MamaReds 1st. published article

Posted by: chatty lady

MamaReds 1st. published article - 03/11/09 09:34 PM

I hope she doesn't mind but in am email today I received a copy of our MaMaReds "first published" article, YEAAAA!!! Cheering for her!!! You can see it too at:

www.livewiththrive.com/spring-chick-/silver-sage-or-over-the-hill/

Take a look see! Jerrilynn/MamaRed is the one in the awesome green hat!
Posted by: chickadee

Re: MamaReds 1st. published article - 03/17/09 04:28 AM

Congrats Mama and thanks for posting it Chatty. Where is she these days?
Posted by: Songbird

Re: MamaReds 1st. published article - 03/17/09 01:18 PM

Beautiful article. I enjoyed it so much! Congratulations, MamaReds!
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: MamaReds 1st. published article - 03/17/09 01:34 PM

Congratulations Mama Red! Lovely article. Loved the last part, especially the "38 long".

Looking forward to more.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: MamaReds 1st. published article - 03/17/09 02:43 PM

What a really good article. Congrats Mama! I left a comment, too.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: MamaReds 1st. published article - 03/17/09 02:56 PM

Loved the batwings. Also like the use of igKnights - very clever.

I've sent her a couple PMs, but haven't heard from her.

Congrats Mama!

Re: MamaReds 1st. published article - 03/17/09 09:40 PM

I am going to email her today to let her know she has comments on BWS to read. Thanks for those comments by the way. It is so exciting to have the first article or whatever you write published.
Posted by: Mama Red

Re: MamaReds 1st. published article - 03/17/09 10:11 PM

Wow, Chatty...you're are the kindest person to do this for me. I've got a new case of "happy dancitis" going in my office right now.

Thanks to each of you for taking the time to read the article and for posting comments. Wow, I'm so blessed and honored.

Dotsie...did respond to a PM just now...don't know why the notice didn't reach my inbox!!!!

I'm working on a schedule for my writing and teleseminars and am *determined* to get time for BWS and Twitter and the other adventures going on 'round here.

My website went live about 2 weeks ago & I went underground to figure out how to "make" everything work, at least for a 1st cut. I'm doing free teleseminars on creating a "Kick-Butt" life and ya'll are more than welcome to listen live or sign up and I'll send you a link.

Again, my deepest gratitude for the words of encouragement and my apologies for being MIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: MamaReds 1st. published article - 03/17/09 10:12 PM

Thank you sweets...liked that about the 38" long, eh? It's almost true (more like a 42...grin).

Re: MamaReds 1st. published article - 03/17/09 10:14 PM

And I've got those batwings...and can't complain 'cuz I haven't done a blasted thing to even reduce them from adult size ones to little baby batwings! Been glued to the computer (now that I have my thyroid and adrenals working again...ya hoo, although the doc would *prefer* I not push so hard!).

Funny thing is that the igKnights is a play on my married name and one of my oddball thoughts when Gil asked for a divorce in November is "oh, what do I do for a tagline now?" Funny the weird thoughts that come unbidden.

Re: MamaReds 1st. published article - 03/17/09 10:15 PM

Thank you so much Queen Bee...I appreciate your generosity.

Re: MamaReds 1st. published article - 03/17/09 10:16 PM

Thanks Songbird...I sooo appreciate the vote of encouragement. I could barely keep my feet on the floor. You mighta thunk I won the lottery or something!

Re: MamaReds 1st. published article - 03/17/09 10:36 PM

Hi JJ...of course you can be a Silver Sage Groupie...love that idea! And had never thought of it...grin. Leave it to your creativity to come up with that one!
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: MamaReds 1st. published article - 03/17/09 11:59 PM

Congrats MamaRed on your first published article -- and a great one to boot!
Posted by: Sandpiper

Re: MamaReds 1st. published article - 03/18/09 03:28 AM

MamaRed - wonderful article and so very true! Just when we have something to contribute and know what to do with ourselves it seems society wants to throw us away.

You hit the nail right on the head. Awesome! Oh, I love the name also Silver Sage! Yes.
Posted by: gims

Re: MamaReds 1st. published article - 03/18/09 06:00 AM

Now, that's a tag I can live with.... I'm not one to like 'chronie' (sp?), or old lady... and I'm so getting tired of 'boomer'... silver sage works nicely...
Oh, and I loved the article... you're just as talented as you are nice.

Re: MamaReds 1st. published article - 03/18/09 04:44 PM

Hi Meredith!

Thanks so much...I really appreciate your kind words. You would have thought I was 2 and got my first ice cream the way I was dancing around my office.

Re: MamaReds 1st. published article - 03/18/09 04:45 PM

Hi Sandpiper

Ain't it so? And by gum, I'm not buying into any more...smile. Glad you like the name Silver Sage...feels much more empowering to me.

Re: MamaReds 1st. published article - 03/18/09 04:46 PM

Hey there Gims

So kewl to reconnect. I think the only other name I've seen recently that connected a bit was "Golden Goddesses". However, I had a different reaction to that one (maybe 'cuz I watched Golden Girls forever) and still felt it wasn't quite right, at least for me. I appreciate the kind words!

Re: MamaReds 1st. published article - 03/18/09 09:55 PM

Now here is the reason MamaRed why I felt okay to share the info about your article in the email you sent me with our BWS sisters, especially after reading it. I knew they would feel as happy for you as I do about you and your talent. Wha-hoo, dance away!!!
Posted by: Edelweiss3

Re: MamaReds 1st. published article - 03/18/09 10:04 PM

Just read it too, Mama Red. Congratulations. Very well written, and I LOVE your picture. You looked like you just stepped out of My Fair Lady. smile

Re: MamaReds 1st. published article - 03/19/09 09:04 PM

And I'm soooooooo blessed you took the initiative on it Chatty...wish you were right here and I could give you a great big hug. Will you take a virtual one instead? MUAAAAHHHHH....

And I tentatively booked my first speech for June 19-20 in Detroit...Whoo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: MamaReds 1st. published article - 03/19/09 09:05 PM

Thanks EW...I'm so glad you enjoyed it. That outfit was one of two outfits for my joining ceremony to Gil and I so love it AND won't talk about not being able to fit into anymore (grin).
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: MamaReds 1st. published article - 03/19/09 09:11 PM

You go girl! Wheer are you speking in Detroit, and what are you speaking about - us silver sages?

Re: MamaReds 1st. published article - 03/20/09 01:37 AM

I feel it MamaRed and say thanks for the big hug!!!

Re: MamaReds 1st. published article - 03/20/09 01:48 AM

Thanks...things are still being finalized...this won't be on Silver Sages (sad face)...tenatively "From Victtim to Victor: Rewrite Your Story, Rewrite Your Life". 1 inspirational speech and a 3 hour workshop on "Design Your Kick-Butt Life". I met this young man on Twitter who wants me to help inspire those less fortunate in the Detroit area ...and, possibly do some visioning work with some nonprofits to help them get through the changes we're all seeing right now.
Posted by: celtic_flame

Re: MamaReds 1st. published article - 03/20/09 10:27 PM

well i have missed you not being about ..........but i see its all worthwhile with your hard work of late.

good to know its n9ce for you and i too love the articale.

I rember you talking about such a thing and the title you used in heer, good to know the background to it with your articale. smile
Posted by: orchid

Re: MamaReds 1st. published article - 03/22/09 12:31 AM

Congrats. mamared!

I do love the Silver Sage term. We should continue to propagate its use.

Re: MamaReds 1st. published article - 03/30/09 09:28 PM

Hi Celtic

So good to "hear" your amazing voice and gifts again...my thanks for your kind words and I'm working to catch up on at least some of the threads!

I finished another article last week (a tongue-in-cheek one called "Kindness is Overrated") and finished the core content for my book today. Whew, interesting times! Now starts the part called "Marketing". EEK!

Re: MamaReds 1st. published article - 03/30/09 09:29 PM

Thanks Orchid...I appreciate the kind words...and I agree, let's propagate it! My virtual assistant (VA) added the article to several article engines, so we'll see what happens next. This is all totally new to me! I hope I can teach this "old dog" (Silver Sage!) some new tricks and quickly.

Re: MamaReds 1st. published article - 03/30/09 10:59 PM

It's so good to read your voice again...welcome home, Red
Posted by: AmyDoodle

Re: MamaReds 1st. published article - 04/02/09 02:31 AM

I'm a little behind (I love that term!), but I just read this piece and left a comment. Terrific job! How many on the list do I have to answer "true" to before I qualify as a Silver Sage? Never mind, I think I got 'em all except the gramma ones. Give me a few years and I'll have those covered, too!

Re: MamaReds 1st. published article - 04/16/09 09:08 PM

Well, as you can tell, I'm a little behind too (although, for me, that is definitely an oxymoron!)...thanks so much for leaving a commment AmyDoodle...so sweet of you! I'm waving atcha...with my arms tightly held by my sides so I don't take flight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: MamaReds 1st. published article - 04/16/09 09:37 PM

I'm so far behind I think I'm first....

Re: MamaReds 1st. published article - 04/17/09 03:03 AM

...and you are first darlin', you are!