First Book Signing!

Posted by: Louisa

First Book Signing! - 04/25/11 10:25 AM

I am having my first book signing the first weekend in June at Borders. There is a store one town over from me that is not closing. We're going to have a "lemonade stand" theme to promote the book and have some fun. We'll have lemonade and penny candy.
Posted by: yonuh

Re: First Book Signing! - 04/25/11 02:49 PM

Congratulations, Louisa! How exciting!!
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: First Book Signing! - 04/25/11 07:49 PM

Fantastic, Louisa! Thanks for sharing! I know it will be loads of fun.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: First Book Signing! - 04/26/11 01:10 AM

Louisa, YOU GO GIRL!!! Sounds like some really innovative promotion ideas, should be a blast.

Re: First Book Signing! - 04/26/11 10:25 AM

Thank you! The manager suggested the lemonade stand because I push the "look back at the days of lemonade stands and pajama parties." (and no, I won't be going in my pj's. smile She said I could bring food and drink, so the lemonade stand just fit. It will probably cost me more in lemonade and candy than I'll make. LOL But, the exposure will be great. The location is a good one. It's a busy store, especially on a Saturday. I have newspapers that will put it on their community calendars for me. We'll take pictures.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: First Book Signing! - 05/10/11 11:59 PM

Keep the lemonade away from your stack of books, you never know!
Posted by: jabber

Re: First Book Signing! - 05/20/11 06:16 PM

Congratulations Louisa. Good luck at the book signing. Have fun!
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: First Book Signing! - 05/20/11 09:51 PM

Really sounds like fun, Louisa. And speaking of the pajama parties, Hoda and Kathie Lee had a pajama party on their show yesterday. All the guests participated, appearing in PJs. It was a fun visual.

I have known museums to host "night at the museum' parties for kids, where everyone brought pjs, sleeping bags and spent the night.

I love fun promotions like this!
Posted by: jabber

Re: First Book Signing! - 05/22/11 12:53 PM

A friend recommended night at the museum. And I loved the movie.

Re: First Book Signing! - 06/17/11 11:56 PM

The book signing went extremely well. I got a lot of publicity in local papers, but I owe a lot of thanks to family and friends who showed up and made it special. Katie had a good time too. She loved the book store (and the candy).

A little over a week later, we heard that Borders was closing 51 more stores and that store was on the list. The people around here were stunned and upset. However, it turned around last week. It all had to do with a buyer and a lease and a deal that fell through. The lease came through, at least on this store, and they will remain open. Whew!