Romantic novelette in time for Valentine's Day

Posted by: DonnaJ

Romantic novelette in time for Valentine's Day - 02/08/12 03:57 AM

Hi, everyone! My romantic 'novelette' is on Amazon as a Kindle book. I had a ball writing it. Hope you enjoy it.

Here's a link: Love Under the Bubble Wrap - a Novelette

Donna
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Romantic novelette in time for Valentine's Day - 02/08/12 04:37 AM

Great to see you here, DonnaJ! Thanks for the link to your new book! And happy Valentine's Day/Week!

Re: Romantic novelette in time for Valentine's Day - 02/08/12 06:02 AM

I had been using Google Chrome and some of my shortcuts hadn't moved over. I can't believe how long it has been.

Happy Valentine's Day to you and all the Boomers!

Re: Romantic novelette in time for Valentine's Day - 03/14/12 03:06 PM

I wanted to touch base with everyone. Although the cover of the short story looks like 'chick lit,' it's actually 'hen-lit.' lol! It's chick lit grown up!

I changed the description through my author page on Amazon to this:

Quote:
Love Under the Bubble Wrap - a Novelette begins with the arrival of a mysterious gift (hence, the bubble wrap), and comes complete with humor, romance, and even a little mystery to solve. According to the popular blog Chick Lit Books, hen lit books "feature women who are a little (and sometimes a lot) older than the average chick lit heroine. The age range is anywhere from late 30's to mid 60's. Generally, you will find the main characters dealing with normal situations, such as jobs, love the second time around, family situations, and more." In Donna's story, the female leading lady isn't your typical twenty-something drop-dead gorgeous reedy willow. No, this is a story about a marriage in trouble and real life issues to which many readers will relate. Ms. Shepherd's romantic escape resonates with comedy, love, and just enough mystery to keep the pages turning. The perfect length to read on your lunch break - or anytime!

I thought perhaps it seemed like it was fluff or something. smile
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Romantic novelette in time for Valentine's Day - 03/14/12 05:56 PM

Sounds like a great read, DonnaJ!

Congratulations on writing it, and I love your new synopsis. Can't wait to read it!

Anne
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Romantic novelette in time for Valentine's Day - 03/14/12 07:41 PM

It has four 5-star reviews on Amazon. I'll have to download it for my Kindle when I get home - looks intriguing.

Re: Romantic novelette in time for Valentine's Day - 03/26/12 10:14 PM

Thank you! I hope you enjoyed it. I've had a lot of feedback, and several people did go leave reviews, for which I'm very grateful.