Psalms 94:19

Posted by: jabber

Psalms 94:19 - 06/13/07 01:39 PM

The following verse, caught my eye the other night.
"Lord, when doubts fill my mind, when my heart is in turmoil, quiet me and give me renewed hope and cheer."
It's from The Living Bible, Paraphrased, Reference Edition.
Cool, huh...?

Prayers and blessings,
b. rose
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Psalms 94:19 - 06/13/07 01:44 PM

It's a winner.

I am doing a little Bible study on my own. I beleive it's called Rising Above Worry and Stress. It's another one of the Women of Faith studies and I love it.

Eagle is also working on another one in the series...
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Psalms 94:19 - 06/13/07 01:54 PM

"Contagious Joy"...Dotsie had asked me if she thought I was still in too much pain and grief to pursue this one right now, but it's right in line with other discussions here about "thinking better thoughts" and replacing negative focus with positive focus. The grief has been threatening to drag me too far down, so it was time for a deliberate step in the opposite direction.

It IS bringing me renewed hope and quiet cheer, even in the midst of daily struggling to live around this agony of absence.

My prayer these days is for "steadfastness", the ability to maintain hope and equilibrium no matter what emotional turmoil I'm in or how chaotic life gets around me.

Life's struggles...Re: Psalms 94:19 - 06/14/07 05:24 PM

Dotsie and Eagle,
Sometimes it's very difficult to keep a positive attitude midst all the pain and suffering we see around us.
But, I refuse to let the devil bring me down. I comb the Bible for God's promises and pray for the Lord to activate those assurances in my life.
I'm glad to hear your faith is strong!
bonnie rose
Posted by: Dotsie

Life's struggles...Re: Psalms 94:19 - 06/14/07 09:43 PM

bonnie and Eagle, it is all a choice. I think we're doing our best to choose the spirit of God. With that, we can't go wrong.

Lord, help... - 07/11/07 01:06 PM

I've begun to pray this a great deal: "Lord, help me trust you, even when I don't understand you."
I focused on this prayer that was included in a Portal of Prayers study a couple of nights back. There's so much I don't understand! I struggle with why the Lord lets good people suffer. I see the innocent caught up in war and abuse and I see babies mistreated, and I don't understand.
So this prayer is a huge help!

Know what I mean?

Ciao for now,
bonnierose