Clever Clasps...

Posted by: jabber

Clever Clasps... - 12/27/07 02:47 PM

Dear Boomer Sisters,
If any of you received Clever Clasps for Christmas be sure to read the instructions. For clasps to function properly, the safety lock needs to be released. Didn't want anyone losing their keepsake jewelry.
Prayers and blessings...

One of those.... - 12/28/07 01:54 PM

I posted this because I'm one of those people that never read instructions. When God handed out patience, I must've skipped that line. If all else fails, then I'll read the
how-to. Thought perhaps others' ran short in this area, as well? LOL...
Posted by: Anno

Re: One of those.... - 12/28/07 02:00 PM

Thanks BR, just never heard of clever clasps. What are they?
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: One of those.... - 12/28/07 09:14 PM

Is there a Web site?

Never assume...? - 12/29/07 03:02 PM

Sorry gals; there I go again. I assumed everybody had heard about them. They're for ladies that have trouble hooking
those tiny latches on some pieces of jewelry.
Here is the site: https://www.cleverclasp.com/ver5/index.asp
I own a pearl necklace and bracelet with such tiny clasps,
it took me a half hour to hook them. Then sometimes I needed my husband's help. These clasps are cool and make
the process of wearing certain accessories, much easier to handle.
Posted by: Danita

Re: Never assume...? - 12/30/07 02:49 PM

I got some for Christmas because as a single gal - I've had to ask total strangers on the street to help me put on a necklace. LOL

I haven't read the instructions - do I REALLY have to?

Danita

Re: Never assume...? - 12/30/07 04:48 PM

Danita,
If you don't release the safety lock, the magnets don't hold and you could lose a piece of jewelry!
That's the only reason I brought up the subject. I didn't want folks' losing their pearls or diamonds, and such.

Re: Never assume...? - 01/01/08 03:38 PM

Apparently the better stores sell manufactured jewelry that include magnetic clasps. A friend said she
bought a pearl necklace with magnet attachments at Lord & Taylor's. That's cool!
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Never assume...? - 01/03/08 05:53 AM

Magnetic clasps can be put on anything. I use them occasionally, but don't get that many requests. Mine don't have safety locks, just the magnet.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Never assume...? - 01/03/08 09:49 AM

Finally saw these clever clasps on TV. What a great idea,I have to get me some of those.
Posted by: ladyjane

Re: Never assume...? - 01/03/08 11:00 AM

I always wondered about these when I'd see the ad. My fear is having them come apart when I would wear something precious. Can anyone testify to their strength? Bonnierose, Danita, Meredith??

Re: Never assume...? - 01/03/08 01:21 PM

I just got some of these for Christmas. The first time I wore them without reading the instructions. And they kept coming undone. That's what prompted this thread. Then I read what I should've read to begin with, and discovered the safety lock needed to be released. I wore them after releasing the safety lock and they held okay. Ladyjane,
perhaps you should give them a test run before wearing anything of great value? I don't know. But some of my jewelry have such little clasps, it takes a half hour to put them on. That's why I went this route. It's quick and easy.
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Never assume...? - 01/03/08 11:18 PM

LadyJane, I'm not familiar with this specific product, but what I know of magnetic clasps in general -- some are stronger than others, and sometimes they lose a little of the magnetic properties over time. The ones Bonnierose bought look good, but it's hard for me to judge from here (need to have them in my hands.) Basically -- the smaller the magnetic surface, the weaker the clasp is. So don't buy any tiny clasps unless it's for very lightweight jewelry.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Never assume...? - 01/05/08 10:06 AM

Saw it on TV the other night, scared me. I would hate to have it come undone and be missing a good necklace.