Book being published.

Posted by: chatty lady

Book being published. - 02/01/10 11:54 PM

The book I ghost wrote awhile back, Trails and Tales of a Pioneer, is being published. I am so happy for the woman whose life the book showcases. She doesn't mind my saying I wrote it or I couldn't tell you ladies but this is one novel I've written I CAN talk about. Yahoo!!! When out, I hope you will read it...

I also sent querys out for another book which will be a three novel series. No news yet on that one, just sent them out...
Posted by: Di

Re: Book being published. - 02/02/10 02:08 AM

Chatty...just curious. What is "ghost writing"? I just LOVE woman pioneer books! Looking fwd to reading this. will it be an e-book or hardbound??
Posted by: DonnaJ

Re: Book being published. - 02/02/10 02:49 AM

Congratulations! I hope the 3-book deal works out for you, too. It's nice when you can promote freely a book you've ghostwritten.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Book being published. - 02/02/10 08:19 PM

chatty, tell us more!
Posted by: Edelweiss3

Re: Book being published. - 02/02/10 08:24 PM

Wow Chatty! congratulations! I hope the author included your name for recognition.

Re: Book being published. - 02/03/10 12:32 AM

When ghost writing any novel, you get NO recognition except in knowing you wrote the book. You sign a cofidentially contract that does not allow you recognition or bragging rights...Ho humm!!! The person hiring you to write the book is listed on it as the author. You would be shocked if I could name just some of the other books I am responsible for. For those novels I was well paid and thats all...

But in this case the named author doesn't mind my saying I wrote her story for her. Trails and Tales of a Pioneer. This is about a woman now 94 years old, that was the first white woman ever to set foot in the Alaskan wilderness. It includes her adventures then, and up to today. She will be 95 in July 2010. So if you like this type book, it is only five chapters, and are interested in my style, when the book comes out please read it. Her life already lived, most of us couldn't even imagine.

Now for the three book series; I was the co-writer on all, but they haven't been accepted yet by a publisher. These three books are about another womans life story but she was/is unable to articulate, so I rewrote from her ramblings and completed her manuscripts, and my name will appear as co-writer when published. This series is called: Tory's Secret and will be published one book at a time. It contains English, disgustingly wealthy Aristocrats, greed, incest, insanity, alcoholism, murder, and a host of other indescretions. All seen through the eyes of an innocent child. I believe this was some of my best work and this womans life story is something no fiction writer could ever invent. The best part is she is alive and well, living in California, and we are best friends... She has a screen writer friend waiting for the book to write the screen play for. I just found that out myself...

Di, a ghostwriter is someone who takes a persons story and sets it to paper. Usually the person whose story it is is unable to write well enough or at all, so they hire someone like me who writes their book for them. Like the woman who wrote Hillary Clintons book. You must spend alot of time with this person either by phone or in person or both, and read whatever they have such as journals, diaries etc., until you can build what you need to then write and rewrite until the employer is happy with what you've written...

Re: Book being published. - 02/03/10 02:41 AM

To answer the PM I just received, no! I do not accept every person who wants a ghostwriter as it takes so long to write a book. Those of you who have, know what I mean. I can only do one ghostwriting job a year, and do justice to the person I am writing it for, plus I am busy editing manuscripts from other writers who can write and just need someone to oversee what they have done and correct whatever is necessary. Luckily being a writer myself, it's not a hard job most of the time, and I LOVE what I do...
Posted by: Di

Re: Book being published. - 02/03/10 03:06 AM

Very cool, Chatty! I think we all can say "I could write a book"...but then my thoughts are "I'm not a good writer". NOW I know there's such a thing as a ghost writer. I never knew...thanks for the great explanation!

I'm so looking forward to this book.....
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Book being published. - 02/03/10 04:44 AM

Chatty, this is exciting that the story of the woman in Alaska is finally in print! Yeah! I'm so thrilled for you, girl!

When can we buy one?
Posted by: AvalonBlondi

Re: Book being published. - 02/03/10 07:38 AM

Congrats Chatty!!! Can't wait to get a copy and read it!!!

Re: Book being published. - 02/03/10 05:42 PM

Thanks everyone. I am thrilled JJ because Ruth the 94 year old woman who actually lived the stories in this book is a real pistol. Just imagine she will be 95 in July, gets up everyday, gets fully dressed, makeup and jewelry, and then she and her companion/secretary go out to breakfast and take a nice ride. I am lucky to get out of bed let alone do the things she still does. She has gotten more frail in the past year but still keeps her routine. So many people are waiting for this book to be released just because they know her and that her life has been amazing.
I was worried I may not have done her life justice but when reading her the finished product, she laughed out loud in places and cried at a couple places. All in all, she was pleased... Whew, big relief!!!

Re: Book being published. - 02/03/10 05:52 PM

JJ it's not in print yet, the publisher has it and is waiting for Ruth to sign legal stuff before she can send it to be printed. I'm not sure exactly how long all that takes once the contract is signed and sent back... I will definitely let everyone here know when it's in print and ready to go...
Posted by: Lola

Re: Book being published. - 02/03/10 06:16 PM

Well done, Chat! Let us know when the book is out.
Posted by: Erica Miner

Re: Book being published. - 02/05/10 09:50 PM

I agree, chatty. I just signed on for a project that is going to really tax my brain ;-) The guy wanted me to do it in five months; I pushed him to six. I wish I could take a year, but if I really push myself I will get it done. Wish me luck! smile
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Book being published. - 02/23/10 04:18 AM

Chatty, this is so exciting!

Re: Book being published. - 02/24/10 12:40 AM

Chatty...we're waiting with baited breath...no wait, that's onions.

Erica, that is so exciting! Congrats, hun!
Posted by: Princess Lenora

Re: Book being published. - 02/24/10 01:28 AM

Chatty, congratulations! I am so excited for you! I hired an editor who had been a ghost writer for Gloria Steinam. He was not allowed to say which book, but he was allowed to put it on his resume. I would not at all be surprised at what all you have done. Of course, if I had known you at the time, I would have come to you!

Re: Book being published. - 02/24/10 06:56 PM

Thanks, JJ. Things are accelerating. My suspense novel Murder In The Pit comes out in June. The pub sent me the finalized cover art, and it's gorgeous. Soon as I can figure out how to post it here, I will!
:-)

Re: Book being published. - 02/24/10 07:47 PM

I can say without hesitation that ERICA is an incredible writer. Travels with My Lovers was delicious! I know the book will meet with outstanding results. Go Ms E!

Re: Book being published. - 02/24/10 10:37 PM

Of course I wish you luck Erica. But know you are talented and will get'er done with time to spare.

Re: Book being published. - 02/25/10 04:13 AM

You guys are so great. I'm really touched by your confidence in me. I'll do my best to live up to your kind words.
smiles!

Re: Book being published. - 03/02/10 12:14 AM

JJ, may I quote you on my website? I was bowled over by your words...:-)

Re: Book being published. - 03/02/10 12:17 AM

Anytime! It would be my pleasure.

Re: Book being published. - 03/02/10 09:08 PM

Thanks!
:-)