from Lola

Posted by: Dotsie

from Lola - 08/30/08 08:17 PM

Lola has not been able to get in the forums due to some firewall. She asked that I post this for her:

A blind boy sat on the steps of a building with a hat by his feet. He held up a sign, which said: 'I am blind, please help.' There were only a few coins in the hat.

A man was walking by. He took a few coins from his pocket and dropped them into the hat. He then took the sign, turned it around, and wrote some words. He put the sign back so that everyone who walked by would see the new words.

Soon the hat began to fill up. A lot more people were giving money to the blind boy. That afternoon the man who had changed the sign came to see how things were. The boy recognized his footsteps and asked, "Were you the one who changed my sign this morning? What did you write?"

The man said, "I only wrote the truth. I said what you said but in a different way."

What he had written was: "Today is a beautiful day and I cannot see it."
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: from Lola - 08/30/08 08:30 PM

I use this story in some of my motivational speeches.
Posted by: gims

Re: from Lola - 08/30/08 08:59 PM

It's a good story. I see why you use it.
Posted by: Anno

Re: from Lola - 08/30/08 09:03 PM

It's beautiful.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: from Lola - 08/30/08 10:44 PM

I miss reading Lolas beautiful words. Drat that she isn't able to get in anymore. If it were me, I'd lose my mind and I mean that honestly...
Posted by: Poppie

Re: from Lola - 09/20/08 11:45 AM

No big suprise comming from Dear Lola...it's beautiful and lends to a simple message...just exactly what I needed to read..thaanks Dotsie for posting it and thanks Lola too for passing it on.

Love
Poppie
Posted by: humlan

Re: from Lola - 09/21/08 12:52 AM

It´s beautiful, Lola..thank you so much!!!!

And Anno..your signature is also beautiful..and very very thoughtworthy. I have read it over and over several times. Thank you,too.
Posted by: savvygrandmother

Re: from Lola - 09/23/08 08:05 PM

Thanks Lola - your story really touched me. Isn't it interesting how different something is when we look at it from a differnt perspective.
Posted by: Josie

Re: from Lola - 10/20/08 01:44 PM

Originally Posted By: savvygrandmother
Thanks Lola - your story really touched me. Isn't it interesting how different something is when we look at it from a differnt perspective.

Absolutely! Today I will look at God's beautiful autumn handiwork and rejoice that I am alive and able to see the splendor of it!
Posted by: Songbird08

Re: from Lola - 10/20/08 06:55 PM

Great story. Thanks for sharing it, Lola! (and Dotsie).

Do we appreciate enough God's gifts to us: the ability to smell, hear, taste, see and touch?
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: from Lola - 10/21/08 12:03 PM

Absolutely not. Rarely think of it. What a shame.
Posted by: Songbird08

Re: from Lola - 10/29/08 06:57 PM

"We only know what we had when we loose it", thy say.

Lord, help us be more appreciative of the wonderful gifts you've given us, and may we use them wisely, Amen.
Posted by: celtic_flame

Re: from Lola - 11/17/08 03:12 PM

ileft the care of l in a canadians mate care. I came back after my talk into house and delightfull smell that unusule for us greated me, fresh popcorn, not a big culture heer for it but how deliousious it smelled. Butifull music i more gratfull for the music than MY abilitie to hear it. The same with a countrie scean, its the scean we may praise but not the abilitie to see it. This a nice storie of lola's that puts a diffrent slant to thinges eh! i woul't have noticed the sutile shift otherwise.