Dining room?

Posted by: Dotsie

Dining room? - 07/10/10 01:34 PM

It's time to re-do our dining room. We have old wallpaper above the chair rail and paint below. It's time to get rid of the wallpaper. I can't wait to begin ripping it off.

Anyway, what color combination do you have in your dining room? I've been looking at magazines and am finding it hard to find many photos of dining rooms. This time around we are doing just paint.
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: Dining room? - 07/10/10 01:54 PM

This might give you some ideas:

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&gbv=2&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=dining+room+decor&aq=f&aqi=g5g-m1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

If the link doesn't work, search for Google Images, then search for dining room decor. You'll get lots of ideas!

I don't have a formal dining room; it's an open area with the kitchen and living room, so the colors are picked up from those rooms all around.
Posted by: Anno

Re: Dining room? - 07/10/10 03:12 PM

Like Dophin, our place is open - dining, kitchen, living area, art area, etc. We have all one color at the moment.

The latest trends are towards nuetrals, at least that is what I have heard. But most importantly, rooms should flow nicely from one to another. Look for complementary colors or colors next to each other on the color wheel.