It's fun to win stuff!

Posted by: AmyDoodle

It's fun to win stuff! - 01/17/09 03:25 AM

I managed to take second place in the annual Funds for Writers Contest--a huge step for me because I usually never win contests. I got some writing software and enough money to buy a stash of chocolate!

Also, I'm in the 2009 Bylines calendar--this might be my favorite thing so far; they published mine with a picture of a fake goat! Submissions are open until Feb. 1 for the 2010 calendar in case any of you talented folks are interested. Submissions can't exceed 300 words for a paragraph about the writing life and your bio.(sylvia@bylinescalendar.com)
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: It's fun to win stuff! - 01/17/09 12:27 PM

Congrats Amy. I think we sponored that contest last year.

Some of the clever and witty women here should definitely enter that calendar contest. www.bylinescalendar.com

Re: It's fun to win stuff! - 01/17/09 08:52 PM

Thanks, Dotsie!

Yep, I'd love to see some of these Boomer gals in that calendar. These ladies are the best!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: It's fun to win stuff! - 01/17/09 11:58 PM

Your so right Amy, it is fun to win especially when the prize is something you want and can use. Congratulations!

Re: It's fun to win stuff! - 01/22/09 02:56 AM

Thanks Chatty!
Posted by: Saundra

Re: It's fun to win stuff! - 01/22/09 10:40 PM

Amy, I'm so happy for you. You can't beat a stash of chocolate. What kind of writing software did you get? Very cool.
Posted by: Saundra

Re: It's fun to win stuff! - 01/22/09 10:43 PM

Dotsie, I went to the webiste but missed info about entering the contest. Is it somewhere else or is my head somewhere else?
Posted by: Mama Red

Re: It's fun to win stuff! - 01/23/09 03:00 PM

BIG Congrats AmyDoodle...chocolate....ummmmmm...oh wait, I was going to say congrats on winning the software. Whatever was I thinking...these fingers have a mind of their own.

Re: It's fun to win stuff! - 01/27/09 03:44 AM

Thanks! I don't blame you--chocolate takes my mind off. . .whatever it was I was going to say. I got IdeaWeaver software.

I went and checked for the Bylines info. Try this site:
http://www.bylinescalendar.com/guidelines.php