Zicam...?

Posted by: jabber

Zicam...? - 01/08/12 05:16 PM

Have any of U tried "Zicam"? As far as I know, it's new on the market and is suppose to reduce the duration of a cold. It's a
homeopathic med. Just wondered if there are any recommendations out there????
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Zicam...? - 01/08/12 10:44 PM

It's been on the market for a long time, jabber. There were some claims a while back that the nasal spray and q-tip applicators caused severe nasal irritation to the point of being a big problem, and I think it was taken off the market for a while. I do know you have to start using it at the very first sign of a cold; if you wait too long it supposedly doesn't work quite as well. I think I've only used it once, and I did notice a difference. But it's like everything else: works for some and not others.

Re: Zicam...? - 01/09/12 12:11 AM

Hi yonuh,
I just discovered the stuff. Didn't start using it until the cold had a hold; but it did help within a couple days. Just wondered if anyone else has tried it. I'm using the dissolvable
tablets. I guess it's okay.

Re: Zicam...? - 01/09/12 02:35 PM

Glad it's helping, jabber! I didn't know they had tablets - it's been quite a while since I've needed it.
Posted by: Di

Re: Zicam...? - 01/09/12 02:50 PM

Have ya'll tried Echinacea? It STOPPED a cold dead. DH got a bad cold/congestion. I pumped myself with echinacea tea and Vit C..and i NEVER got it. Those tell-tale signs were there....sore throat etc. Nipped that baby in the budd!

Re: Zicam...? - 01/09/12 08:53 PM

I use sliced garlic cloves - same thing. I've never had luck with Echinacea or Vitamin C.

Re: Zicam...? - 01/09/12 09:41 PM

Oh yes.....garlic is excellent. WE give it to the chickens instead of chemicals.

Re: Zicam...? - 01/10/12 02:52 PM

Thing is I take excellent care of myself. I take Vit. C, Acai,
and Echinacea. I exercise, etc.,etc. Got it anyway. The honey works for zapping the sore throat in the budd. But I always end up with a darn sinus infection. And those things are miserable. To say the least! Never used garlic. Didn't know a chicken would eat garlic. I tell ya. The stuff a person learns on here, is outstanding [in the field]!!! LOL...
Posted by: lindasusan

Re: Zicam...? - 01/12/12 02:00 AM

Don't forget to take your Fish Oil. Read about all of the benefits of the Omegas; it's good stuff.

Re: Zicam...? - 01/12/12 02:16 AM

Interesting about Fish Oil. I'd been taking it for quite a while. Then after talking to a gal about her emergency room experiences with it...I quit taking. She had some BAD reactions to it. The doctor deduced that, since that was the ONLY thing she'd changed prior to her issues, they discovered the FO was bad for her.

I'd also been telling her, at the same time, that my body had been achy every day. Once I stopped taking the FO, my achy body stopped!

Re: Zicam...? - 01/12/12 02:43 PM

lindasusan and Di,
I do take Fish Oil daily, too. From what Di is saying, I would
assume not everyone can take it. My adoptive mom couldn't take
aspirin,while a majority of folks can. This virus seems to be hanging on but weather here this winter has been unusally warm. I suppose the germs hang in the air longer, since subzero temps aren't killing 'em off.

Re: Zicam...? - 01/12/12 02:49 PM

Interesting about the fish oil being a problem. I wonder if it was the brand or kind of fish oil? I don't take it but do eat salmon and/or sardines a couple of times a week for the omega-3 content. Some fish oils contain omega-6, which isn't good; it's the omega-3s that are essential.