Air Conditioning

Posted by: Vicki M. Taylor

Air Conditioning - 06/25/06 08:09 PM

We're having our air conditioning unit, both indoor air handler and outdoor compressor replaced on Monday.

I'm praying that it's overcast and maybe even a little rainy so that it's not so hot. The technicians estimate at least 6 - 8 hours without AC while they work.

ARGH!

My husband is going to put in a window AC unit in our bedroom and I'll take our bird and dog in there with me and stay there for the majority of the day until our AC gets turned back on.

Anyone go through this? Is it going to be as horrible as I think it is?
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Air Conditioning - 06/25/06 08:25 PM

I don't know about replacement, but we recently got central air for the first time. Previously, we had two window units and a swamp cooler. Spent almost three weeks with no ceiling in the bathroom! Now, with the daily highs well over 100, I'm glad we have the a/c - it was worth all the upheaval, and the week or so of being hot all the time (as opposed to just during those flashes!) is now a distant memory. Any remodeling is disruptive, but in my opinion, well worth it! Hang in there!!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Air Conditioning - 06/26/06 05:01 AM

Vicki, what can I say? I've never lived in Florida in that heat. But you will be so glad when it's over and everything is back in order. For now, enjoy the bedroom!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Air Conditioning - 06/27/06 12:41 AM

Yonuh, I am in Nevada, same kind of horrible heat. Glad you got your place cooled down....People die in this kind of heat!
Posted by: Vicki M. Taylor

Re: Air Conditioning - 06/27/06 10:37 PM

So, the new AC unit went in yesterday, but have DH got home, he found lots of mistakes, including they gave us the wrong unit!

So, they're supposed to come back out tomorrow and fix their mistakes. Hmmm