Brilliant way to sell your real-estate!

Posted by: Edelweiss3

Brilliant way to sell your real-estate! - 02/11/09 06:42 PM

In Austria a lady has been trying to sell her villa with no avail. She came up with a brilliant idea, and sold lottery tickets for her house. If the sum didn't amount to what she wanted for her house, then every player would be refunded. She ended up selling her villa for 2 million Euros. That's 2,571,000.-- million dollars.

Isn't that an excellent idea? The buyer ended up with a gorgeous house for 50 Euros. Hahaha…It's not allowed to do that in Germany. Darn darn!

I found this link, if anyone wants to know more.

http://www.thinkglink.com/Selling_Home_Through_A_Lottery.htm
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: Brilliant way to sell your real-estate! - 02/11/09 06:44 PM

I've heard of that before here in the states. In fact, I bought a couple of $50 tickets a few years back for a charity that was raffling off a house.

I guess you have to be very careful that you use the correct terminology and confirm everything with attorneys, or it could cause big problems.

EW, do you know if she got more than what the villa was worth; did she come out okay on the deal?
Posted by: Edelweiss3

Re: Brilliant way to sell your real-estate! - 02/11/09 07:55 PM

I think she got 200,000.-- Euro more than she asked for.

Oh yes, it's a tricky situation, and I think it's good that lawyers make sure everything is legal. I didn't know they do this in the States allready.

Seems to me it is a perfect solution for a poor real-estate market.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Brilliant way to sell your real-estate! - 02/12/09 12:05 AM

Been done many times here in the states and they are usually million dollar homes. I think its a great idea. I bought tickets for one. I lost!!!