R green bags any good...?

Posted by: jabber

R green bags any good...? - 04/18/08 01:22 PM

Have any of you gals tried those [Debbie Meyer Green Bags]?
Their ad claims they keep fruits & vegetables fresh up to 30 days! Supposedly they're great 4 bananas, berries, broccoli, cucumbers, grapefruit, lettuce, oranges, peas, tomatoes, etc. The biggest problem I have is keeping bananas, lettuce and tomatoes from turning rotten before I can use them. The claim is also that they reduce vitamin loss up to 50%. Anybody know if they work? Thank you in advance 4 whatever info is contributed.
jabber
Posted by: jabber

Here's a hint...4 U, - 04/18/08 03:11 PM

I can testify that "Resolve" multi-fabric cleaner actually
works to remove stains from mattresses!!! A while ago we bought an expensive mattress. Ordinary body fluids [simply from sleeping, drooling or whatever] left stains, even though I had it covered. {My husband sleeps like he's wresting a grizzly bear.} RESOLVE totally removed every stain!!!! At the cost of mattresses these days, I believe this is worth knowing! What say U???
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Here's a hint...4 U, - 04/18/08 08:47 PM

Absolutely Jabber... Another exceptional cleaner is Oxi-Clean, it does the job on just about any stain known to woman. I use it for everything especially my lace kitchen curtains which bleach would destroy...
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Here's a hint...4 U, - 04/19/08 12:32 AM

Another great option for stains is Bac-Out. It's an enzyme cleaner. I tried it for getting stains out of the carpet at Mom's after she died. I had to use 3 times, but the carpet came out looking brand new. Also, it's great for any animal stains and odors (we have 2 very elderly cats who sometimes miss the litterbox - this stuff clears the odor right out!) and has a lime scent. And it's non-toxic since it's an enzyme.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Here's a hint...4 U, - 04/19/08 08:08 PM

I've never used the green bags, but would love to know. Anyone used them?

Re: Here's a hint...4 U, - 04/19/08 09:33 PM

If you mean the green bags you put your vegetables and fruits in to keep them fresh, then YES, I use them all the time and they are fantastic. My bananas use to turn brown and yukky in less than a week, with them in the green bags, they last well past a week. It saves me lots of money. My tomatoes seem to last forever, still red and juicy in the green bags. Celery, onions, any vege or fruit seem to last a week longer than normal in these bags...Great invention!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Here's a hint...4 U, - 04/21/08 08:20 PM

Do you keep the fruits and veggies in the fridge, in the bags?

Re: Here's a hint...4 U, - 04/21/08 08:54 PM

I do all but the bananas, they sit on my counter.