Ebay selling

Posted by: Di

Ebay selling - 06/29/09 01:22 AM

Does anyone know what things are actually selling on Ebay??
Posted by: Edelweiss3

Re: Ebay selling - 06/29/09 06:56 AM

Second hand children's clothes and toys.

We just sold a used carpet and a ceilieng lamp.

I think used stuff sells better than new. People are looking for bargains on Ebay. I will buy over ebay if I can't find the item in any stores here. I just bought a white lounge chair for our terrace. I went to about 6 different garden stores, no luck; but found it on Ebay. You can get good deals, but you can get ripped off. I would never buy jewlery or watches there.

You might have luck with your soaps, Di. But they should be a bargain price,...and the price should include shipping. Good luck!
Posted by: Di

Re: Ebay selling - 06/29/09 12:22 PM

A lounge chair? Wow...did you get it locally (concerned about shipping costs)

Well, no used kids clothes or toys here, but I'll look around. I have some vintage fabric and lace......wonder if that would go.

We don't sell our products on Ebay but I do want to try something. Let me look in my "U-Haul" LOL..
Posted by: Edelweiss3

Re: Ebay selling - 06/29/09 06:52 PM

The chair was shipped within Germany. And the price included shipping costs. It was a great deal.

We still have so much stuff from my mother's apartment. I sold about half of it over Ebay. The other half, we will probably give to someone who wants to earn money at a flee market.

Many of the items are really valuable: beautiful fine china coffee and tea sets. Rosenthal plates, antique oil paintings, cartons of beautiful Christmas decorations, valuable art books, ivory framed miniature paintings, original etchings, watches, jewellery....!

I have been to one antique store after another. I even drove to Munich to the biggest auctioneer there. Nobody wants any of these things. Apparently they are being bombarded from boomers, trying to sell their parents’ possessions. So I’m just one of thousands. They are all complaining that business is so slow; they can’t afford to buy any new items. It’s heart breaking. I just hope whoever purchases these things, will asses the value, and not consider it junk.