Erma

Posted by: AmyDoodle

Erma - 03/15/10 01:29 AM

Too excited to keep it to myself. After seven years of writing, rewriting, throwing out ideas and looking for more, I was awarded Honorable Mention in this year's Erma Bombeck Writing Competition. There have been so many of you that have encouraged me--reading my blog and leaving comments, sending thoughtful messages, etc.--that I had to run here and say THANK YOU!

If my technical know-how holds out (never a safe bet), I'm including a link. Thanks again and best blessings to you all!

Erma Bombeck Writing Competition
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Erma - 03/15/10 02:20 AM

CONGRATULATIONS AMY!! I love your blog, you have a distinct way of saying things, I guess the powers that be saw that too, thus your much deserved award... HUGS!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Erma - 03/15/10 11:45 AM

Oh I'm so jealous (in a good way). YOU DO ROCK, Amy...absolutely! And your blog is just downright F-U-N. Now stop that!

Re: Erma - 03/15/10 02:26 PM

Thanks, ladies! You two are pretty good at handing out smiles yourselves! (And I can't even LOOK at an Oreo without thinking of JawJaw.)
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Erma - 03/15/10 03:02 PM

I just read it from another post, and encouraged others to do the same. Fun article. It's about the bra whisperer. Clever and fun.

Re: Erma - 03/19/10 01:32 AM

Thanks, Dotsie. So glad you enjoyed it!

Re: Erma - 03/19/10 04:22 PM

Amzzz...see my comment on other section. I loved it! It should have won, in my book (no pun intended)
Posted by: Anno

Re: Erma - 03/20/10 01:48 PM

Way to go, Amy! Congratulations.

Re: Erma - 03/23/10 12:29 AM

I'm loving the pats on the back. But the best thing is knowing you've made someone laugh!

Re: Erma - 03/23/10 02:16 PM

You're a natural at it. STOP IT. You're giving the rest of us starving artist a bad name. Remember...I've been in your purse and I know where you live.

Re: Erma - 03/27/10 04:21 PM

*grin*

JawJaw, Did you hear your echo when you were in my purse? There's nothing in there but old candy bar wrappers and some Oreo crumbs.

Re: Erma - 03/28/10 12:08 PM

dental floss, a 2-dollar bill, 5 pens obviously "borrowed" from the local bank, 2 sets of reading glasses, rope, duct tape, one Rod Stewart CD featuring "Do You Think I'm Sexy," a pocket-size book on "Winning the Lottery thru Chain Gang Numbers," and Germ-X.
Posted by: Lola

Re: Erma - 03/29/10 04:55 AM

Rope?

Re: Erma - 03/29/10 12:29 PM

Rope AND duct tape...I dunno...it's her purse. Oh Ammmmmeeeeeee...whazuup with the rope and duct tape, gal?