mid-life changes?

Posted by: Dotsie

mid-life changes? - 03/27/03 07:48 PM

I have received a few stories about women changing jobs mid-life. These women are finding jobs that better suit their wants, desires, needs, personality, gifts, strengths, etc. [Wink]

Just wondering if there are women in the forum who are considering changes, or have recently changed jobs and found the perfect match with something they are passionate about... [Wink]

If not...why not? Do we like what we do all day?
Posted by: Vicki M. Taylor

Re: mid-life changes? - 04/11/03 05:40 PM

Hey Dotsie, I went through a mid-life change in 1998. I had a wake up call by having a thyroiditis attack. I ended up on 6 months of bed rest. It gave me a lot of time to think. I quit my job and opened up my own consulting firm. From there I picked my own projects and worked only offsite as much as I could. Then, a couple years after that, around 2000, I decided I wanted to retire completely and write full time. My husband and I made a plan to do that and we succeeded. My first book was published in Nov 2001, the second in March 2002, and now my third will be published this year. I have outlines for 6 more books. My plan is to write 1 book a year. My publisher thinks it's a great plan too! :-)

My best advice is if you're serious about making a change, have a plan. Go about it with your goal set firmly in your mind and don't let anything stop you. Take your time and do it right so that you can have a higher chance of success.
Posted by: countrygirl51

Re: mid-life changes? - 04/12/03 05:19 AM

Wow! This topic is a big one for me! I'll have to take some time to think about all the changes in my life, as it seems to be a constant evolution. I'll tackle this subject tomorrow. Its too close to bedtime right now, and I've had only 9 hours of sleep in the past 72 hours, so my eyelids weigh about a ton! As Schwarzenegger would say, "I'll be back!"