I have a new site!

Posted by: TVC15

I have a new site! - 05/04/05 09:38 PM

I'm so excited! I have my own site at Garden and Hearth. It's called Fresh Cooking from your Garden and contains articles on how to grow vegetables and also has recipes for cooking them!
It isn't your ordinary really-serious gardening site.
Please check it out and let me know what you think. I even have my own discussion board there where you can ask questions, post your favorite recipes and tips or just leave me a comment!
If you like what you see and know any gardeners, please send them as well.
Thanks for letting me BRAG!
Posted by: unique

Re: I have a new site! - 05/05/05 12:41 AM

Robin,
I Loved the Cow & Tomatoes!! (Thanks for not including the recipe) Way to go!
Posted by: Pam Kimmell

Re: I have a new site! - 05/05/05 01:26 AM

Congrats Robin! That's great news....you included info on two of the veggies my husband and I have planted this year; tomatoes and beans. Thanks!!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: I have a new site! - 05/05/05 03:06 AM

Looks great. I think I need to try your green bean and onion salad. Sounds lucious. Please keep us posted as you add recipes.

Re: I have a new site! - 05/05/05 03:34 AM

Thank you for looking ladies. I'll let you know when I add to the site! [Wink]
Posted by: Maggie

Re: I have a new site! - 05/05/05 08:00 AM

TVC15
Your site looks great. I am sending my husband since he is the gardener in the family. He grows the garden. I eat it. I will come back for recipes.
Thanks,
Maggie

Re: I have a new site! - 05/06/05 07:19 AM

Maggie, you're funny...He grows it, you eat it. Sounds like a good deal to me.
Posted by: Prill

Re: I have a new site! - 05/05/05 08:17 PM

Great site, Robin! Congrats. I loved your cow manure article. And, yes, I can see why you didn't attach a recipe to it. [Smile]
Posted by: Maggie

Re: I have a new site! - 05/05/05 09:12 PM

Thanks Dotsie,
He grew so much broccoli and lettuce last year we gave it away and still had some left. I think he is learning and so am I. It does taste good and whatever he grows he researches.
Living in Cow County I loved the cow manure story too. Tillamook Cheese county.
Dotsie its a wonderful deal. I deadhead the flowers and pick the garden because he will leave it way to long but he does grow it.
Maggie
Posted by: Danita

Re: I have a new site! - 05/05/05 09:22 PM

Hi Maggie,

I was so excited to check out your website! We are going to plant a garden this year -- woo hoo!

Do you have any tips that aren't on your website re: starting a garden? Like, things you wish you had known in the begining!

Can't wait to get started!
Danita

Re: I have a new site! - 05/05/05 10:25 PM

Thank you for all of the good feedback ladies, I appreciate hearing from you.
Danita, the most important thing is to make sure you have good soil. The cow manure works great or else you can get some compost. Check at your local gardening center for their tips on this as I don't know what type of soil you have in Colorado. I did most of my gardening in NY on Long Island where we had alot of sand in the soil. Now I'm in NC and we have the opposite, CLAY!

Re: I have a new site! - 05/27/05 05:27 PM

If anyone is interested, I have a couple new articles up at my site. There is a recipe for a Patriotic Veggie Platter and an article on how to build a secret garden in your vegetable garden, designed with children in mind.
Thanks for taking a look!

PS: You will find additional recipes at the discussion board there.

[ May 27, 2005, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: TVC15 ]
Posted by: Cagedbird

Re: I have a new site! - 05/27/05 05:46 PM

I will definitely check it out, especially the secret garden. I am glad someone I know has a "green" thumb. Please check out my new website as well & sign my guestbook. More poetry will be added soon, as requested & demanded, lol!!! It is so much fun reading everyone's comments!
My webmaster will be adding MORE color.
Everyone have a SAFE weekend and I will report back sometime in June when I get back from my writer's conference. Thanks Dian for that lovely comment you left in my guestbook. It has 2 be one of my favorites!!! Take care.

Re: I have a new site! - 05/28/05 07:32 AM

caged, what writer's conference? You sure get around. I love it.

Your choice poem is perfect. I'm forever preaching choices to my children.

I looked for your interview, but couldn't find it. Help...

Re: I have a new site! - 05/27/05 08:05 PM

I'll be sure to check out your site cagedbird and thank you for taking a look at mine!
Posted by: chickadee

Re: I have a new site! - 05/27/05 10:43 PM

Robin, thanks for your Grow great Tomatos info. I couldn't grow tomatos in Canada. Last year I had some success here in Oklahoma. I'm still green but my thumbs are not. This year I am using your info as a guide.I eat tomatos almost every day. Good tasting and good for you. Keep the recipes and gardening on your site. They go hand in hand.

Caged, have a good time at the conference.

chick

Re: I have a new site! - 05/28/05 01:35 AM

Thank you for the feedback, Chick!
I appreciate it.
Posted by: Cagedbird

Re: I have a new site! - 05/28/05 10:42 PM

Thanks, Chickadee! I am looking 4ward 2 it. Have a safe weekend. Nancy, I put you in my dedications over at my new website. My webmaster finally got my poems up, OH MY!
Thanks again Robin 4 signing my book!