it's a blog, it's a book, its a blook!

Posted by: Noreen Braman

it's a blog, it's a book, its a blook! - 01/18/06 04:13 AM

After spending the last year whining and complaining about turning 50, and exploring that issue in my blog, I found out, thanks to the Blooker Prize (www.blookerprize.com) that there is actually a new category of publication - books from blogs - "Blooks."

So armed with my new 50 year old self confidence and shameless self promotion, I've published my blook, "I'm 50, Now What?" which can be found at www.lulu.com/NoreenBraman - there is a free excerpt available there.

If it wasn't for the support and empowerment I've felt from women such as yourselves, I'd still be waiting for that Shining Publisher Knight to arrive on his white horse to sweep my writing off its feet. Instead, I've become my own knight!

So, this is my shameless self promotion - your turn to promote yourself!

Noreen Braman
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: it's a blog, it's a book, its a blook! - 01/18/06 01:18 PM

Welcome Noreen and congratulation on your blook! I'm glad you found your own white horse, instead of hangin' and waitin' for the knight.

I promote myself all the time, so I'll refrain from patting my back for now... maybe in a few more days [Roll Eyes]

[ January 18, 2006, 05:20 AM: Message edited by: meredithbead ]
Posted by: TVC15

Re: it's a blog, it's a book, its a blook! - 01/18/06 06:26 PM

Congratulations Noreen and thanks for filling us in on what a blook is. I'd never heard of that before!
Best wishes on the sale of your blook!
Posted by: DonnaJ

Re: it's a blog, it's a book, its a blook! - 01/19/06 08:03 AM

Congratulations on the blook!

Re: it's a blog, it's a book, its a blook! - 01/19/06 07:51 AM

thank you! My new year's resolution was to cut down on making OTHER people look good and spend some of that energy promoting myself! it sounds so decadently selfish... I'm loving it.

Re: it's a blog, it's a book, its a blook! - 02/11/06 06:47 AM

if I cam be permitted some more shameless self promotion, here is the latest on my "blook":

Here the radio interview (right hand column):

http://www.byforandaboutwomen.com/

read a review (left hand column, scroll down):

http://tcm-ca.com/
Posted by: TVC15

Re: it's a blog, it's a book, its a blook! - 02/11/06 11:41 PM

Great review Noreen!

Re: it's a blog, it's a book, its a blook! - 02/11/06 11:53 PM

[Big Grin] Thanks!
Posted by: Sandpiper

Re: it's a blog, it's a book, its a blook! - 02/13/06 03:28 AM

Read the preview Noreen. Fabulous! Am going to buy the book. Can't wait to read all of it.

Best wishes in all your endeavors.

Sandpiper

Re: it's a blog, it's a book, its a blook! - 02/13/06 04:28 AM

thank you so much for the support!!