The Perfect Cup of Tea

Posted by: jawjaw

The Perfect Cup of Tea - 04/30/10 03:23 PM

If you are a tea drinker like I am, you might find this video helpful, although she does tend to go on and on about it.

Brewing the Perfect Cup of Tea

I did learn the difference between ways to brew green tea and black tea (my fav)...
Posted by: Anno

Re: The Perfect Cup of Tea - 05/01/10 01:27 PM

In China, I learned how to brew perfect Jasmine tea. Oh, and it is so very wonderful! We bought our own little tea set just for the pleasure of enjoying the tradition.
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: The Perfect Cup of Tea - 05/01/10 07:17 PM

I love the whole ritual of making tea, from emptying the old water and refilling with cold (aerated) water to the first sip. I find the ritual itself soothing, pleasing and, this might sound odd, but somehow empowering too. Like a quiet oasis. When I'm really stressed out and mentally hectic, making tea is such a relaxing activity. And I really savor the moment when I finally get to take that fresh hot cup of tea and sit in my chair beside the window, look out at the big tree and the birds at the feeder and feel fresh perspective and gratitude welling up inside of me as the hot tea warms my heart and soul. Ymmm.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: The Perfect Cup of Tea - 05/01/10 08:39 PM

WOW! Sharon what a perfect description what it's like to drink the perfect cup of tea. I suppose there is an art to just about everything. I love Bigelow brand tea and especially the Chai Vanilla tea.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: The Perfect Cup of Tea - 05/03/10 12:02 PM

I agree in that there is an art to everything. Sharon has mastered the art of conversation. Don't you just love to read her post? I follow her around the board like a groupie.

My favorite is Black Spice Chai Tea.
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: The Perfect Cup of Tea - 05/03/10 12:09 PM

JJ, you do my heart good...thank you dear friend! Whatever I have become could never have been without your love and friendship and the empowerment I've found here within these hallowed cyberwalls. Your gift of laughter which wraps a kind, merciful, compassionate heart has lifted me out of more dark places than you'll ever know. It's because of you and the other women here that I'm able to find and cherish the simple joy and well of gratitude within each sip of my hot tea and each glimpse of my tree.

My favourite is Lady Grey.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: The Perfect Cup of Tea - 05/03/10 01:19 PM

I'm not a big fan of tea, but am a huge fan of reading Eagle's posts. She's an incredible wordsmith who pours her emotion on the screen so much that it reaches out and touches my heart and soul. I love how she strings the perfect words together giving the reader a heart felt description of whatever she's writing about. That's it - it all comes from the heart. Beautiful.