I love my life because...

Posted by: Jane_Carroll

I love my life because... - 09/09/06 02:23 AM

Okay, let's play. Everybody join in...just tell why you love your life. I'll start.

I love my life because...my Mama had me over for a steak lunch today...Yummmm....

I love my life because...I get to get up any time I want to-and never have to set a clock...

Next??????
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: I love my life because... - 09/09/06 02:35 AM

I love my life because I get to live it at my own pace now. I love my life because after having been to the depths of despair and back, I've learned that I am stronger than I knew I could be, and that I am loved more than I can imagine.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: I love my life because... - 09/09/06 03:39 AM

I love my life because I get the whole bed. And can snore...IF I wanted to snore, which I don't.

JJ
Posted by: Louisa

Re: I love my life because... - 09/09/06 11:10 AM

I love my life because I have a wonderful family, a loving husband who cooks, grown children I'm proud of and good friends.

Louisa
Posted by: chickadee

Re: I love my life because... - 09/09/06 12:19 PM

I love my life because "I am". Therefore my possibilities are endless.

Deep, huh?

luv,
chick

Re: I love my life because... - 09/09/06 12:42 PM

I love my life because I get to choose how to live it.

I love my life because I love Chickadee's response "I am".

Re: I love my life because... - 09/09/06 01:48 PM

Well I second that "I love" and raise you two.

I love my life because I get to keep my grandbeauties on Saturdays while Mom runs away.

I love my life because after they wear me slap out, I get to go home and lay down, to total quietness.

JJ
Posted by: Daisygirl

Re: I love my life because... - 09/09/06 01:54 PM

I love life because of "I am" , my family and Dsisy, my Weim.

I love my life because I was fortunate enough to born in America, where we have the freedom to reach for our dreams.
Posted by: Evie

Re: I love my life because... - 09/09/06 03:15 PM

I love my life because last night we had a great evening with friends, I got to sleep in this morning, and I have the whole afternoon to myself while hubby and boys are off doing their "guy" stuff.

Re: I love my life because... - 09/09/06 03:17 PM

oh...and I almost forgot....the Queen was so full of gratitude that she graciously decided I don't have to clean the moat today...:P

Re: I love my life because... - 09/09/06 03:20 PM

Fat chance....JJ
Posted by: 49erDonna

Re: I love my life because... - 09/09/06 05:01 PM

I have successfully raised my son to be a thoughtful, well mannered, caring and happy 19 year old young man... and now that he is out of high school I have been promoted... from homework nazi to friend...
Posted by: Anno

Re: I love my life because... - 09/09/06 05:23 PM

I love my life because I have a wonderful partner that makes big mistakes and admits them and tries to fix them.

I love my life because I am living my dreams and still dream bigger dreams.

I love my life because I am surrounded by family and friends that love me and want only the best for me.

I love my life because I am surrounded by family and friends that I love and I want only the best for them.
Posted by: yonuh

Re: I love my life because... - 09/09/06 08:16 PM

I love my life because it's mine and nobody else's.
I love my life because I have the courage to live it as mine and not live it the way somebody else thinks I should.
I love my life because I can finally allow myself to screw it up without spending months (or years!!) kicking myself.
I love my life because I can wake up every morning knowing that it's a new day and I have another chance to get it right.
Posted by: diamond50

Re: I love my life because... - 09/10/06 08:54 AM

I love it because I get to live it exactly as I choose to.

I love it because of our six kids and seven grandkids : )

And for many of the reasons stated by everyone above : )

Cindy
Posted by: Casey

Re: I love my life because... - 09/10/06 05:32 PM

I understand at the depth of my being that I am part of the greater being, connected to all and because of that, all things are possible.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: I love my life because... - 09/10/06 11:49 PM

Don't be afraid your life will end: Be afraid it may never begin.

I've made a great discovery. What I love belongs to me.
Not the chairs and tables in my house, but the masterpieces of the world. It is only a question of loving my life enough and so I do, I love my life...

Re: I love my life because... - 09/11/06 12:15 AM

I love my life because I cleaned my house today and decluttered...now I feel the space to be more creative and alive!

Re: I love my life because... - 09/12/06 03:47 AM

I love my life because I am now a journeyman in this forum!

I love my life because I had a wonderful time teaching a writing class tonight. I always get so excited when I teach!
Posted by: Pam Kimmell

Re: I love my life because... - 09/13/06 10:29 AM

I love my life because I know God has put me here for a higher purpose and I don't want to waste one minute of the time I have here NOT trying to fulfill his expectations of me. I realize more every day how fortunate I am - health issues aside I know I'm a very lucky person!

Re: I love my life because... - 09/13/06 12:44 PM

Pam's home!

Re: I love my life because... - 09/13/06 01:07 PM

Welcome back, Pam! Your voice has been missed here!

I love my life because my cold-infested husband is upstairs right now vacuuming so that I can be down here with my BWS sisters!
Posted by: Bluebird

Re: I love my life because... - 09/13/06 02:07 PM

I love my life because God has promised me that I would live eternally with Him and gaze upon His face. I am a daughter of the King of the whole universe (how cool is THAT???) and whatever He wills for me, is for the good of my soul. He loves me with an unending love.

I love my life because I have everything I need on this earth - family, friends, food, shelter and a beautiful creation to gaze upon.

I love my life because it is not like anyone else's. It is mine to live and learn and grow and explore.

I love my life because I live in America, where others are willing to sacrifice for my freedom.

I love my life because despite all the misery and heartache, I know it is not the end, but only the beginning...
Posted by: TVC15

Re: I love my life because... - 09/13/06 02:14 PM

I love my life because I am free to dream!

I also love that Pam is back! {{{{Hugging Pam}}}}
We missed you Pam!
Posted by: starting over

Re: I love my life because... - 09/13/06 05:17 PM

I love my life because....I know who I am in Christ. I know what my position is in the Kingdom and what he has called me to do.

I love my life because....I have overcome a terrible divorce and economic disaster and though I lived in that marriage unloved, I am STILL loved and cherished by my Lord and Saviour. Through my darkest hours He never left me.

I love my life because...a whole new world of possibilities lie before me, I am enjoying my life, I am having fun, I have my son, my health, my family and friends who surround me and support me with their love and prayers and accept me for who I am--uglies and all!

Re: I love my life because... - 09/13/06 05:35 PM

Jane, awesome topic!

Re: I love my life because... - 09/13/06 08:01 PM

Thanks Jackie, and the neatest part is...the more you play it the more you love your life!

I love my life because I went to exercise today and it felt sooooooooo good.

I love my life because I'm getting through with some of my projects so I can get back to writing.

Re: I love my life because... - 09/13/06 08:17 PM

You're right! As I was walking this morning (I did 3.4 miles!!) I realized that I was feeling an awesome sense of gratitude and it was because of all of us writing down what we love about our lives. Thank you for reminding me of what I need to be thankful for. This whole topic reminds me of the Thanksgiving table where everyone names something they are thankful for.
((HUGSS))
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: I love my life because... - 09/13/06 11:52 PM

I love my life because I live far enough away from The Queen that I can't hear her snore. (she DOES snore; Jane told me!!)

I love my life because I get to work in my jammies at home. ('cept for when a repair man shows up early - then I get a tad embarrassed!)

I love my life because I can SEE and READ and TYPE and therefore have met so many new friends on this forum.

I love positive topics like this!

Kathy

Re: I love my life because... - 09/14/06 12:01 AM

I love my life because I live in a bigggggggg castle with a biggggggg moat around it.

I love my life because being a Queen, I can say "go clean the moat" and those that have talked about da Queen have to clean it....and the stables....and feed the alligators...etc...etc...etc.

Any of this getting thru to you gals? hm? Jane? Evie? JuneMeister?
Posted by: Pam Kimmell

Re: I love my life because... - 09/14/06 10:31 AM

Thanks for the welcome back girls - I miss you too believe me.....I just can't spend a lot of time sitting here at the computer these days. You all are ALWAYS in my heart though!

This is a wonderful topic and obviously has given everyone here a chance to express the positives in their lives. WAY TO GO GIRLS!

Re: I love my life because... - 09/14/06 05:24 PM

Welcome back Pam.

I love life because today I stopped to smell a rose and I met a lovely boomer woman. The rose was in her backpack.

luv,
chick

Re: I love my life because... - 09/15/06 04:22 AM

Quote:

I love my life because I live in a bigggggggg castle with a biggggggg moat around it.

I love my life because being a Queen, I can say "go clean the moat" and those that have talked about da Queen have to clean it....and the stables....and feed the alligators...etc...etc...etc.

Any of this getting thru to you gals? hm? Jane? Evie? JuneMeister?

Where's that sweet sense of humor southern gals like you are famous for? Where's that funny little queen we all know and love?

Is your moat full of milk so you can dip your oreos any time you like?

Love ya!
Junemeister!!!

Re: I love my life because... - 09/15/06 03:30 PM

no...her moat is full of oreo crumbs, that's why it needs cleaning!!!!!!

Re: I love my life because... - 09/15/06 03:32 PM

...do you know that if you're sent to clean the moat, you've been "de-moated" - but, if cleaning the moat is something you love to do, then you've been "pro-moated"???

Re: I love my life because... - 09/15/06 08:12 PM

Evie, you are priceless.I had a good chuckle on this one.
luv,
chick
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: I love my life because... - 09/15/06 08:17 PM

Very funny. All of it!

Re: I love my life because... - 09/15/06 09:51 PM

Wait a minute...I never said that ...I want a trial...no cleaning up alligator poop for me...I'm innocent....

I love my life because even though I live somewhat near da Queen, she's too busy with her royal duties to come and beat me with her scepter.

I love working in my jammies, too.

I love writing.

I love my life because I can.

Re: I love my life because... - 09/15/06 10:02 PM

Oh commere...come on...all ya'lls...da Queen's only joshin' with ya's...What do you mean what do I have behind my back. Nutin'...I swear it. (insert evil giggle)

I love my life because I have friends who like to act as silly as ME!

I love my life because I'm off to IRELAND next WEEK! EEEK! It's REALLLLLLLLL! I'm actually GOING! Wuhooooo!

Excitment to follow....JJ

Re: I love my life because... - 09/15/06 10:08 PM

Has the little green man, Leprechaun told you where to look for the pot of gold, or is he going along to show you?

Re: I love my life because... - 09/15/06 10:11 PM

Oh and for the record gals, my bud Chatty sent me a VERY LARGE Leprechaun who plays a fiddle and dances. I swear it! She sent it to me as soon as she found out I was going to the Emerald Isle. Is that Chatty or what? Alwaysssssss doing for somebody else. Gawd, you just have to love our Chatty...

And yes, everybody that has come into the sacred chamber (read; my office) has had a ball with Mr. Callahan. (That's what I named him)

Love you Chats!

JJ

Re: I love my life because... - 09/17/06 07:53 PM

I love my life because Friday night I saw "Great Big Sea" in concert and the boys sang those Newfie jigs some good, I'll tell ya (translate: great concert!)

I love my life because da Queen is in such a good mood about running off to Ireland with dat Mr. Callahan and such, that's she's not noticed da moats full of oreo crumbs....
Posted by: Di

Re: I love my life because... - 09/17/06 08:18 PM

I have a husband who loves me, despite my "oddities".

I love my life much better with Jesus in it than out of it.
Posted by: smilinize

Re: I love my life because... - 09/17/06 11:13 PM

JJ, that Chatty's one generous soul. And smart too. She had a heck of a time teaching Callahan to play that fiddle and dance.

I got a beautiful American Indian couple in full deerskin costumes. Never saw such beautiful Indians.

smile

Re: I love my life because... - 09/17/06 11:55 PM

Smile, you must not have been looking in the mirror then, you are the most beautiful Indian I can imagine.

Nothing gives me greater pleasure then making friends happy with the unusual trinkets I find. You have to admit Mr. Callahan is unusual, so ugly he's cute?? Dumb though, imagine an Irishman that can't dance the jig, I thought he'd never learn?
Posted by: Danita

Re: I love my life because... - 09/18/06 12:34 AM

I love my life because I am complete.......I have a great big God who loves me, and finds me captivating!
Posted by: Phyllis0618

Re: I love my life because... - 03/24/07 09:45 PM

I agree with Eagle Heart. Now is a great time for me to define what I can to be and how to get there. Having many war stories from my past, I can appreciate the present.

Freedom to do what I want, with whom I want, and learn from those I want. Redefining my goals and listening to my heart.

Re: I love my life because... - 03/24/07 10:43 PM

Thanks, Phyllis for bringing this back up. (By the way, someone help Phyllis stop being a stranger. She is NOT.)

I love my life because, at 54, it is still full of wonderful possibilities and love and gratitude. I love my life because I am alive.
Posted by: Thistle Cove Farm

Re: I love my life because... - 03/24/07 11:59 PM

I live according to my own terms and God's guidance.

Hiya Sibs, after a long quiet, I'm back.
Posted by: NewLeaf

Re: I love my life because... - 03/25/07 10:25 AM

I love my life because I'm different. I'm so different from the norm that I actually enjoy so much outside the box.

I'm most thankful for a box seat into the world as seen by Dublin and Aaliyah. For the loge seating into the world of retirement by my husband.

I'm so appreciative of my senses which allow me to hear and smell and feel the ocean waves and the chicades in summer and enjoy the laughter of my friends who sit on the porch and drink good wine as we discus world events and our families.

I am thankful for the raw emotion and earthy attraction I have for my husband and then wonder if its not a curse....

I am thankful for my church in which I have found a connection and love and acceptance. I'm most thankful for my wonderful Christ who loves me so much and never never leaves me alone to flounder in my own humanity.

Re: I love my life because... - 03/25/07 01:10 PM

I love my life because I know anything is possible...I love my life because the sun is shining...and the robins are back in my yard...I can't wait for 'Robin' to reclaim her nest from last year so that I can once again watch the miracle unfold...I love my life because I feel hope for the future...for things unseen...
Posted by: Danita

Re: I love my life because... - 03/25/07 01:33 PM

because I am free....

And because I know I have a heavenly father who cares deeply for me, who has a plan to bless me beyond what I could hope or dream.

I love my life because I do what I love for a living....which is to encourage and build people up.

I love my life because I have the most precious friends on the planet.

Danita
Posted by: celtic_flame

Re: I love my life because... - 03/25/07 10:36 PM

I love my life becouse i just got love to give....and sometimes i forgett about me. I know i am held in love and everything that came my way has done so for a reason, which was just in creating the person i am...and (if thats not all) i know i am blessed and have recived most of my harts desiree and most certinlie everything that was good for me...for pleasure..for safty..for growth...for just why not. After all godess/god is good.

Re: I love my life because... - 03/25/07 10:59 PM

Because of my lovely adopted grandson.

web page lucien

Re: I love my life because... - 03/26/07 06:06 AM

I love my life because I can hold little Aaliyah and look into her eyes and see all the life that is there after nearly losing her day before yesterday.

I'm thankful for Dublin who is growing into manhood (he's only 7) but I can see the changes and can see that he loves his grammy so much.

I love my life because I can sit in the porch swing and hear its raspy rhythmic movement while I sip iced tea and observe the back yard.

I love my life because God gave me a black Nissan Altima to drive and its sooooooooo cool! (until the payments are due...)

Re: I love my life because... - 03/26/07 01:43 PM

I love my life because God is my father and His son is one of my best friends.

I love my life because of all the people God blesses me with on a daily and ongoing basis.

Re: I love my life because... - 03/27/07 07:48 AM

Dotsie, you truly do have a blessed life. I'm happy for you and for all of us because you stick with it and stay tuned into all that transpires on this forum.
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: I love my life because... - 03/27/07 08:08 AM

...because I have a brain and I use it.
...because I have a body and I can use it.
...because I have a heart, and I use that too.

The whole point of having a life is to use our gifts, and hopefully use them well.

Re: I love my life because... - 03/27/07 07:01 PM

I love my life because...I just had a wonderful time...presenting to a Teachers group in my home town...I love that I get to write and speak...and I love that they loved me!
Posted by: Poppie

Re: I love my life because... - 03/28/07 12:22 PM

I love my life because I am truly loved and I am emotionally free to love in return.
I love my life because I have talents which allow me to create beautiful things, in song in writing and in jewellry making.
I love my life because I am blessed with children who bless and teach me with their love and growth
I love my life with all it's perfections and flaws..and because of all it's perfections and flaws.

Popea

Re: I love my life because... - 03/28/07 01:15 PM

I love my life because I am filled with ideas and creativity today!

Re: I love my life because... - 03/28/07 01:25 PM

I love my life because I am finally free to do with it what suits ME.

I love my life because I can work from home and not wear a bra all day, if I don't want to!

Re: I love my life because... - 03/28/07 04:57 PM

I love my life because of all the people I touch! I love when they blossom right in front of my very eyes. It is sooooo cool.

Re: I love my life because... - 03/28/07 07:51 PM

i love my life becouse today i am mentalie and emotionalie free to be the loving person that i am regardless of what obsticales i face, or people that diagree with me to the point of hate due to their problems and leave it at that just their problems not mine...
today i am a free woman neather moved or effected by others, so i think thats about personal integritie and i have it, its taken a while but its heer and is 95% of the time, for that i think the godess.
Today i in my own power in my own zone..

Re: I love my life because... - 03/28/07 07:53 PM

I love my life because I know the good Lord loves me and wants more good for me than I can ever imagine. Knowing this makes me keep looking for and discovering His grace! I highly recommend it! Onward with grace.

I love my life because every Wednesday hubby is off and we get to spend time together when the rest of the world is working.

Re: I love my life because... - 03/28/07 08:15 PM

I love my life because...JJ wears a bra when she leaves the house...LOL

Re: I love my life because... - 03/28/07 08:32 PM

or is that onlie when she is meeting you for lunch jane..

sorrie couldn't resit that one, baaaad celtic

Re: I love my life because... - 03/28/07 10:48 PM

i had forgotten wnsliedale chees with cranberries in, wholemeal crakers and totato slices....sometmes its the small joys that make life worthwhile...

Re: I love my life because... - 03/29/07 01:01 PM

Jane, oh good. I guess that means she'll be wearing one when she comes to town this weekend.

Remember:

Do your boobs hang high
do your boobs hand low
can you tie them in a knot
can you tie them in a bow
can you toss them over your shoulder...

Re: I love my life because... - 03/29/07 02:46 PM

like a
over da shoulder boulder holder....

Re: I love my life because... - 03/29/07 03:04 PM

ohhh and it's sooo true now!

Re: I love my life because... - 03/29/07 03:28 PM

I love my life because I'm leavinnnnng on a jet planeeeeee

Re: I love my life because... - 03/29/07 07:32 PM

tie them in a bow.....good greiff and no not yet, but i have never tried hehehe

we got that song over heer, something just universal eh! lol

Re: I love my life because... - 03/29/07 08:06 PM

I love my life because JJ's leaving on a jet plane...OMG...she heard that...now I'll be cleaning the moat the whole time she's gone...blurb...blurb...blurb...

I love my life because I connected with a friend last evening for dinner...we had such a good chat...and laugh...and great Mexican food...

Re: I love my life because... - 03/29/07 09:09 PM

Jane, I made a moat note. I'll catch you when I return. Sigh....these pleasants!

Re: I love my life because... - 03/30/07 09:54 PM

i got so much good things going on that we spoiled for choice regarding oppertunities....

Re: I love my life because... - 03/30/07 10:19 PM

blurb...blurb...blurb...I never get out of the moat!

I love my life because I'm enjoying playing with my boomer sisters on the forums!
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: I love my life because... - 03/31/07 02:22 AM

I love my life because I got an email from my best girlfriend in high school, whom I've been trying to get a hold of for years! I keep sending postcards ("Hi! Is that you?") and this is the first time I've gotten a response.

Another gf from high school found me, and she lives only 20 miles from here.

Re: I love my life because... - 04/01/07 08:32 AM

Right now I love my life because of my soft body hugging flannel blanket that I can wrap around me and cover my face and feel swaddled and safe.

I love the meatballs and fried okra I got from WalMart deli today...mmmm good!

I love my life because I had the once in a lifetime pleasure of seeing the angelic sleeping face of Aaliyah right now as she lays at the end of my bed covered in her Cinderella blanket.

She said, "I love you Grammy." My heart melted and I had to pick her up and squeeze her and then kiss her cute little feet.

I love my life because tomorrow I will wake up if God sees fit and I can experience all another day has to offer, both good and bad and revel in my aliveness.

Re: I love my life because... - 04/01/07 02:10 PM

I love my life because it rained during the night and there are two rain drops hanging from my awning...they're just suspended there...not fretting or worrying...today I feel like a suspended raindrop...just hanging out...

Re: I love my life because... - 04/01/07 06:54 PM

we had good enough weather warm sunshinie, blue skies that we not onlie got to walk in the park but eat their too and sit for half an hour with no discohort from the cold.....and watched l runn in circles being a buzzie bee....then barking after the dogs that barked at him, and scoot all over the place on his bike andddddddd back to being a buzzie bee again..

i loved it all and the wee twinkle of sunshine lifts spirites like you wouldnt belive, it looked like everie one was relaxed and smiling....
Posted by: hotflashgal

Re: I love my life because... - 07/02/07 05:01 PM

Nothing has been posted here for awhile...so I will start it up again.
I love my life because I am surrounded by my husband, children and friends who love me.

I love my life because I have had life experience which makes me the wise woman I am today.

I love my life because I have so much to be thankful for and the freedom to appreciate it.

I love my life because I realize that the possibilities are endless.

Re: I love my life because... - 07/02/07 05:50 PM

I love my life because I woke up full of ideas this morning!

I love my life because my granddaughter will be coming here for her very first birthday!

Re: I love my life because... - 07/04/07 12:19 AM

I love my life because I am healthy for the most part, and still around to enjoy all the pleasures this world has to offer.

Re: I love my life because... - 07/04/07 12:11 PM

I love my life because I am posting from bed while hubby is playing tennis on his day off. It beats sitting in the office.

I love my life today because my daughter is home from college and we are going to the parade together, and it's cool outside.

I love my life today because the air is off, the windows are open, and I can hear the birds singing and see the sun glistening off the pines trees out back.

I love my life today because I can come here to catch up with friends.

I love my life today because my family is safe and healthy.

I love my life today because it's the 4th of July. I appreciate our freedom and the fact that I have two children from Korea who are US citizens.

I love my life because I feel blessed.
Posted by: gerrbeck

Re: I love my life because... - 07/04/07 01:51 PM

I love my life because I too am blessed to live in the greatest country in the world.

I love my life because I am sitting here at my computer in my pajamas on a day off!

I love my life because I get to spend the day with a great friend and her kids and my kids to!

I love my life because the BWS sight has been so inspiring for me.
Posted by: Songbird

Re: I love my life because... - 07/05/07 09:14 PM

I love my life because God is good and loves me.

Re: I love my life because... - 07/06/07 02:52 AM

I love my life because I had a wonderful visit with my daughter and granddaughter...

I love my life because my house is quite again...the cat is happy not to be chased by a baby...LOL!
Posted by: KathleenGageSpeaker

Re: I love my life because... - 07/07/07 05:51 AM

I love my life today because I am alive!

I love my life today because I am healthy.

I love my life today because I am loved.

I love my life today because I love.

I love my life today because I have choice.

I love my life today because I do what I love for a living.

I love my life today because I live in a beautiful state with amazing beauty surrounding me.

I love my life today because I can share thoughts with women from all around the globe.

I love my life today because my dog loves me and I love him.
Posted by: jabber

An awesome thread... - 07/07/07 02:15 PM

It's so wonderful reading why all you folks love life! This is the nicest thread I think I've ever read.
I love life because I have a great husband, even though somedays the gender thing bugs me. I love life because I live in America and this is a beautiful country. I love life because I can see the sun rise and the sun shine, and the sun cast shadows of plant life across the lawn. I love hummingbirds and robins and deer. I love cows and horses and dogs. And most of all I love people: precious, God fearing, God loving people...like all of you!!! You've brightened my day!!!
Happy 7/7/07.
Ciao for now,
bonnie rose

Re: An awesome thread... - 07/07/07 03:26 PM

I love my life because I was just able to visit my parents and they are healthy.

I love my life because I have just poured a glass of diet coke...yumo...I love diet coke!

I love my life because I love what I do...I love my business...in fact I named it Loving Life Matters...

I love my life because my time is flexible...
Posted by: humlan

Re: An awesome thread... - 07/10/07 09:39 PM

I love my life today because I am on vacation.

I love my life because I am grumpy right now, but I can still write to you and say: I LOVE MY LIFE!

I love my life because I can still read good books, watch films that can make me cry or laugh (like Jack Black) and listen to great music...like My own Prison by Red Hot Chili Pepper..

But I am still in a louzy mood and I still love my life...

Re: An awesome thread... - 07/10/07 11:42 PM

Maybe I need a good dose of BWS mail..have been reading some and am beginning to love my life even more..and you women here, too.

And some good wine to round out the evening, will help me love myself and life even more. I am sure. Cheers!!! Skål!!!

I love you and my life!!!!

Re: An awesome thread... - 07/15/07 05:51 PM

I love my life because my 17 year old is in love and hurting. He´s a boy/man and he´s in touch with his feelings. This is GOOD.

I love my life because the sun is shining and there is a lovely breeze.

I love my life because Brian Adams is singing, "Rescue Me" and there´s no one telling me he´s a jerk and can´t sing! My x-hubby used to complain about most of the music I listened to..BUT NO MORE! This lady listens to whatever she pleases..including Marilyn Manson!!!!

Have a GOOD..NO, WONDERFUL DAY!!!!!

Re: An awesome thread... - 07/22/07 01:28 PM

I love my life because every morning is a new day...maybe I enter with the same pain and same problems as yesterday, but some mornings I wake up with a new perspective on that pain and those problems (or at least new courage to face them again).

I love my life because even when my heart is heavy with grief and the overwhelming immensity of recent losses, each new day brings its own measure of healing and is another step in the right direction (forward).

I love my life because my 6-1/2 year old granddaughter loves me and can't wait to see me again - even though somedays I want to crawl into a dark corner, she entices me out with her eager love and makes me glad to be alive and chasing her (and butterflies) in the sunshine.
Posted by: Daisygirl

Re: An awesome thread... - 07/23/07 12:34 PM

Eagle there is NOTHING like the innocent love of a child to lift you up! I must say my grandson is the light of my life (along with Daisy) and one of the biggest reasons I love my life.
Posted by: ShesPassionate

Re: An awesome thread... - 08/03/07 06:18 PM

I love my life because God gave me two beautiful boys who were an answer to prayer.
...because they are both healthy
...and so am I, even tho my sciatica is killing me, I AM healthy
...because it is Friday
...because we have plans with friends tonight- woo-hoo!

Re: An awesome thread... - 08/03/07 06:54 PM

I love my life
... because all my children/grandchildren are doing great (subject to change at any time of course)
... because I played my best game and won last night
... because my life partner is just that
... because my sis was here to help me celebrate 53
... because my immediate family keeps in touch
... because God is for me
... because I have you
... because I am
I love my life...just because!

Re: An awesome thread... - 08/04/07 02:19 AM

I love my life because I am moving to a different house and I get to paint all the rooms my favorite colors...and it has an extra bedroom for when the kids come for a visit...or a boomer sister...and it has fantastic water pressure...

I love my life because my mother is healthy and is helping me paint...

I love my life because...there are so many good things happening right now...

I love my life because...da Queen will be returning to her throne sometime tomorrow...

I love my life because...I get to go to the beach next week!

Re: An awesome thread... - 09/01/07 09:27 PM

I love my life because we had coffee with my family at our favorite spot..outdoors under the trees..

I love my life because my daughter is coming again from the US to attend a family wedding with us..

I love my life because at this moment in time it is peaceful..

I love my life because the weather is gorgeous..

I love my life because my home is the haven I have always dreamed of having and giving..

Re: An awesome thread... - 09/30/07 06:56 PM

I guess that I need this thread..so here goes again...
I love my life because I am learning so much.
I love my life because I have the courage to learn and see.
I love my life because this courage is supported and helped by my friends and my partner.
I love my life because I am letting go of my "hollywood" or "rosey" way of seeing life.
I love my life because I am working on not loosing hope and joy and LOVE!

Thanks guys..I needed to make this statement for myself and before all of you!!!!

Re: An awesome thread... - 09/30/07 08:07 PM

humlan,

What a beautiful statement! I love the postive way that you worded everything...and I know that you are not going to lose hope, joy or love!

Re: An awesome thread... - 10/24/07 06:41 PM

I said that I needed this thread..

I love my life because I have a cozy, warm apartment to come home to, filled with gentle lights..and 2 people that I love very much..my youngest son, Mick and my partner, Robert.

I love my life because when I feel battered and tired..I have this haven/home to return to and feel peace and love like a warm glow..and that makes me smile and gives me hope.

I love my life becaue there is a beacon shining in my/our home called truth and this means alot to me and my 2 dear ones too. We don´t deceive eachother or shy away from saying the truth..perhaps it is said with empathy and little humor..but it IS said. And this means alot to me..that it´s OK for me to say what I think and feel..and for them, Mick and Robert, too.

LOTS of HUGS!!!
Posted by: gims

Re: An awesome thread... - 10/25/07 06:26 AM

I love my life because I am ME. All the years of feeling below par, most times not even second best. Now it doesn't matter, I am ME and no one else can be THAT!
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: An awesome thread... - 10/25/07 09:23 AM

I love my life.
Mountain ash

Re: An awesome thread... - 10/25/07 10:47 AM

i love my life becouse i am alive lol
Posted by: orchid

Re: An awesome thread... - 10/27/07 07:28 PM

I didn't notice this thread until now.. must have been sleepin' at steering wheel.

I love my life because every fibre of me is alive.
I love my life because I see, hear and feel what the world offers to me.
I love my life because I can wonder and imagine and wonder in awe.
I love my life for the gifts that my family and my partner have given to me..to become best of me.
Posted by: dancer9

Re: An awesome thread... - 10/28/07 01:52 AM

Wow, I almost went deep and then I realized:
I love my life because of the people in it!
Otherwise, forget it!
dancer9

Re: An awesome thread... - 10/28/07 08:23 AM

dancer9...
I figure you didn't mean what you posted to be funny, but I just had to laugh - "Otherwise, forget it!" - thanks, I needed that...

Re: An awesome thread... - 10/28/07 06:10 PM

Gimster,
Actually, I found my answer to be a bit ironic myself.
I'm pleased you got a laugh!
dancer

Re: An awesome thread... - 10/28/07 08:35 PM

Re: An awesome thread... - 10/28/07 09:44 PM

I love my life because...I finally have a Bertha room! Sorry it's so big...it's not this big in person! LOL! I resized it...but it stayed big!!

Re: An awesome thread... - 10/29/07 12:51 PM

I love my live because I am a child of God.
He has a purpose for my life. I am thankful for all the blessings he bestows upon me daily, empowering me to go forth while he fulfills his purpose in me. I am thankful for the peace, the joy, the hope and the love knowing Him provides and operates in me. I thank God for life, with all it's trials and triumphs. I learn from each and grow into the person he wants me to be.

Re: An awesome thread... - 10/29/07 12:53 PM

Hi Jane: Please pardon my lack of knowledge, but what is a Bertha room?
Posted by: ladyjane

Re: An awesome thread... - 10/29/07 03:29 PM

To Jane from another Jane,
I LOVE your room!! Mine!! Mine!! It's pink and cozy and colorful...I just love it and would like to visit you in it and drink tea. I want one now.

Re: An awesome thread... - 10/29/07 03:32 PM

Oh yes...and I love my life because I have it and it's a gift from God. Now it's up to me to use it wisely and I'm not wise sometimes which is sad. I have learned to love the simpler things in my life now...I need very little.....my kitties, birdies and warm teddy-bear husband. We just shut out the world sometimes. Life is what you make it...

Re: An awesome thread... - 10/29/07 05:45 PM

Everyone should have a Bertha room.
Mine would be royal purple and gold!

Re: An awesome thread... - 10/30/07 09:29 PM

Songbird,

Bertha is the character in my book Bertha-Size Your Life! and her favorite colors are lime green and flamingo pink. When I first decided to move in this house, I just knew that this room had to be pink and then I knew that the door needed to be green...and it just evolved into the favorite room in my house!

Today...I love that I got to interview Dotsie for an upcoming Loving Life Radio Show on November 6th!

I love my life because the sun is shining and it's a beautiful fall day!

I love my life because...I just do!

Gimster...royal purple and gold sound beautiful!

Re: An awesome thread... - 10/30/07 09:31 PM

Jane,

I'd love for you to come for a visit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: An awesome thread... - 10/31/07 01:20 AM

She is a gracious host, let me tell ya.

Gimster, purple and gold are my high school colors. LOVE THEM! They always conjure up sweet memories for me.

If I had a Bertha Room, is would be filled with white wicker, pinks and blues, yellows, stripes and chintz, and even flowers. ALL COTTAGE-TYPE stuff...with overstuffed cushions, a few antiques, and ME.

Re: An awesome thread... - 10/31/07 01:36 PM

Oh darn, Jane, you're way down south in Alabama! My klunker wouldn't make it. I used to spend time with a friend in Mississippi and had a dear friend in Mobile. Whenever I visited the south I STILL saw "Make my day...shoot a yankee" bumper stickers! Made me nervous. Anyway, it's freezing up here and I'd love to be in a lime green and flamingo pink room down south. This room and its colors would even meet the approval of my husband...we're parrotheads. Is it okay to admit that?! I can't think of anything nicer than to have a lazy afternoon and some real southern sun tea in your room with you!

Re: An awesome thread... - 10/31/07 11:41 PM

JJ...are you one of the antiques? What...don't put me in the mote again...blurb...blurb...blurb...

Jane...well...make like a snowbird and fly on down...no clunkers needed! I haven't made sun tea in years...but I sure can make some good sweet tea...and yes...you can be a parrothead! When I lived in Gulf Shores, I used to love to go to his sister LuLu's restaurant...supposedly he would just show up from time to time...but I never saw him...bummer!

I love my life because I got a big delivery of propane today...and now I'll stay warm all winter!

I love my life because I have such good friends here at BWS!

Re: An awesome thread... - 11/11/07 09:45 PM

I love my life because I have a very dear and close friend. We call eachother sisters as we are both an only child.

I love my life because my partner gave me a looong hug when I asked him for it. And I could cry on his shoulder without getting questioned..for the moment.

PS. A Bertha room..great idea!!! Somewhere to let your hair hang down or WHATEVER!!!! LOVE IT!!! Would love to visit with you in your Bertha room..got anything stronger than tea???
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: An awesome thread... - 11/12/07 07:00 PM

I love my life because I enjoy my own company and know I can truly rely on myself.

I love my life because I’ve been blessed with good health, and just as importantly, those who I love are all healthy in mind and body.

I love my life and am fully aware and thankful how good life is to me. I have had a loving and warm childhood. I’ve never been molested, misused, beaten, or ever felt I’m losing it. I’m married now 32 years to a loving dear man. We’ve had our marital downs, but I believe we have found our way to one another again.

This forum has opened my eyes and heart to the grief so many of you women have had to endure, and your stories have truly shaken me up. I am so very thankful for my good life, and hope I will be as strong as so many of you, when those inevitable trials cross my own path.

Re: An awesome thread... - 11/12/07 11:49 PM

Humlan...

Come on over...we'll scrounge up some Long Island Tea...that should be strong enough!

I love my life because da Queen came for a visit this afternoon! Woo Hoo!

I love my life because I am free to define it anyway that I choose!
Posted by: Countrygirl

Re: An awesome thread... - 11/13/07 12:46 PM

This is such a great topic!!

I love my life because God has taken some yukky situations and worked them out for my good.

I belong to Jesus Christ and I can leave everything in His hands.

I've been blessed with a loving family, a safe place to live, clean water and fresh food every day....what more could I ask for? Praise the Lord!

Re: An awesome thread... - 11/13/07 06:42 PM

ok, Jane..what´s Long Island Tea???

I love my life because, as Eagleheart wrote elsewhere, I can choose how to move on. And her thought really gave me just what I am looking for this moment.

I love my life because it´s snowing, cold and dark outside..but inside there is light, warmth, good coffee brewing and my dear ones are all at home with me too. What more could a woman want??

I love my life because this site is always here to check in on and get some inspiration or laughs when I need it. That´s a nice comfy feeling.

Re: An awesome thread... - 11/14/07 01:31 AM

It's 5 white liquors with a splash of coke and lemon...it resembles the color of tea...and it will knock you on your butt!

Re: An awesome thread... - 11/15/07 12:46 AM

Oh yes it is. It's a serious girl's drink
dancer

Re: An awesome thread... - 11/15/07 03:32 AM

I don't love my life today.
Went to see my mom and the whole visit she CRIED. No matter what I said to her, she cried... AND apologized for EVERYTHING. I had to speak with the nurse and find out if there was anything wrong. They had no clue. I asked that they keep an eye on her. When I first walked into her room, she sat up in the bed and said she thought she had died... and she did have a strange look in her eyes - a glaring far away look. So weird. I stayed as long as I could. I don't know how much longer I can keep this up.

Re: An awesome thread... - 11/26/07 08:12 PM

Oh, I will come and drink your tea..it sounds just the thing for this lady!!!! Mmmm..

I love my life because my partner just called me to dinner..made by him.

I love my life because it seems as tho I have taken myself over a rather large obstacle in my life..I dared to leave my car at home and become a public commuter. I won´t go into why this has been very tough for me..but it has. And I have done it!!! So far...

I love my life because my son is failing about every subject in "gymnasiet"..but when I sift thru it all..there is hope..because the results are mostly due to his absence in class. It´s his last year. We live in Sweden and it´s very dark and cold when classes start..on the other side of town. SOOO..there is hope!!!! I am very grateful for that.

Re: An awesome thread... - 11/26/07 08:14 PM

Glimster..I hear you!!! Lots and lots of very big and warm bear hugs!!!! There´s alot going on in your life these days, isn´t it???

Re: An awesome thread... - 11/26/07 09:10 PM

gimster, I recall those visits with mom when I left crying. They don't always go the way we want them to. Hang in there and don't over-do it if you don't have to. Hoping the next visit is a little brighter.

Re: An awesome thread... - 11/26/07 09:12 PM

I love my life because all three kids were here this weekend and it was glorious. Now two are back at school and the other is on a business trip. I love my life because now hubby and I are in our empty nest until Friday. Woohoo.

Re: An awesome thread... - 12/02/07 02:24 AM

I love my life because it is 3:30am here and nobody is lecturing me about the time!!!!!

Re: An awesome thread... - 12/02/07 03:34 PM

I love my life because I have choices. I can wake up every day and decide, right then and there, whether I want to be happy, be depressed, be glad, be sad. Its a choice I have, and I love that.

Re: An awesome thread... - 12/03/07 02:56 PM

Hey, its me again, Margaret!

I love my life because when I woke up this morning, I made the choice to tell God how beautiful a day it was, and to thank him for allowing me yet another one.

I love my life because I chose to focus on NOW, not the past, or things I cannot change.

I also thanked him for even giving me THE CHOICE.

What did you choose for today?

Re: An awesome thread... - 12/03/07 04:00 PM

Amen! Thank God for the gift of choices - and I'll add my own thanksgiving for His compassion for those times in our lives when we don't choose wisely. I love how He takes our choices and especially our woundedness (so often inflicted on us by other people's bad choices) and turns them into tools to help others. I think of people like Lynnie and Dianne and so many other incredible women here, who have suffered so much, and yet it's by their very suffering that God is able to shine His most powerful healing light into the lives of others who might not be able to make it through without those "wounded healers". What tender love it takes to know just what people most need in the midst of their own struggle to choose life & hope.

His faithfulness makes me glad to be alive, His mercy makes me grateful for everything that has brought me to my here-and-now, and His wisdom helps me to embrace my past knowing that nothing goes to waste when we lay it in His hands.

I'm especially grateful I don't have to go out in the snow today! Big storm here! It's such a gift to be able to cosy up to the warm fire here at BWS. It really IS a good day to be alive, isn't it?

Re: An awesome thread... - 12/03/07 06:46 PM

Funny you should ask..because I DID make a conscious choice today to be happy..spread my happiness..and to be tired in a calming sort of way..not one that bogs down others=my colleagues or the children. And it worked..the response I got from the group of children was lots of fun..they "read" story books to me..making up the plot along the way. How wonderful to be "read to" as a teacher!!! It´s a luxury! The meeting we had in the evening..my colleagues and I, went very well, too. Everyone is tired now before Christmas what with all the preperations and festivities both at work and at home..but we had a good meeting..AND I listened to my colleagues..and could feel the warmth spreading in the room. Sooo..yes,

I love my life because I can make a choice..and it can really work for me and those around me.

I also love my life because it´s the first week of advent which means everyone has decorated their homes with Christmas lights..turning our Scandinavian darkness into something very magical and special.

Re: An awesome thread... - 12/03/07 07:51 PM

I love my life because I was rewarded with Humlan's post and got a tingled from the tip of my head to my toes.

YOU ROCK!

Re: An awesome thread... - 12/05/07 11:35 PM

Jaw jaw...

I love my life because I did my yoga and it helped.
I love my life because I have decided to think about what I HAVE done today instead of what I didn´t do...

And now I have to hit the sack..it´s almost 1am here! Tomorrow is work time again!

Re: An awesome thread... - 12/05/07 11:37 PM

Humlan,
I just wanted to say Good for you, that you do yoga! I try and try to tell women how good it is for you and it's hard to get them to start!
You did and I can tell you are getting all the benefits from it!
GOOD FOR YOU!
dancer9

Re: An awesome thread... - 12/05/07 11:50 PM

Yes, dancer..?

Re: An awesome thread... - 12/11/07 02:18 AM

Re: An awesome thread... - 12/11/07 07:30 PM

Thanks, dancer. It really is amazing what yoga does for body and soul and mind. And I experience this with just the little that I can do on my own!

I love my life because I have learned alot about thankfulness here on this site today. I am truely very very grateful for that.

I love my life because Christmas Eve is approaching..the day we celebrate here in Sweden. And since my divorce, every Christmas Eve has been a surprise and new experience for me. A new way to celebrate Christmas. I dreaded this day at the time of my divorce..but there was really no need at all. So, I am looking forward to what this Christmas Eve will bring!

Re: An awesome thread... - 12/15/07 10:36 PM

I love my life because I am slowly reigniting contact with one of my daughters. That means that I get to see more of grandchildren in a relaxed sort of way. I am so grateful!

I love my life because I saw the Lucia celebration at my grandaughter´s "fritids". It was just lovely! The kids were all around 8yrs old. And they sang: I wish you a Merry Christmas..". I got a big lump in my throat then!

I love my life because my body is serving me pretty well. I do have aches and pains..but it´s working altho a bit rusty. ..and as far as I know, I am pretty healthy.

Re: An awesome thread... - 12/29/07 08:39 PM

I love my life because I can still laugh from the heart..all the way up to my face..THANKS, dancer!

I love my life because our little apartment is filled with family and friends.

I love my life because in this life I have whiskey!!! SKÅL!!! from Sweden

Re: An awesome thread... - 12/30/07 04:41 PM

I love my life because I know humlan and appreciate her for keeping this thread alive.

I love my life because while returning Pop-Pop's slippers at the mall yesterday, with my grocery list in my pocket, and wanting to shop a little, but feeling pulled to get to the food store, then home...I got a call from my oldest son.

"Mom, I'm going to Wegman's. Do you need anything?"

"Oh honey, do you have a pen and paper? Can I give you my list?"

So I read him my list. He shopped. I stayed at the mall and wandered a bit and felt so free.

It's the little things that thrill me.

I also love my life because my daughter and I spent lots of time hanging out together yesterday. We actually went back to the mall and returned her slippers. Then our family had dinner with another family at a Chinese restaurant. When we got home, she and I retreated to the basement and watched a little TV (a show about the couple that had two children and then had sextuplets!)and worked on a jigsaw puzzle.

She's 20, has a boyfriend, etc. so I have to embrace and appreciate these moments.

I love life this morning because we took a break from church and are just hanging out at home with nothing to do for a couple hours, Woohoo. This is rare.

Re: An awesome thread... - 12/30/07 05:30 PM

Dotsie,
I very much relate to the time you spent with your daughter! My son is also 20 and goes to University in another state. It was harder because he recently spend 5 months in India for school studies and I missed and worried for him. He returned and I was able to spend a lot of time this year with him for Christmas. As you said, these times are important because they have their own lives. It seems he was a bit homesick so he stayed with me longer than usual for Christmas and we did things together and laughed until we couldn't stop a couple times like when he was younger. These are the times to cherish, cerainly!
I'm glad that you, too, had such a time with your child. I put my child on a plane back to school but didn't think I'd miss him as much because I caught up with his dreams, his thoughts and opinions!

dancer9
whose other son is in Italy!

Re: An awesome thread... - 01/12/08 01:22 AM

I love my life because I got a pretty good salary raise at work. I haven´t really told anyone at home about it..but I have been celebrating it by doing small things for myself: drinking my extra special whisky; buying a round gold candle and lighting it in the evening and by making an appointment at my hairdresser´s to have highlights (slingor in Swedish)put in my hair. And nobody else knows about the why of these small things. Only ME.

I love my life because I had a very uplifting and interesting conversation with my boss about why I got the raise..she even mentioned that she has tried doing things with the kids that she has seen me do..

And I love my life because I watched an exceptionally good Morse this evening, friday evening..complete with my golden candle lit beside me and some special whiskey inside me..putting me into this perfectly wonderful mood that only happens now and again..life was mellow, kind and glowy.

Re: An awesome thread... - 01/12/08 01:47 AM

Wow, Humlan, you were having yourself a MOMENT when you wrote that! I hope I feel that good again soon!
Enjoy, what a good time!
dancer
Posted by: Dee

Re: An awesome thread... - 01/16/08 04:20 AM

I love my life because God blesses me everyday.
I love my life because I live in a country that allows wonderful web sites like BWS where we can all share our thoughts, dreams, hopes, losses and lives from all parts of the world.
I love my life because I have two wonderful sons, 3 wonderful step-children and the best husband in the world.

Re: An awesome thread... - 01/20/08 02:30 AM

You are so right, Dee..

I love my life because I got hugged for such a long and wonderfully cozy time by my grandchildren today after having spent the afternoon with them..and you must consider that Theo is almost 11 And had a friend over.. Molly is soon 9 and also had a friend over (not that often you get hugs when they are getting to be this BIG ..at least not with an audience near by)..the youngest Liam (2yrs old) did NOT hug grandma ...but that´s ok..love him and my life anyway.

Love my life because there is such good wine to be tasted..and I found myself some this evening...

I love my life because my daughter, the mom of the grandkids, asked me to make dinner because it "usually tastes good" ..and she is one of my kids on therapy who most often sees me (and her dad) as the cause of all her adult issues.

ok. and I love my life because all of you here on this forum have become a part of it and of me

Re: An awesome thread... - 01/27/08 03:50 PM

I love my life because I get help here when I need it..like now. I haven´t been able to ask my question..air my thoughts about my relationshp..LIVE. But I can here. That means so much right now.

I am going to get fresh sushi for dinner tonite! So..I LOVE my life!!!!

Well, I guess I just love my life..eventho it´s a bit upside down right now.

Re: An awesome thread... - 02/08/08 09:25 PM

I love my life because as far as I know I am relatively healthy..

I love my life because I am always learning something..

I live my life because I had some very good laughs today...

I love my life because I am feeling a bit sad and weary inside..but I know why and it´s ok..that´s a new one for me..

Re: An awesome thread... - 02/10/08 08:00 PM

I love my life today because other than church and taking Dad food shopping, I have nothing to do except hang out with hubby and son at home, post here, and read magazines, the paper and books.

Re: An awesome thread... - 02/10/08 08:40 PM

Dotsie, your day sounds dreamy!

Love my life because I´ve come some distance on my path in certain things I have been thinking about and considering.

Love my life because my partner and I took it easy today,too and watched a 3 hour film,"The Hogfather" based on a book by Terry Prachett. Very very nice movie, filled with English humor..a sort off Christmas Story.

love my life because I have rediscovered a book that is a BIG help to me as a woman and an individual: Women who run with the Wolves" by Clarissa Pinkola Estes.

Re: An awesome thread... - 02/24/08 03:02 AM

Spent the evening with a very close friend..and feel so filled with so much..as I always do when we meet.

My other dear friend, who was widowed last may..called me after 3am (we´re all awake here ) and we had a "happy chat"..about life, love, religion, movies..her son came home a few minutes ago..she said she had to go spend some time with him..he´d had 10 or 12 beers..and when he´s not so sober, he´s quite talkative, as she said..so she wanted to use the opportunity to "chat" with him,too

And finally..my 18 yr old has some good friends over to play computer games and have some beer..so the atmosphere is pleasantly jolly in our kitchen,too (where the computers are)..

A nice Saturday evening..night..early morning..and I love my life right now and am very grateful for the moments..because that is what life, isn´t it..a series of moments???...

Re: An awesome thread... - 02/24/08 08:04 PM

I love my life because Hubby and I took our granddaughter on a 4 hour hike. We had the baby carriage with us, although most of the time Anaiya sat on Hubby’s shoulders. The high panorama trail allowed us to enjoy the view of the snow capped mountain ranges in the distance. Still it was so warm, that we had short sleeved shirts on!

After the hike we sat in a restaurant on a large terrace, from which we looked over a hilly golf course and beyond that the Bavarian Alps. I had chicken breasts with a coconut chilly sauce. It was so yummy. Anaiya visited almost every table around us, and was little miss diva of the day.

Today reminded me of the times when Hubby and I were young parents. We used to take our children hiking all the time. I felt nostalgic and grateful, and I know Hubby felt it too, just because we were able to repeat this experience again.

Re: An awesome thread... - 02/24/08 08:12 PM

OOOOOO the blessings of life and grandchildren!!! It´s moments like yours, Hannelore, that make it all worthwhile...all the long years and the effort!!!

Ok, it´s not ALL about struggle, ALL the time...life, I mean..it can and is good alot of the time,too.. don´t want to sound like the old crone that I actually I am

Re: An awesome thread... - 02/24/08 08:29 PM

Humlan Babe! If you are an old crone, then I must be half dead.
You are so right about life not always being a struggle. Those good days between is what we have to hang on to, just to know that that is what it's all about.

Re: An awesome thread... - 02/24/08 08:35 PM

YES! YES! YES!

sometimes that hanging on to is not that easy..BUT that´s the idea anyway..always!

Re: An awesome thread... - 02/25/08 01:29 AM

This might be a good time to ask where Jane Carroll and Bertha are....anyone know?

Re: An awesome thread... - 02/25/08 02:08 AM

Hannelore, what a lovely day. It's so refreshing to hear how you and your hubby are enjoying yourselves these days!

Georgia stays in touch with Jane. Maybe she'll jump in.

humlan, if you're an old crone, I want to be one! That's a compliment.

I love my life because hubby and I had a great weekend together. Our oldest son went to Clemson for the weekend to visit his college buddies. Our daughter didn't come home this weekend because she took the weekend off from work and hung out at college. Woohoo. We took advantage of the weekend by going to dinner and the movies Friday night, bowling with friends last night and after church today, we drove into the city and just hung out together. Then after his tennis and my exercise, we continue to hang out at home. Sonny boy should be home soon.

We love our kids, but must make the most of the time they aren't around.

I love my life because I can sit next to hubby on the sofa while using my lap top , catching up with my BWS friends.

Re: An awesome thread... - 03/06/08 07:51 PM

Yes Dotsie..these special private things that you can do with your hubby/partner..that you can´t really do with anyone else..and you NEED to do them..what a blessing!!! Or like having a cup of coffee and not saying anything because you are both so tired..but you are sort of communicating anyway..and it´s ok with both of you..the silence.

I love my life because I am slowly..very slowly..with very small steps..changing it..developing it..something is happeing..nothing big..but it IS happening..I can feel it.

I love my life because lying on my couch at the moment is a piece of paper with a thought typed on it and goes like this: to dare to take yourself more seriously (translated from the Swedish)...

Hmmm...

Re: An awesome thread... - 03/10/08 11:34 PM

I love my life because I am going crazy in a good way. My world is being turned upside down..and I am a bit curious how it will all end..if I don´t end first (remember the bloodpressure monitor thread? )

I love my life because I am finding wisdom of a different kind at the age of 60..about time.And

I love my life because I am leaving behind some things that I thought were important before..and this leaves me with freedom. And

I love my life because I have wonderful grandchildren that I have the pleasure and gift of being with more often right now.

I love my life because I have a wise and patient partner to help me along this crazy path I have chosen at the moment..

Well, that´s it folks!

Re: An awesome thread... - 03/11/08 12:33 AM

I love my life because my computer is finally uncrashed! (That's where I've been...thanks for asking Gims!)

I love my life because we just found out that we're having another granddaughter...ultrasound today...

I love my life because...I just do!

Re: An awesome thread... - 04/08/08 07:19 PM

I love my life because I am part of this forum..that has come alive again! And given me so much in such a short time..

I love my life because I finally did my yoga..to the music of Celine D...cheating I know..but it was wonderful!

I love my life because I was up to trix like Trixie..and I`M ALIVE!!!!

I love my life, dear friends..because you are here when I need you..or just want to share your lives with you..

Re: An awesome thread... - 04/14/08 10:03 PM

I love my life because this forum is up and running..althO I miss some very good friends here still..and wonder where they are. I don´t have their mail addresses, unfortunately..

I love my life because after a proper glass of wine, I am falling into bed..comatized. What a day! But a good one,too!!

I love my life because there are some happy Vegas ladies on this forum spreading the cheer, fun and altogther wonderful week-end they had together out in Vegas!!!! That makes me happy and smile and laugh and I like doing that!

Thank you all and good nite!!!!

Re: An awesome thread... - 04/14/08 10:36 PM

I just plain and simply, LOVE MY LIFE!

Re: An awesome thread... - 04/15/08 05:13 PM

May I add I too love my life..looking out my window I am overawed with the beauty of the country side.

Now and then I have a fleeting feeling of how fast time has passed and vow to use every day to advantage.Even the days when worries and concerns come along..I learn something valuable.
Mountain ash

Re: An awesome thread... - 04/27/08 10:09 PM

I love my life because my son is still singing, "I want to break free" all over the house

I love my life because my partner looked real sexy while he was shaving this evening

And I love my life because I am too sleepy..not tired..just too good ole sleepy..to think!!! Lovely feeling..no ananlyzing, questioning or worrying (must be something I should be worrying about )..just a total blank up there!

Re: An awesome thread... - 04/29/08 04:37 PM

I love my life because after a year in the dark clouds of grief, I'm finally feeling a wonderful surge of joy in living. I realized that my world, while smaller these days, is full of blessings. Two beautiful grandchildren, gardens full of red tulips this week, a husband who loves me and a community of sisters who have journeyed through the toughest year of my life and helped me come out the other side with the ability to feel joy, new passion for possibilities and a renewed sense of purpose.

Re: An awesome thread... - 04/29/08 06:00 PM

Eagleheart,
You have come such a long way since I have joined this group! A post like yours makes my heart warm and tells me that "this too shall pass," and that we should take the good with the bad, you are an inspiration, thank you.

Dancer

Re: An awesome thread... - 04/29/08 09:00 PM

I love my life because I get to read all these examples of why other boomer women love their lives.

I love my life because the sun is shining.

I love my life because my sister and Dad stopped in to visit me today.

I love my life because hubby and son will be home soon, and sonny boy will be making dinner.

Re: An awesome thread... - 04/29/08 10:12 PM

Dancer, thank you for your kind words. You would have met me only a couple of weeks after my brother died. That was such an excruciating loss for me. I knew the jagged edges of agony would eventually melt into a dull ache, but one of the most difficult aspects of the whole journey through this grief was to not succumb to bitterness and raging unforgiveness...it took me a LONG time to forgive God for allowing Gary to die, but I did.

To feel that spark of joy and renewed purpose for my own life is a welcome relief after all these long months of walking in the darkness of my rage and grief.

Re: An awesome thread... - 04/29/08 10:14 PM

Quote:

...sonny boy will be making dinner.

That makes me jump for joy for you! Is there anything more delicious than a meal that someone else cooked?! Will he/they do the dishes too?

Re: An awesome thread... - 05/04/08 08:43 PM

I love my life because I have had a lovely, wonderful..so wonderful looong week-end with my partner.

I love my life because the weather is beautiful..and I did some pottering in my "garden" on my balcony..having been inspired by you ladies here..and I woke up the wasps and the ants..and it´s just the beginning of May here in Sweden!

And I love my life because I have discovered the Law of Attraction, the law of Allowing and the law of Vibration..I am learning..trying..and it´s exciting. I kinda feel like a kid again!!! And that´s GRRRRREAT!!!!

Re: An awesome thread... - 06/29/08 06:25 PM

I love my life because my summer holidays have started..and the weather is fine and warm (gotta be grateful for that when you live in Sweden)

I love my life because the European Football Final is on in a few minutes..and I am going to enjoy it with my partner! If Spain wins against Germany..I will love my life even more

And I love my life because we have spent the afternoon out in the sunshine with my closest friend and her partner. We talked and talked..and just enjoyed eachother´s company..and relaxed together.

And I love my life because my 18 yr old is coming home with his computer buddy from Gothenburg..and I am going to meet him for the first time. They have been playing together over the miles for about 7-8 years now.

HUUUUUGS and LOVE to you all!

PS..Spain won!!! They won the European Championships in Football/soccer I mean..it can´t get any better at the moment!

Re: An awesome thread... - 06/29/08 10:46 PM

Good memories are a wonderful thing!

Re: An awesome thread... - 06/30/08 07:05 AM

Humlan...we watched the game on a big screen last night, with about 40 other people, in a neighbour's garden. We BQued, wore funny fan hats, clapped with oversized plastic hands, and drank lots of beer. Anaiya danced under the stars, between the tables till 10:30...She's still sleeping this morning.

Spain was the better team, no doubt about it. I thought it was great how the Germans celebrated Spain's win as well. I think that shows true sportsmanship.

Re: An awesome thread... - 07/01/08 08:16 AM

What fun to know my son and all of you were watching the same soccer game!

humlan, you sound like your life is rocking right now. Can't wait to here about son's visit.

EW, your parties always sound like such fun. How about hosting one for all the BWS gals. I'd love to watch Anaiya dancing 'til dawn while all her boomer aunts shower her with love.

Re: An awesome thread... - 07/09/08 10:50 PM

I love my life because I spent the afternoon surrounded by my loved ones..at the lake..in the sunshine. Tell me..can it get any better????

I love my life because I heeded the advice and thoughts of our forum founder here, Dotsie..and excercised patience! And this is a BIG thing for me..as I have little or no patience at all. And having done this..I made a difference today..in my life and the lives of my family.

I love my life simply because I was sad and downish..and now I am happy and uppish...that´s a lovely feeling..going from darkish to lightish!!!!

AND THANKS Girls..it was YOU who helped me make this day possible!!! By your support and your kind words of wisdom..and caring!

PS. Boy, do I sound nerdy and syrupy..but it´s all true anyway!

Re: An awesome thread... - 08/10/08 10:17 PM

HA!!! Found one of my favorite old threads.. grin

This is a bit difficult today because I kinda find my life being a bit tough right now..but that´s when you need positive thoughts, right?? Ok, here goes..

I love my life because my son is in the other room, listening to great music (Creed) and reading the last Harry Potter book. He´ll be gone soon..so this is a treat smile

I love my life because I am not alone with my fears and anxiety. I have my partner, my son..and my family and my friends. GOSH!!! Put like that, I do have SO MUCH!!! WOW!!!

ok, one more..hmmm...I love my life because I have had a wonderful summer, in fact..and as far as I know..I have my health in tact.

You know, this works..really works. I am humbled by being so blessed..so now I am going to take a shower and get ready for bed. Tomorrow, it´s back to work again..and yes, I am very grateful for having a job to return to. blush

Re: An awesome thread... - 08/10/08 10:41 PM

Well, Humlan, you inspire me. I'm grateful that life is full of inspiring people.

I love my life because I have two delightful grandchildren who make me laugh and make me feel so alive when I'm with them.

I love my life because I'm married to a wonderful husband who supports and nurtures this wonderful life we've built together.

I love my life because God is so tender and patient with me. He fills my day with wondrous treasures and, knowing how blind I can be at times, keeps reminding me in so many delightful (and humourous) ways to "see with new eyes".

I truly am blessed. I'm so grateful for the amazing grace that greets me every morning and provides everything I need to live and love another abundant day.

And I'm especially grateful for people who inspire me to stretch my wings, expand my horizons and explore the endless possibilities of my "can be".

Re: An awesome thread... - 08/11/08 11:42 AM

I love my life because D and I are expecting his sis-boom-bah, BIL and one of his nieces today.

I love my life because I have such great girlfriends.

I love my life because I have the most wonderful man in my life.

I love my life because I have a beautiful home full of windows and love.
Posted by: savvygrandmother

Re: I love my life because... - 08/20/08 09:52 PM

I love my life because I'm a grandmother four times over -

I love my life because ... because I am here and experiencing every waking moment! What a blessing!

Re: I love my life because... - 08/21/08 11:36 AM

I love my life because it's another gorgeous, August Baltimore day, and the Farmer's Market is today!

I love my life because I had dinner with Dad, oldest sister, brother, his wife and hubby last night. We were celebrating the August birthdays at a local restaurant. It's rare that all of us celebrate adult birthdays. We're usually too busy celebrating the kids. Times are a changing! The youngest grandchildren are 20.

Make the most of this day!

Re: I love my life because... - 08/21/08 06:51 PM

You know, I just love my life... No particular reason for it, I just do...

Re: I love my life because... - 08/22/08 06:45 PM

I love my life because today saw decorators come to my home and work on painting my kitchen.
This summer I have had several projects in hand.Painting skirting boards.Having a carpet fitted and a bedroom painted(myself and daughter)
This kept is busy and as one job finished another started.So I looked in the weekly paper and found.
THE LADIES DECORATING TEAM.
They came and gave me a price...and wallah.
Today started early...we moved everything.Then two young women arrived and several hours later I have a pristine kitchen.The varnish is nearly dry so tomorrow....everything put back into place.I feel just so satisfied that this worked so well.
The Girls were charming professional and now I see how well they do a job I shall get them in again. (After a rest)
Any one else has a female decorating team do work.?
Mountain ash

Re: I love my life because... - 11/04/08 06:04 PM

I am feeling down in the dumps this evening..probably because I am very tired and my SIL has another round of chemo to take today.. So I am going to try and pick myself up here by writing about things I have to be thankful for..even if I don´t feel like it at the moment. frown

I love my life because my feet are down and my head is up. I am also still walking on my own steam..and able to work everyday.

I love my life because I have a wonderful family that usually loves me wink and is there for me. And I am allowed to be there for them..all of them. smile

I love my life because I am soon going to watch my favorite dvd..I buy a new one every week, at discount price, with the evening paper (which I don´t read)....Midsommar Murders.

I love my life because, in a little over a month, I am traveling with my 2 grandkids to visit with my daughter and her family and my son..in the US.

Well, I hope this works. I can understand that I am truely blessed..and now I want to start feeling it.

All my love to you all here on the forum. smile

Re: I love my life because... - 11/04/08 06:06 PM

And all our love back, Humlan. I hope you feel better!

Where in the US will you be visiting?

Re: I love my life because... - 11/04/08 08:44 PM

I love my life because I still have one, such as it is.

Re: I love my life because... - 11/05/08 12:01 PM

And, chattylady, my dear..that ´s more than enough. Don´t you think? smile

Hugs

Re: I love my life because... - 11/05/08 03:25 PM

I love my life because today is Wednesday, and Ross is off every Wednesday so we can hang out together while the rest of the world is working. He just got in from tennis so I'm outta here soon.

Why do you love your life today?
Posted by: Mama Red

Re: I love my life because... - 11/05/08 04:34 PM

I love my life today for a bunch of reasons...one of the best ones is it is fall...and I love fall! It is sunny and breezy here in Chicagoland and I'm looking out the window at beautiful red and gold leaves.

Yeah fall!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: I love my life because... - 11/05/08 04:45 PM

I love my life because I have eyes and can read so many books!

Re: I love my life because... - 11/05/08 05:07 PM

... me too, JJ,
and ears to hear...
The weather has been holding at 'real fine' for the past few weeks... we've been able to turn our A/C unit off and keep some windows open for cross-ventilation. This morn I heard the most peculiar music. I followed my ears to the restroom, where there's a small window that has metal mini-blinds as covering. This is one of the windows we've held open. The blinds, opened ever so slightly, had been caught by this morning's soft but steady breeze, and they had hung on the chair railing which goes 1/2 way into the window casing. The blinds were caught in a 'grass blade' position, and the wind coming over the blades was making music. I didn't want to disturb the private and crude instrumental serenade, but I was so afraid the blinds would get bent (the wind's efforts were pulling and pushing)...so I chose to open them all the way. But, it was cool while it lasted and I got to HEAR it... oh, and thanks for my brain, which was able to figure out where to go and what to do.

Re: I love my life because... - 11/05/08 05:50 PM

And thanks for my family..someone wrote to me on the forum recently and said that I have a wonderful family..and it´s true.. I hadn´t ever put it that way in this head of mine crazy..

so thank you for that,too. smile

Re: I love my life because... - 11/10/08 04:01 PM

I love my life because I've been involved with planning a new worship service for our youth, and 20 and 30 somethings that we so desperately need to attract, and to keep our church vital. It was held in the chapel because we expected it to be small. Eighty people chose to attend. We were at capacity on the very first service. It felt like our prayers had been answered. Now we need to keep up the momentum.
Posted by: Di

Re: I love my life because... - 11/10/08 05:44 PM

I love my life, today, because I have a husband who supports me in my business/dream. AND has been hugely instrumental in the success of it!

Re: I love my life because... - 11/14/08 12:34 AM

I love my life as it is brimmed full of people who love me for who and what I am.
I love my life as I get to express myself in a way that I used to only dream about.
I love my life because it is coloured with a creative connection to inspire my every new deed and exploration.
I realy love my life because Ann and Dennis will be in London soon and we will get to spend some time together(and hopefully with Lola too) and do fun things..(and they will get some time to visit me at my Uni whilst I work!!!).
I love my life because I am strong, fairly healthy and getting happier with it all with each passing day.
My life is so very charmed and for that I am truly blessed.

Poppie

Re: I love my life because... - 11/14/08 04:26 PM

Poppie, you will be meeting with people I miss on this forum nowadays.And, for this, you are truely blessed. Please give them my love

And good luck, girl!

More power to ya!!! I mean it! grin
Posted by: Edelweiss2

Re: I love my life because... - 11/14/08 07:12 PM

Hey Chara! I know you will have a wonderful time, because you are all beautiful people, inside and out! Hope Lola makes it this time too!
We will want to see pictures!...And how about pictures of your new creations!

Re: I love my life because... - 11/16/08 11:22 AM

Angel a chara, I will be posting some photo's way down in adult education in the thread..'it's happened at last'..a new overveiw of what I have done and what I am currently working on.
Yes, we will have a wonderful time in our little mini boomer convention. I have been chatting to Ann and we both end up in tears alot...but they are good years(tears in my book are only the surpluss fuel of emotion)

I spoke to Lola on Friday evening just before I was heading off to a concert(I had been having a few warm up bevvies with my mates)We are all to pencil in time for meeting up whilst Ann and Dennis are in London and hope to have lots of fun.

Love to all

Poppie

ps..don't forget to pop into adult learning(I hope that is the right thread!!)
Posted by: Linda Popiel

Re: I love my life because... - 11/28/08 11:52 PM

I love my life because I get to live with my husband daughter and my son-in-law and I know God loves me

Re: I love my life because... - 12/03/08 06:35 PM

I love my life because I am learning..or being taught..sooo much lately.

Re: I love my life because... - 12/03/08 10:00 PM

I love my life because I've "met" so many amazing women on this site and because I'm truly blessed to have weathered the "divorce" storm!
Posted by: cyclinggal

Re: I love my life because... - 12/03/08 11:02 PM

I also have weathered the divorce storm. When I got divorced after 28 years of marriage, I thought my life was over. I didn't believe any of my friends who said that it would get better. Indeed it did get better. The most important thing is that I really like myself and have good friends that like me also. I have stepped outside the box with my cycling, hiking, volunteering, etc. I didn't have this when I was married. The one piece of advice I would give any married women is to develop your own interests and friends outside the marriage. So many women who married in the 60's (and even later) did what their husbands wanted to do. In my case, it just never occurred to me that I could have a life apart from my husband, with my own interests and friends. What was I thinking??? I had to start from square one when I got divorced. And, what an adventure it has been.

Re: I love my life because... - 12/04/08 03:39 PM

I love my life because of all the people who enrich it, and whose lives I hopefully enrich too.

I love my life because of relationships.

Mama, great advice for married women. Thanks for sharing. The same advice stand for women who are in long relationships and not married.

Re: I love my life because... - 12/04/08 03:54 PM

I don't know exactly when it happened or why or how, but I think I've found my Christmas spark again! It snuck up on me. Maybe it was changing everything around to create the Christmas that I've been yearning for for years. I couldn't change it before because my family was so steeped in the old traditions that it would have caused too much friction and, I admit, I loved Gary so much that I would have done ANYTHING for him, including protecting his vision and version of Christmas.

Now, though I'd give anything and everything to have him back, the reality is that Christmas is a blank slate for us, and we've decided to change the focus to suit our vision. Somehow, making that happen has brought that spark of Christmas joy back to my heart.

I love how these little sparks of joy are beginning to poke through the grief, and I love how resilient the human spirit is - and how the caring kindness of others plays such a huge part in loving us back to life.

Re: I love my life because... - 12/05/08 04:52 AM

Oh Eagle Heart...I'm so thrilled to hear those tiny sparks are being ignited for you. Remember, dear one, it only takes a tiny spark to ignite a bonfire. And whether it is a bonfire or a spark, your joy is reminder to us all of powerfully passionate possibities of the human spirit. Thank you for being such an amazing woman and sharing your heart so openly. You are an inspiration.

Re: I love my life because... - 12/05/08 01:39 PM

Eagle your news of the spark makes me happy for you.
Figment's song " 1 little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation. Right at the start of everything that's new One little spark lights up for you! "

Re: I love my life because... - 12/07/08 06:42 PM

Eagleheart..you are a tiny spark in my darker moments/hours. I think of you often then..and think that you have been there,too.

Have a wonderful Christmas..I have refocused my Christmas,too..a few times of the years..

All my love!

Re: I love my life because... - 12/07/08 11:07 PM

Humlan, you're always close in thought and heart...anytime I start to "go there", I think of you and all that you're going through and then channel my energy into lifting you in prayer and sending loving caring thoughts your way. I also do this with Jabber, mindful of her friend's dire situation.

Our hearts seem connected beyond time and space constraints; I'm so grateful for these connections because they spark the spark!

Re: I love my life because... - 12/09/08 02:25 PM

yep i am trying on a brand new christmass day this year too. I am hoping change can be good and by sounds of it as few others have alreadie showen it so.
its good to know

Re: I love my life because... - 12/09/08 05:04 PM

Eagle, I hope you're still feeling the sparks. That's such great news. Is the whole fireplace burning by now?

Re: I love my life because... - 12/09/08 05:45 PM

I wish...but you know how the song goes, it only takes a spark to get a fire going...

It's a little tricky these days; but that's okay. I'm more able to take the twists and turns in this grief journey. This morning, I was cleaning out and sorting through a pile of Christmas bags from Christmases past (we use them as "stocking bags".) I found one that still had empty wrappings from two years ago...it had been Gary's stocking bag. That caused a minor flood. But those moments don't last long now, so that's healing-at-work, isn't it!

Just recently you shared a quote about peace...I still have it on my fridge...it helps a lot, because it reminds me that "this too shall pass" and that it's okay to feel the wound and the loss. I think the worst suffering comes from constantly trying to run away from the pain; the harder I work to escape or hide from it, the bigger the pain becomes. I'm finding that if I just sit still, face it, feel it, and acknowledge that the sadness is still healing and that it's OKAY to feel sad, the pain subsides and becomes much more manageable. And somehow just opening my mind and heart to feel compassion for my own sadness also opens up space in my heart for those sparks to fit in right alongside of the pain.

Re: I love my life because... - 12/10/08 07:39 PM

I think the worst suffering comes from constantly trying to run away from the pain; the harder I work to escape or hide from it, the bigger the pain becomes. I'm finding that if I just sit still, face it, feel it, and acknowledge that the sadness is still healing and that it's OKAY to feel sad, the pain subsides and becomes much more manageable. And somehow just opening my mind and heart to feel compassion for my own sadness also opens up space in my heart for those sparks to fit in right alongside of the pain. [/quote]

my mum took ill on christmass day and was dead by boxing day. we weer not talking at the time despite so manie internal alarm bells clanging for me to phone her, i can be to full of pride and stuborn and it cost us both dearlie.

anyway i had this emotional pain and physical pain i thought i was almost having a hart attake at time. I was drainned and slowlie became exousted. Untill one day i sat then lay on my bed acknolaged i missed her and felt not just thought about missing her or thought about the pain but felt it. Of course i cried but got up from that bed some time later lighter less tired and alreadie on the road to recovering from that particulare emotional upset in my life and all i had done to dumb that pain out. I had ran for at lest 6 mounths maybee even more like 1 yr pluss before not being able to run from it anymore. Thank god i gave in in the end as its what i needed

so that both of us eragle, thers gotta be something in it.

so keep going when you can with all the strenth you have when you can..and well worked out that running isen't the answere.

Re: I love my life because... - 12/10/08 11:39 PM

celtic,
I'm so sorry for all that pain! It's true that we must face our pain and we must do it when we are ready. If you are in physical pain, no one should have to bear terrible physical pain ever, period. I hope you do not suffer pain in your body that has to be treated.

I'm glad you worked out what you had to and you were strong to face it!

Dancer

Re: I love my life because... - 12/11/08 12:12 PM

dancer thank you smile

i was using that as an example to back up what eagle said, it sticks in my mind as it was important even but more importantlie a very important PICE of LEARNING. Thank you for your compansion but if that pain tirness and exoustion haden't became too much for me i would never have given into it, i am very strong and very stuborn, a curse and blessing at same time.

the physical pain i have is dowen to injurie, a birth complicasion then a car crash which effected the CNS which develpoed to fibromyalga. it leads one into another and it slowed me dowen in life BUT gess who had to slow dowen in life anyway big time lol. Id be a certifable workaholic and missed so much of life becouse i always was so bisie, its much diffrent now. Sillie as it may seem the crash, the injurie and resulting lifestyle diffrenses from finacial to energeticalie, physicalie i can see as a learning or even a very painfull gift from god! I certinlie don't belive god or energie hurts us but sometimes gives us best learning example that we need and if that happens to be painfull then so be it. i can see that now looking back

do you know how much more of L i seern had time with and messed about in parkes that i would never had seen otherwise? lol

His disabilitie makes life trickie to say the lest but if i was earning it be too easie to hand him over to a caretaker pay them, get about my work and miss so much of him. As arrogant as it seems or sounds i can care for him better than them and i am who he needs more than them full time in his life. No matter how i get critisised for this and not working, i have a good child and i am rareing him and loving him and showing him, some of his abilitie i think is dowen to me beliving in his abilitie and giving him every oppertunitie to do and also to sheldf him when the doing was too hard for him untill hes able to do, what he could't. PLZ remnd me of this if i get tired or dowen about it all lol sometimes i need a kick up the bum!

i have even gotten a lot stronger physicalie so medicasion incressed untill muscle tone incressed then meds was cut dowen as you know its all interconnected.

arn't you left with injurie too becouse of the occupasion you chosen? if not injurie weer and tear?

how do you cope with yours? the pain and any limitasions that come by?

Re: I love my life because... - 01/24/09 12:19 AM

I love my life because a dear friend (and you know who you are) has brought home to me the importance of maintaining "balance" in my life..in my inner life"..and she has even given me good example on how to maintain and work at keeping balance in my life.

I love my life because it is the week-end..and I love week-ends..especially friday nites!

And I love my life because they are promising a snowstorm with some high winds here in the Stockholm area..and I plan to watch this from the inside out. SO COZY!!!!

Oh yes..I love my life because I have had the time of my life with a good part of my family over in the US during Christmas..and I have SOOOO Many Wonderful Loving Memories to carry with me whereever I go (roam..if I am to use the words of Metallica´s great song..one of them anyway smile )

Re: I love my life because... - 01/24/09 10:18 AM

Wow, what an inspirational post. humlan, it's so great to hear you voice again. We missed you while you were in the states. Still wish I could have gotten to meet you.

Your snow storm sounds perfect. Hopefully your honey will be snowed in with you!

I love my life for many reasons:

- the temps were in the 50s yesterday and it was sunny so I walked into town and it felt so good

- dinner with hubby at a new place in town last night, and we ran in to several other neighbors and friends

- watched Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 with hubby after dinner - warm, fuzzy movie at home

- walking with friend this morning so we can get caught up with one another's lives. I need the fresh air.

- spending time with Dad this morning

- friends coming to town for the night to stay with us. Will go listen to his Irish band in the city tonight. He plays with his two brothers and they are awesome.

- having lunch with kids and out of town friends tomorrow, fun reunion. These are our friends who lost thier only child a year and a half ago. Today is his birthday. Please pray we can lift them up while they are here.

- then church tomorrow night

Are you loving your life? Please tell us why. It helps us appreciate our own lives.

-Also love my life because I can come here when I awaken at 4:00 a.m. and can't get back to sleep!

Re: I love my life because... - 01/24/09 02:02 PM

lol i also ccme heer in the middle of the night ramble a bit but go back to bed tired and probablie read something that lifted or inspired me (L can get up from 4 am so even if he not up i think i go into a light sleep from then untill he dose get up)

i love my life becouse iv no big hassles or dramas everything is sweet for me!

spring is so close i can almost feel it in the air sometiems.

iv missed nect matalica concert but have been ordered that i am going to next no matter what along with a pink date lol.

I am chosing a special present for a frend and i love buying gifts and researching them and the stuff they like.

i have the cash for a gift smile

i got tatooed for 2.5-3 hours tweo days ago and its healing well and i am boweled over with the work.

lifes just good, i know i am loved and i know i am blessed. smile

Re: I love my life because... - 01/24/09 02:03 PM

dotsie you sound bissie

is that a typical day or weekend for you?

Re: I love my life because... - 01/28/09 06:00 PM

Celtic..how cool!!! A tattoo..what does it look like??? If I had the money..I would do it too..the reaper is what I want..and I know just the one. It´s on the cover of a cd..the group is heavy metal..but not metallica..some other one that I can´t remember right now. But its here at home and ready for me to use, if I ever get the means before I am too senile to care cool

ok..hmmm..I love my life because I have succeeded for the past few weeks to maintain my inner balance!!!!! This is a TRUE FEAT for me!!!!

I love my life because Friday is around the corner and I LOVE Fridays. I am going to meet with old friends on Friday evening,too!

And I love my life because I am becoming closer and closer with my oldest grandson..since our trip to the US together..and we have so much to talk about..think about..laugh about..and we both miss my youngest son who is in the US..SO MUCH!!!!The one who decided when he was about 15 or 16 that he wanted to spend his time being happy and sharing this with his friends.

And I love my life because I have such a kind and gentle and softspoken partner.
Posted by: Josie

Re: I love my life because... - 01/29/09 01:39 AM

I love that I am waking up each day to hugs, hugs, and more hugs. It doesn't get much better than this!

( The freedom to finally do whatever I please is a distant second, but awesome nonetheless. )
Posted by: Wisdom&Life

Re: I love my life because... - 01/30/09 01:36 AM

I love my life because I am fortunate to find balance. I am fortunate for all the friends and family I've been privileged to know my whole life. I love my life both the good and the bad, because the enrichment that comes with it is far more rewarding and it is a blessing to be able to keep growing and growing.

I love my life because God is with me and I am able to feel it!

This is a great thread, Love it!

Cheers,
Cathi

Re: I love my life because... - 01/30/09 02:34 PM

i love my life becouse just when it gt quite and certine for awhile it gets noisy unceretine and intresting (in a good way)

seeds planted last september have potencialie just begane sprouting up or springing up...i say more later when i am sure smile

Re: I love my life because... - 03/14/09 12:55 AM

I am forcing myself to write something here because basically I am feeling quite negative right now..but there has to be something good, right?

I love my life because my adult children and my grandkids are in it.

I love my life because I am having knee problems that keep nagging me and somehow I am aware that these are changing my life and kind of putting everything upside down and inside out.THERE i got that out..and it´s true..eventho it´s hard!

And I love my life because my partner is in it..eventho he is driving me crazy and to desperation lately.

I love my life because I found yoga some years back. And I think that I will do some now..to find some balance in unbalance! I have to be gentle on my knee which makes it harder..but it´s worth it!

Come on..help me with some positive input here..if you have the time! Anything will do!

Hugs!
Posted by: yonuh

Re: I love my life because... - 03/14/09 02:47 AM

I love my life because I can come here at any time of the day or night and feel inspired by this wonderful community of women.

I love my life because my job is so boring, but I have a job.

I love my life because today was a sun-filled day and Spring is just around the corner.

Re: I love my life because... - 03/14/09 01:26 PM

humline... just becouse your alive and experinsing you life prettie cool.

and when i get reallie blue i go to. Thanks god i have eye lashes to keep dust out my eyes, thank god i have chips in my muds becouse then i have mugs, thank god i a great big phone bill becouse at lest i have loads of people to talk to. Thank godness iv a soar back i have to live my life in a new and intresting way, thank god i not as cleaver as i think becouse then theirs loads to descover and get to know about. Thank goodness iv resnt becouse tyhat means i have a house that i live in.

saves my bacon many a time. smile

good stratigie to kick start something positive to change it so sorry to hear youv got problems and having to put some effort in.

keep going girl. smile

Re: I love my life because... - 03/14/09 10:09 PM

Thank you so much Yonuh and Celtic. I had myself a good smile..and that`s gotta be good. smile

I guess then..I am grateful for my knee pain because that means that I have a knee..and all the adjusting is teaching me something..I know that!!! smile Patience, for onte thing..and I certainly need training in that department!

I loved your "thank God I`m not as clever as I think" Celtic..that is just packed with humor and thoughts..now I really am laughing! And I´m right with you there..I often find myself rethinking things that I kinda thought I knew as true..and that is exciting! I am reading a book on extreme selfcare..and this is very interesting and not half as selfish as it sounds! It´s about keeping yourself together so you can be of some use to yourself and others.. cool

I love my life because I took the time to check in here this evening and find your replies, Yonuh and Celtic..thank you again!!

Re: I love my life because... - 03/15/09 01:20 AM

I love being alive in spite of my life! Hows that for irony?

Re: I love my life because... - 03/15/09 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By: humlan

I guess then..I am grateful for my knee pain because that means that I have a knee..and all the adjusting is teaching me something..I know that!!! smile Patience, for onte thing..and I certainly need training in that department!

i had that learning after my accident too humline, just rember the adjustment and thoughs a prosess love frustrating annoying and hard as it is its a prosess.
you'll get their, keep at it.

Re: I love my life because... - 03/15/09 03:14 PM

i get ya chattie and the ironie too smile

Re: I love my life because... - 03/15/09 03:16 PM

i love my life too despite not getting what i want...but i want it anyway lol. So not getting it just frustrating and annoying but decressing and will so untill it becomes a so what! i hearlading it on its way.

anyway ise't it still good to be alive

Re: I love my life because... - 03/19/09 08:24 PM

hymlin

how you doing today?

the knee any better?

Re: I love my life because... - 03/19/09 09:05 PM

I love my life at the moment because I have the house to myself and will have it to myself for a few more hours.

I love my life because I work for myself and can make my own hours.

I love my life because humlan's in it and she is so good about picking things up here by coming back to this post.

I love my life because of women like, humlan, yonuh, celtic and chatty whose postings make me realize that we really have so much more to be thankful for.

Re: I love my life because... - 03/20/09 07:57 PM

thank you dotsie smile

i love my life today becouse despite all things destructive, thers new life everyweer.

my son L lost his first tooth today, an new one nearlie in, new life everyweer. smile

Re: I love my life because... - 03/20/09 08:40 PM

Is the tooth fairy visiting L tonight?

I love my life because this is the first day of spring. New life is everywhere here too. A field I drive by to take my daughter to school was brown last week, and honestly - it's all green now! Just drove by a hedge of blooming forsythia. Gotta love it!

Re: I love my life because... - 03/20/09 10:07 PM

he would like a robot from tooth faire and i know one such robot thats cheep lol so he might get cash for a cheepie robot...

daffodils everyweer in the park and crocises which are a bit late but their all their just butifull.

2 butifull warm days in afternoon, frezin fog in morn but everyone in parks enjoying heat and scenerie perhapps just being out. Thes days are such a relife after a winter.

Re: I love my life because... - 03/20/09 10:42 PM

I mean..you gotta get a smile on your face when reading your posts! And I have one..on my face..and inside too! Thank you so much!!!

I love my life because there are some wonderful friends in it..like you girls here. I know that I am not around that much..and you´re still here..thank you!

And yes..the sun has been smiling on us here in my area of Sweden. It´s been wonderful! I got my butt out the door and did some walking again..after work.

Hope that you all have a good week-end! Hugs!!!

Re: I love my life because... - 03/26/09 02:35 PM

humlan, glad to hear you're out walking. I wish we lived closer. We could walk together.

I love my life because I'm doing a small, out of the ordinary retreat, and it's causing me to have a better awareness of daily grace.

I love my life because all the decisions are made for our kitchen renovation so it should be free sailing for the next couple weeks.

I love my life because I learned our youngest is coming home for a short visit.
Posted by: Edelweiss3

Re: I love my life because... - 05/10/09 05:57 PM

I learned a lesson on mother’s day. That is; don’t say what you don’t mean, just to put yourself in a better light.

This week we saw our sons very often, so both of them asked me what I’m planning on mother’s day. Thinking they might have enough of “family” I said I plan to spend it with my own mother, and that they shouldn’t worry about doing anything, it’s just a commercialized day anyway. While saying it,… I was thinking, ‘what are you saying’?

Well, this morning I picked up my Mom, and we cooked a lovely dinner and had it on the terrace. Neither of my sons called, and I was angry at myself for playing the martyr when I’m really not one. But then,…while eating desert,…my youngest son came from around the corner of our house with a huge orange tree in his arms. Half an hour later, my oldest son came with a bunch of spring flowers. The whole family was here, and I was so relieved that they didn’t take my words seriously. I thank God, … they could read between my lines. Today I love my life.

Re: I love my life because... - 05/16/09 05:20 PM

Oh Edelweiss..I sooo identify with you..the whole situation. How many times don´t I do exactly what you did..to make things easier for the family!!! My Gosh..I am SOOO GLAD that they read between the lines!!! And I AM going to try and stop doing the very same thing!!! I can try along with you anyway!!!

Dotsie..it´s a while back now..but what kind of retreat were doing? Were you not at home at the time?

I love my life because I am much closer to my daughter, here in Sweden. We can talk more easily and openly..and she actually expresses her desire to see me and come to her home and her wonderful family!!

I love my life because I am exhausted after a trying week at work..with staff shortage, etc...AND I CAN actually relax and take it easy! That´s a luxury..and I am enjoying it to the fullest!!!

I love my life because the weather is just gorgeous...and everything around me is so beautiful. I am so grateful!

And I am enjoying the peace and quit around me right now! It´s just lovely!!!

Hugs to everyone!!
Posted by: Rachel2

Re: I love my life because... - 06/04/09 05:42 PM

I love life because Its so great to be back here with all of you guys, you make me smile and laugh out loud ( especially at work )and have others look at me wondering what I'm doing besides working.

I love life because God created me for His glorious purpose

I love life because even though I have been through alot of pain and hurt, I AM NOT bitter and still can go out of my way to help someone else.

I love life because Every day I get to wake up to my husband and know he loves me , wrenkles and all.

Re: I love my life because... - 06/04/09 05:45 PM

I love life today because I woke up smiling , even to the point of maybe cleaning a mote for Da Queen ( quickly looks for that crocadile tape to know what to do)

Re: I love my life because... - 06/05/09 10:04 AM

Rachel, your posts make me smile. Thanks.

I love my life today because I had this online neighborhood to entertain me at 5:00AM when I couldn't sleep.

I love my life because even though I often forget, God's in charge and wants my best.

I'm grateful that my family is healthy and well. It's something I can't take for granted with two diabetics in the house.

I love my life because I get to sit in this big, comfy chair with the morning news on the TV, my lap top in my lap, feet propped up and a blanket to keep me warm. It's 6:00 AM and I have a nice long day ahead of me. Woohoo.

Embrace the day.

Re: I love my life because... - 06/05/09 02:39 PM

Thank you, My evil plot of making people laugh and smile is working WHAAAAAHAAAAHAAAA bring on the crocadiles

Re: I love my life because... - 06/07/09 02:11 PM

Racehl2..it DOES work..a smile kinda spreads all around..and makes a grey day into a sunny day..most of the time anytime!!! We gotta take every moment..just every moment..as it is..and be so thankful for it..my daughter reminded of this while I was talking to her on the phone..she reminded me of how we lived when my oldest daughter..her older sister..Susan, was very very ill and then finally left us. We lived for the moment..for a half of a day..no more at a time. Sure there was alot of pain..but there was alot of peace,too...alot of peace..amazing..hmm..

Ok..and I LOVE my life because I was at Bruce Springsteen´s concert here in Sweden on Friday..Stockholm, Sweden..and he was AWESOME!!! I mean he Rocked us into a Frenzy..we were all way out there!!!!! HE IS THE BOSS AND NO LESS!!!

And I love my life because my youngest son is fulfilling his dreams (and mine) at the moment..he is diving at the Caymans. smile cool smile cool smile

And I love my life because I am going to leave you all now and go to my local cafe under the trees..the sun is actually shining in Sweden..bit if a miracle these days..and enjoy good coffee and the wonderful company of my partner..

HUGS AND LOTS AND LOTS OF HUGS!!! grin

Re: I love my life because... - 06/07/09 02:58 PM

I love my life because humlan shares her life with me! Who did you rock at the concert with? Isn't it great to know you can still experience total enjoyment in the moment at a concert?

Thanks for sharing your perspective about time from when your dear daughter was dying. I never thought about it until you posted, but reflecting on Mom's dying, you are so right. I'm still saddened by your loss. I can't imagine burying a child. Bless you humlan!

I'm grateful for my life because I got to go shopping with my oldest son yesterday - just for fun, worked at our strawberry festival serving the works - strawberries, ice cream, cake, chocolate sauce, and whipped cream, then went to an outdoor party last night and danced under the stars with Ross, hung out with good friends, and ate lucious food.

I love my life because it's a gorgeous day and all I have to do is visit Dad and go to church later. The wondows are open, the birds are chirping, Ross is here watching the French Open, and life is good.

Re: I love my life because... - 06/09/09 10:30 PM

Dotsie..I rocked with my partner beside me..and some Enthusiasic fans who could every note and word..as I can..right beside me on the otherside. And standing right below the stage and the Boss were my very own daughter and her brother, my son..So..well, at least 1/2 of the family were right there together cool

I love my life because I am having problems arranging my summer in some sort of meaningful way where I won´t kill myself in the process..helping everyone that is asking for help. It´s a puzzle and walk on the edge..but I am going to try to assert my own needs too..to some degree. And this is something new for me..and very needed..and growth inspiring..I hope.

My IBS tummy is really acting up..and I am hoping that I will listen to the warnings..and learn something from it..in my effort to calm it down..so I can function again..away from the tiolet confused

I like being able to say good nite to you ladies here this evening and hoping that this finds you ok!!!

HUGS!!!! And HUGS!!!! cool

Re: I love my life because... - 06/11/09 09:12 PM

humlan, I try every day to make someone smile, or make their day better. Always seemed to have that ability, and for that I thank God my creator. By making others happy it truely makes me happy.

I love my life because I am here and chatting with good friends.

Re: I love my life because... - 06/11/09 09:55 PM

Humlan, I love my life because one day I know that my travels will bring me to you.

Re: I love my life because... - 06/13/09 10:34 AM

Oh, Ann..you make me cry! With joy and humbleness. Thank you.

Re: I love my life because... - 06/14/09 02:52 AM

Sweet!

I love my life because I've been texting with my husband and daughter while they're in Hawaii.

I love my life because my youngest son came home the day they left and is hanging out with me. I feel blessed.