob Bly and the website mentioned.

Thank you so much for your willingness to help--and for answering.

I wish you all the best that life can bring -- you all are very kind!!!!
Posted by: Sherri

Re: Copywriting - 01/01/06 03:44 AM

try putting freelance in and searching, tons of places will open up.

Sherri
Posted by: Sandpiper

Re: Copywriting - 01/03/06 01:18 AM

Forenacct,

Another good one to read is Peter Bowerman's "The Well Fed Writer". It is about how he became a flcw. He has another book called, "Back for Second Helpings." It's great also. They tell you how to get your business up and running.

He also has a newsletter you can subscribe to for free. I believe it is www.thewellfedwriter.com or www.peterbowerman.com Let me know if it's wrong and I'll look it up for you. Just got the Jan newsletter today.

Sandpiper

Re: Copywriting - 01/21/06 08:58 AM

Since I am now an empty-nester, I am looking for something which will enhance my writing abilities.

Thank you for these suggestions. Now, I am off to the library!
Posted by: sami

Re: Copywriting - 01/21/06 10:05 AM

Forenacct, check out guru.com

This is service that people looking for writers use and writers looking for work use.

Re: Copywriting - 02/04/06 09:12 AM

Sami, thank you!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Copywriting - 02/06/06 01:34 AM

Thanks Sami. Hope to see you in other forums!