My first conference

Posted by: Louisa

My first conference - 02/06/08 12:57 AM

Tomorrow I am going to my first conference. It is for administrative/executive assistants. I hope it helps. this new (not so new anymore) job is demanding and hard. It's not that I haven't worked for a CEO before, but this time it's different and I'm that much older. Everyone else is always going to a conference for something, but I don't like driving. I found this one only about 20 minutes from home. My boss is paying for me to go. It should be interesting. Hope I'm not the oldest one there. I hadn't thought of that before. It might be all young girls who are new and eager.
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: My first conference - 02/06/08 01:28 AM

If they're all young -- then exude your air of confidence like you've "been there" before. I'm sure you'll do great!
Posted by: Louisa

Re: My first conference - 02/06/08 02:30 AM

I guess I can do that. I've certainly "been there."
Posted by: gims

Re: My first conference - 02/06/08 06:09 AM

One of the most powerful things ever addressed to me @ BWS was something someone posted about the feeling on my back being all the gals holding me steady (that's not verbatim, but it works). I pass that on to you. Pretend all the bright BWS women are there with you, today. Good luck!
Posted by: ladyjane

Re: My first conference - 02/06/08 10:15 AM

Yes, just think of us all sitting around you....minus some of the hilarious goings on here! Louisa, we're with you in spirit....let us know how it all went!