Winter Wonderland

Posted by: GodsLittlePencil

Winter Wonderland - 12/28/07 03:01 AM

Today was one of the most beautiful winter days I have ever had the privelege of seeing. Last night, the air was filled with an eerie mist drifting in the winter breeze. The moisture built up on the trees in the form of frost. Following this was a little bit of snow which clung to the frost. This morning our world was a beautiful winter wonderland!

By the time I left my house today the temperature had warmed just enough that it was 'snowing' from the trees rather than the sky. I went back inside and picked up my camera and headed for the 'beauty' that God gave us.

What a peaceful calmness I felt as I was allowed to be in this winter scenery! It's not something easily described. Rather it must be experienced. I'm sure this is what God has in store for all of us.
Posted by: ladyjane

Re: Winter Wonderland - 12/28/07 12:16 PM

Joan, thanks for sharing. You're so right that it is, in fact, what God intends for us in this crazy world....to take time to breathe and behold His wonders! I had a similar experience already this morning. It was dusky when I went out to start up and brush the snow off hubby's car. We had a fresh snowfall that was heavy and the fir trees were full and slightly bent. In the back yard near the woods there is one lone tree (replanted just last August) and the Christmas lights were glowing through the snow. Beautiful! I do see the beauty....what a great goal for '08...for me to stop griping so much about cold and snow but to stop way more often and see the amazing photographic beauty. Thank you for such a sweet reminder this morning!
Posted by: Anno

Re: Winter Wonderland - 12/28/07 02:03 PM

If only we could find the celebration in each and every day - the beauty in every moment.

Thanks for the reminder.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Winter Wonderland - 12/28/07 09:49 PM

Thanks for sharing. I have days where I see it and days when I miss it.

I walked with a friend for an hour this morning - outside - and I missed seeing the beauty of creation. I didn't even think about it. We were so busy talking. What a shame.

Thanks to you, my eyes will be wide open tomorrow.

Re: Winter Wonderland - 01/02/08 07:41 AM

Well....I'm glad I helped a little, although that was not my intention.

I try to make sure I celebrate life every day. Four and 1/2 years ago, I was rushed to the hospital with a blood clot on the brain. That day was my birthday. The next day, Easter, I had my first brain surgery. Over the next month I had 2 more surgeries.

Obviously I survived. But I did more than that. I really learned to LIVE. God isn't finished with his little pencil yet.

I only had a blood clot.
I did not have a tumor.
I did not have cancer.
I did not have a stroke.
And here I am with no brain damage.

Over a month later, I was released from the hospital. The following year my birthday was on Saturday. I had a CELEBRATE LIFE party. I haven't stopped celebrating yet.

Every day, I start my day by thanking God for at least 10 things in my life. Some days they are big things. But other times I thank God for the air I breathe, my home, job, car and things most of us take for granted. Did you ever thank God for the ability to close your eyes?

Have a great 2008
Posted by: ladyjane

Re: Winter Wonderland - 01/02/08 12:36 PM

Joan, what a wonderful reminder for a New Year. Your frightening times feed your positive attitude...the way it should be. But I really needed the kick in the bottom this morning. I'm usually good about getting up in the morning and thanking God that I can do just that...get up, walk and breathe! Just needed the reminder this A.M. Thanks!
Posted by: Jane_Carroll

Re: Winter Wonderland - 01/03/08 12:53 AM

Joan,

What a beautiful scene...what a beautiful spirit!

Re: Winter Wonderland - 01/06/08 10:39 PM

Thanks. Keep me in your prayers and remind me to keep my spirit going.
Posted by: Songbird

Re: Winter Wonderland - 01/21/08 02:23 PM

Joan, thanks for describing the beautiful sight! God intends us to be appreciative of even the winter and it's magic. May God bless you and each BWS member abundantly.