Coaches

Posted by: Wisdom&Life

Coaches - 10/24/06 03:14 AM

Hi Ladies,

There are so many things that I want to do, but I don't have any clear picture of getting things together. It is said that if you do what you love, the rest will follow. Figure out what you wanted as a child. Pay attention what section you always feel drawn to when you are in a store.

I just see conflicting things when I do this. What I would love to do has alot to do with traveling. When I was a little girl in Rhodes, I would see the tourists and I said that I wanted to be a tourist when I grew up. I love travel and the excitement of exploring. I even get excited if it's a one day trip. I just can't think of anything to do about it as far as going that direction without going broke. I have been interested in the travel industries but do not know what to do.

My question would be. Would it benefit me to go to a coach? If so, any recommendations? I know we have several here at BWS.

Anyway, I am leaving tomorrow afternoon for N. VA. My dad has another round of chemotherapy on Wednesday. I am going to bring my laptop and hopefully I can be on the internet more often. If I am not going to be able access the net with my laptop, I will use my dad's computer, at least every other day.

I am looking forward to hearing yor answers.

I just started reading, "Defying Gravity" by Prill Broyle, and am enjoying it very much. I suppose that is what motivated me to ask all this.

I love you all alot!

Cheers and Hugs,
Cathi
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Coaches - 10/24/06 08:26 AM

Wishing your dad the very best and a fast and complete recovery....
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Coaches - 10/24/06 11:39 AM

Cathi, you are such a dedicated daughter. Enjoy your time with your parents. I'm praying your dad is soon in remission.

I think working with a coach is a great idea. I know there are several who are members of the NABBW. I would be very careful while choosing one. Most seem to offer a free introduction which allows you to decide whether you click with the coach. I think it's simmilar to working with a therapist or doctor. You must have faith in them and their abilities to help you pinpoint your passion.
Posted by: Evie

Re: Coaches - 10/24/06 02:04 PM

Hi Cathi

Dotsie is right - do some research, think about what areas you want coaching in, find a coach you feel you can click with.

You might be interested in this article on choosing a coach:

http://hffo.cuna.org/14953/article/733/html

Hope your dad is feeling better much soon.

~Eveline
Posted by: Anno

Re: Coaches - 10/25/06 07:16 PM

Hi Cathi

Coaching is a wonderful experience and I have personally grown so much through working with my own coaches. I highly recommend the process.

I suggest contacting a few coaches and talking with them about how they work and ask for a mini-coaching session around a small, yet hot topic for you. This way you get a sense of if the two of you are a good fit. The coach will be able to tell if you are a client that is a good fit also.

Good luck with your dad.

Ann
Posted by: Jane_Carroll

Re: Coaches - 10/27/06 08:41 PM

Cathi,

I have had great experiences working with coaches as well and enjoy the process so much that I became one!

Definitely have some free introductory sessions to see how you work with the person before you make a final decision. Good coaches will guide you in discovering your own answers rather than pushing you in their 'direction'.

Good luck. I know you'll find a great one!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Coaches - 10/28/06 12:32 PM

Quote:

Cathi,

Good coaches will guide you in discovering your own answers rather than pushing you in their 'direction'.

Excellent observation. I've thoght about wishy-washy people who end up doing what their coaches want them to do.

Good luck. I know you'll find a great one!

Posted by: Anno

Re: Coaches - 10/28/06 02:07 PM

Good coaches will guide you

Absolutely. Watch for a coach that has an agenda for you. Always look for a coach that encourages you to find the answer that is already inside. A good coach should only facilitate your thinking, organize your thoughts and allow you to think deeper and come up with those hidden answers.
Posted by: positiveliving

Re: Coaches - 11/11/06 08:43 AM

Why not try self coaching?

My book 'Let Your Spirit Into Your Life' is a self coaching book from a Spiritual perspective. It shows you how to be your own coach because you are the one with all the answers.

Just a thought!

Feel free to get in touch if you want any help!