Affirmations

Posted by: 49erDonna

Affirmations - 08/24/06 05:31 AM

Isn't this a great affirmation...

Affirmations for forgiveness and letting go:

I let go of yesterday and forgive myself for every mistake I've made in the past.

I let go of any attempts to change others. I allow them to be responsible for themselves.

I release everything from my life that does not serve my highest good.

As I release, I am creating the space for new ideas and new blessings to come in.

My life is renewed through the process of release.
Posted by: Songbird

Re: Affirmations - 08/24/06 12:32 PM

Beautiful!
  • Forgiving ourselves is so important!
  • Leaving the past behind helps us live today!
  • Accepting people for who they are and holding them responsible for their own actions helps us & them grow and mature.
  • Releasing from our life whatever serves no good purpose brings healing to our soul and empowers us to move forward in a positive way!

Thanks for sharing this, Donna!
Posted by: 49erDonna

Re: Affirmations - 08/26/06 07:51 PM

Isn't it funny that as we grow older we realize how important these things are to us.

Forgiveness and acceptance of those close to us is a huge thing in many of our lives. I am finding that it seems easier these days to forgive others because I now understand more so than ever before that life is too short to hold grudges; that being unable to forgive those who have wronged us does nothing to make the situation/relationship better and just keeps us in more pain.

I like growing up

DOnna
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Affirmations - 08/27/06 03:50 PM

Hey Donna, I think it's growing in.
I've never held a grudge, mostly because my Mom's sister did and Mom always talked about how sad that was. Never hold a grudge, she'd say and I never have.
luv,
chick