Bare Minerals

Posted by: jawjaw

Bare Minerals - 06/16/06 05:35 PM

Have any of you used the Bare Minerals makeup? I'm thinking of trying it (ordering online) and I was wondering if you've used it, and if so, what you thought about it. Any inputs would be appreciated.

Here's the link where they are having a sale now, sort of... http://www.bareminerals.com/kits_bm4.html

JJ
Posted by: Val

Re: Bare Minerals - 06/16/06 06:10 PM

I use it. I like the Mineral Veil I think its called. I use that with the Kabuki brush in place of a heavier powder. It is very sheer and light. I also have the eye liner powder which I also use to fill in my brows a bit and I use the blush which I like. If you've never used this kind of powder you don't dip your brush directly in the "jar" you take it from the lid and tap off the excess. I buy mine from a TV home shopping channel. I couldn't get your link to open so I think its the same. Hope that helps:)

Re: Bare Minerals - 06/16/06 06:19 PM

Val,
Thanks for the input. I got a sample kit from them one time and loved it. But that was months and months ago. I especially loved the powder. I wish I had kept up with the specific names of each product they sent, but I didn't. The link was a separate "sales" page and I guess that's why it didn't work. If you go here:
http://www.bareescentuals.com/id/
and then click on the Introductory page, it will show what I'm thinking of getting. It's around 60.00 bucks. Do you mind telling me what you think about this? I've never bought anything from the TV Home Shopping network. Cheaper? I'm all for that if it is!

JJ

Re: Bare Minerals - 06/16/06 08:39 PM

It looks to be the same as I ordered. I ordered mine from QVC but I forget now what I paid for it. You could go to their site and compare? I have trouble with my skin being smooth. So if I have a dry patch or this or that the dry minerals makes it look worse. I am still working on a solution to this and haven't found the perfect one yet. I am thinking of trying a tinted mosturizer. Anyway something to keep in mind if you have very dry skin.

Re: Bare Minerals - 06/16/06 08:58 PM

I did notice they have an item you can spray on before you apply BM. BM? I don't think I want to use that acronym for something I put on my face...ewwww!

Thanks for your reply. I think I'll check out the other site and compare, as you suggested.

JJ
Posted by: Bluebird

Re: Bare Minerals - 06/16/06 09:26 PM

BM!!! You crack me up, JJ!!
Posted by: AvalonBlondi

Re: Bare Minerals - 06/16/06 11:08 PM

JJ really is funny... [Smile]

[ June 16, 2006, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: AvalonBlondi ]
Posted by: AvalonBlondi

Re: Bare Minerals - 06/16/06 11:12 PM

Neutrogena came out with a Mineral line too JJ...I love the bronzer and the eye shadow...and it's fairly inexpensive too....also you can buy it at the Drug store.

Re: Bare Minerals - 06/16/06 11:42 PM

How do you know what color to buy? That may sound like a dumb question, but with BM ( [Roll Eyes] ) to me the choices are not easy. Especially when you are a redhead. I'm so fair complexed you would have to fan the white sheets to find me. Same with Neutrogena? Help? I may try and check them out today at our friendly CVS drugstore. I like trying something new the inexpensive route first...Now ya talking. I went to QVC but it is still too pricey for this old gal...then again, I guess you get what you pay for.

I truly should have been born rich instead of so darn cute. Sigh....

JJ

Re: Bare Minerals - 06/17/06 03:31 AM

Oh thats right I forgot about the new Neutrogena line. Opps sorry. I am going to try them also next as it sounds very similar. Good thinking:)
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Bare Minerals - 06/17/06 03:40 AM

JJ as far as I can tell Bare Minerals has two shades. I love this stuff and have reordered several times now. I buy the fair as I am very blonde and that should be good for you as well...As far as getting what you pay for, that isn't always the case and I will check out the Neutrogenia (thanks Avalon) because if it works well, hey why spend an arm and a leg when a finger will do?
Posted by: JaMaPh

Re: Bare Minerals - 07/26/06 01:30 AM

you can make your own. I was at walmart today, and was about to buy loose powder when I looked at the ingredients and know I would rather NOT put that junk on my face and realized I CAN make my own. I sort did, added stuff to a store bought one but can't find it since I got back from the trade show.

cornstarch, titanium dioxide, mica, some color from ANY of your eyeshadows, mix well.

yeah yeah yeah, I hear you..'where do we get t. d. and mica?' from any of the online businesses. Or direct from the companies that make them. I don't know the smaller guys that have the ingredients, but if I remember or find them, I'll
let yawl know if you want the info?

Janine