Writing Group Site

Posted by: Louisa

Writing Group Site - 07/02/10 06:59 PM

Many of you may remember that I started my own writing group 2 years ago. We have just celebrated our 2nd anniversary as a writing group. I started a website/blog that is a work in progress, but coming along nicely. If you would like to check it out, it's www.northshorescribes.wordpress.com
Posted by: Anno

Re: Writing Group Site - 07/02/10 08:19 PM

Looks great, Louisa.

Re: Writing Group Site - 07/02/10 09:22 PM

Thanks, Anno. The ladies in the group are very excited about having a website.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Writing Group Site - 07/02/10 09:36 PM

Lena, I visited the site and read all about the women. It makes it so personal and I love that. You have a very good group to mastermind with on your work. You've done a great job!

Re: Writing Group Site - 07/02/10 11:38 PM

Thanks, JJ. They will love that people, especially other writers, are looking at the site.
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Writing Group Site - 07/03/10 09:02 PM

Well done blog! I'm so glad to hear your group is thriving smile

Re: Writing Group Site - 07/03/10 09:22 PM

Thanks. It is a very cohesive group of women. We keep each other going. I wish we could meet more than once a month, but we're all too busy. This seems to be just right though. It has worked out well.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Writing Group Site - 07/04/10 12:56 PM

If I were in one, I would want to stick to the once a month. I have several friends who are in groups and they meet once a week. Sometimes I can tell they are not wanting to go and even skip a week because the interest and motivation simply isn't there for them.

Sounds like you've capture the right mix to me.

Re: Writing Group Site - 07/05/10 12:22 PM

I used to be in one once a week and I miss it. But, it was more of a class than a group. It was at night and someone was always missing and I had to skip it on many nights because something else came up that I had to do. I usually looked forward to it though. I started my group on a Saturday morning and because because we all have busy schedules and things to do on weekends, I thought I'd try once a month. We usually have 5-8 members show up and we all look forward to it.
Posted by: jabber

Re: Writing Group Site - 07/30/10 11:22 PM

Nice blog Louisa. Enjoyed reading about members in the
North Shore Scribes!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Writing Group Site - 08/04/10 11:13 PM

I agree, it was an easy and interesting read. You go girl!

Re: Writing Group Site - 02/05/11 04:46 PM

My writing group is still doing great. We still meet once a month in an informal setting for 2 hours. It's wonderful to have these women to share ideas with and to share our work and get advice and critiques. I'm so proud of these women and lucky to have them as friends.