Anyone have any news?

Posted by: Dotsie

Anyone have any news? - 03/25/08 03:08 PM

I know we ahve writers among us. Anyone been published on any sites or newsleters lately?
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Anyone have any news? - 03/25/08 10:11 PM

I have a new article on the www.nabbw.com web site if anyone is bored and would like to read it.

Also, I'll be interviewed LIVE tomorrow night, Wednesday, March 26th from 6-7 pm EDT on WVIE 1370 AM in Baltimore.

Not in the listening area? Then, get on your computer and go directly to WVIE 1370 AM Baltimore. Hit the Listen Now link on the right, sit back and take it all in.

I'm such a media slut.
Posted by: hotflashgal

Re: Anyone have any news? - 03/26/08 02:23 AM

This is not about writing, but I have been invited to sit on a panel speaking about baby boomer women who are entrepreneurs. A new regional magazine Girlfriendz is hosting some events and the editor gave me a call. Dotsie....were your ears burning?? The editor and I were both singing your praises the other day. I was also contacted by the owners of a site Growing Bolder to do a radio interview on their am station in Florida. They found me through my blog. I love to talk, so I am excited about both of these.
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Anyone have any news? - 03/26/08 09:36 AM

JJ, just read your article on walking. Haha..."bowling ball with teeth"...you crack me up.
Have you lost weight allready?
I got to look at some family photographs, and afterwards run right out the back door...
Keep on trucking!
Posted by: Lavinia

Re: Anyone have any news? - 06/26/08 05:29 AM

I have good news to share. I have a full manuscript sitting on an agents desk right now. Also, just received my two critiques for the manuscript for my memoir. Comments include;

"Your curiosity is powerful suspense."

"This untold story has its own mirror with those returning from war today. The lessons of your father's generation need to be taught."

And my personal favorite, "Get this published!"

I am very excited and encouraged. ~Karen (Lavinia)

Re: Anyone have any news? - 06/26/08 01:41 PM

Way to go Karen! Wuhoo! I love your blog, by the way...

Re: Anyone have any news? - 06/26/08 02:51 PM

In case anyone would want to seeeeeee...I am featuring the Dotster on my homepage at http://queenjawjaw.com/guestwriter.html

Drop by and take a read...won't you? And if anyone has a pet/animal that has a story to tell or a question for Trixie, please write to us and let us know. Trixie is dying to get into the act. We've both been "idle" for wayyyy tooooo long! Well, Trixie more than me. Uh huh. Is too. Is too! nanananan...I can't hearrrr youuuu..nananana...
Posted by: Lola

Re: Anyone have any news? - 06/26/08 05:08 PM

Loved it.

Re: Anyone have any news? - 06/26/08 07:23 PM

Very well written JJ...and I loved the phrase: "with her finger on the pulse of this spirited generation."

You aren't only a comedy writer; you are a writer!
Posted by: savvygrandmother

Re: Anyone have any news? - 06/26/08 09:27 PM

Congratulations Karen - we'll keep our fingers crossed!
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Anyone have any news? - 06/26/08 09:42 PM

Cangrats Lavinia!

Good article, Jawjaw and Dotsie
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Anyone have any news? - 06/27/08 09:58 PM

The woman whose first Novel I just completed for her is meeting with the man who produced the X-Files, movie, and TV series and he is looking at her Novel to become an epic for TV. Like Thornbirds of Roots. I am scrambling now to finish book two for a sequel. Imagine that! I will keep you posted.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Anyone have any news? - 06/28/08 03:07 AM

Cool beans! Loved the X-Files, thought they were coming out with a new movie, too?

Re: Anyone have any news? - 06/28/08 05:05 AM

Chatty, my fingers are crossed!

Re: Anyone have any news? - 06/28/08 08:16 PM

The man responsible for the X-files 's name is Bowman I think she said, told me to google him as he has very impressive credentials and a neat webpage. The best part is I worked on her novel for 'less money' and took a 'precentage of the profits' from publishing, movie, TV etc. Damn, I stand to make a bundle on this venture when and if it goes through. Someone pinch me!!!
Posted by: Lola

Re: Anyone have any news? - 06/28/08 10:50 PM

That is soooooo cool, Chatty! Crossing my fingers as well for you.

Re: Anyone have any news? - 06/29/08 12:52 PM

Chatty, is that BIG news or what? You go girl. Fingers crossed here as well that it comes through for all concerned! Wuhoo! Here's to your ticket to paradise!

The article on my homepage for Dotsie was written by Dotsie. I would love to take credit for it, but alas, I cannot. Dotsie is a fabulous writer and I for one would love to see her write a book. No doubt it would be a best-seller. She has the "right stuff." Thanks for taking a peak! I don't write um, (well, some of them I do, but not all) I just showcase um...and it is MY honor to do so.

Re: Anyone have any news? - 07/01/08 01:53 AM

Well say good-night Gracey...tomorrow I am off to Alaska for two weeks. Don't worry, I have someone house-sitting. Have to take care of the TRIXSTER...don't you know.

So let's get everyone to put their hands together and say a prayer that polar bears don't like Southern meat.

By the way, when I return, I'll be posting a picture of the lovely poncho that Chatty made. It is really, really, nice. She is something!

Gotta finish packing....See you all in two weeks!
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Anyone have any news? - 07/01/08 02:06 AM

Have a great time and a safe trip. Polar Bears like Southern Meat but not yours, yours tastes too funny...get it? Ahahaha. I think they only eat Haul-a-butt.
Don't drink the water, it will flash freeze your lips.
Luv,

Re: Anyone have any news? - 07/01/08 03:38 AM

have a great time Jawjaw! The idea of a cold climate seems pretty appealing right now.

Re: Anyone have any news? - 07/01/08 06:27 AM

Off to Alaska, JJ? Wow, Did I miss something? Is this a pleasure or business trip? Have a good time! Can't wait to hear about your trip when you are back.

Re: Anyone have any news? - 07/01/08 08:06 AM

chick, your comments were hysterical.

Edelweiss, it's all pleasure. She ahs a friend who lives there and she and a couple other friends are visiting her. Sounds like a major party to me! I don't know what I'm going to do without my BWS and NABBW right hand gal! Yesterday, she worked like a fool getting everything finished for the next two weeks so I can live without her!

Re: Anyone have any news? - 07/01/08 10:10 AM

JJ, unless you are way up in the Anartic you won't see any polar bears, its the grizzlies that you have to watch out for. They are all over Alaska.
I am sorry I wasn't able to get the poncho to you soon enough to model before you left, but it gives us something to look forward to when you get back, that and all the stories you'll have to tell. Bon Voyage!!!

Re: Anyone have any news? - 07/01/08 11:16 AM

Slipping in here before I cast off this morning!

Haul-a-butt? Bawmahahahahaha....that is so funny!

Pleasure! Three high school friends...and one of them teaches in Wales. She is retiring soon and wanted her two best friends to see where she has been for the past 8 years teaching. So, off we go! Her boyfriend is accompanying us on the trip and is taking us to other places the first week like Anchorage, Homer, Nome, and a few other places. He works there on a gov't radar site.

Chatty, check out Wales, Alaska...it is on the Bering Sea. On a clear day, they can see Siberia, Russia. They have LOTS of polar bears. On some days, they have to stay inside because the bears will be roaming the beach and of course, fishing for their food. Let's hope I'm not on the menu!

We will be in Wales a week, also. Here is a web-cam that you can go to and see the whole village. The only way in is to fly; if you watch the web cam next week, you will probably see me, Vicki, Dinah, and her boyfriend Ben walking along the beach. How cool is that?

http://24.237.247.165/straitcam.html
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Anyone have any news? - 07/01/08 12:54 PM

Have a wonderful time, JJ!! And please keep away from those polar bears...take pictures, but from INDOORS!!! Looking forward to hearing all the polar tales when you get back!

Re: Anyone have any news? - 07/01/08 06:05 PM

Wow, then you are way up there. The woman whose life story I am writing keeps bugging me to come up for a week. I spoke to her yesterday and she said I could fly out of McCarren here in Vegas, at 7:00 a.m. on Alaskian Airlines, land for a 2 hour lay over in Seattle, then fly to Anchorage where I would have to board a small putt, putt type plane to fly to Kodiak where I would land at 4:00 p.m. and she would pick me up and then drive to her home there. Her construction company is in Nome, they build highways and large buildings, and she has a couple other homes way out in the wilderness they use for fishing trips and hunting. There were several large Grizzlies walking along on the highway out near Denali when they were driving to check up on the fishing boats she owns out around Big Delta. Thats a rare sight she said. The boats supply the crabs for some major restaurants. It all sounds so fascinating and my exploring nature wants me to go so bad, BUT I dread airports and would be in at least three of them... Your are far more adventurous than me, my friend...
Posted by: Saundra

Re: Anyone have any news? - 07/10/08 08:37 PM

I've missed so much. I'm taking an Internet marketing class with Kathleen Gage and The Bog Squad. We're in a private Facebook class that is in week 2 and I'm still learning my way around.

JJ, why don't I get your newsletter anymore? I miss your writing and my laughing. Bring salmon back from Alaska if the bears haven't eaten it all.

Dotsie, your article is wonderful. I finally listened to your interview with Kathleen today. You shared so much it was amazing.

Chatty, I hope you get the movie deal. Can I be your assistant?

Karin, I don't know you yet, but good luck.
Posted by: humlan

Re: Anyone have any news? - 07/11/08 12:17 AM

JJ..do you have a newsletter?? I missed that!

Chattylady..your description of a trip into Alaska sounds very exciting..but, like you, I don´t know if I´d dare???

Isn´t JJ visiting with her friends in Alaska that had lots of trouble a few months ago..due to weather and storms and such? And I´ll bet she´s helping out there alot,too.

Re: Anyone have any news? - 07/11/08 06:06 PM

Saundra, I won't need an assistant because being a ghostwriter, I will be lucky if I am even mentioned but one never knows. As long as the checks are good, who cares?

I am dying to go to Alaska Humlan, but I have too much work, number one, and number two, I am a pansy when it comes to traveling. I would love to have some of that fresh, right out of the icy waters salmon and crab...
Posted by: Saundra

Re: Anyone have any news? - 07/11/08 11:36 PM

Humlan, JJ has a wonderful web site (www.queenjawjaw) I'm sure you know about. I think she writes a monthly column that arrives in our NABBW newlsetter. I just wish our Queen had a newsletter.

See, JJ, we want a newsletter from you.
Posted by: Lavinia

Re: Anyone have any news? - 07/15/08 05:26 AM

So much good news here! Chatty- Congrats! The way I understand it, if you ghost write something you can never, ever, ever, ever (did I say ever?) take credit for it. But WE'LL know and be cheering the project on. Oh and if you need a pinch...here you go (insert cyber-pinch here).

As for me, the agent ultimately passed on my children's book. It's disappointing but a nibble means I've at least got something going for me. I've decided not to devote myself full time to submitting my book until after the kids are back in school in the fall. It takes too much out of me and my life. Freelancing can be done in small chunks of time. But to get the books out there takes sustained effort and attention. So I'll be looking forward to hitting hard in September.

Keep up all the great work everyone. Individually we can make a difference - Together we can change the world! ~Karen
Posted by: savvygrandmother

Re: Anyone have any news? - 07/17/08 02:47 AM

I am writing a column called "Savvy Grandmother" for Heartbeatthemagazine.com. It's great fun! I've written two so far. Check it out!

Re: Anyone have any news? - 07/17/08 03:58 PM

Yuhoooooo! Honeeeeey, I'm homeeeee. I'll give more details on the Alaska adventure in a bit, but for now, let's just say that it was a wonderful experience but girls, there's no place like home...and my grandchildren. When I opened the car door at the airport to go home, my oldest grandchild, Lea, who is three, said, "I'm coming to live with you Gan Maw." No place like home.

And now I have to go buy food as there is NONE in this house. SAVVY GRANDMOTHER...I can't wait to check out your articles! Welcome to the forum if I haven't said so before. I bet reading you columns is going to be one of my favorite things to do. What a cute name! WELCOME!

ps--yes, I use to have a newsletter but it was taking up wayyyyy too much time to write and Dotsie's such a slave driver, I had to let it go....whatttt? Okay, I jokes...

Re: Anyone have any news? - 07/17/08 11:12 PM

WELCOME HOME your Majesty!!! You have been missed around the moat...

Re: Anyone have any news? - 07/18/08 01:34 AM

Welcome back and boy were you missed!

Re: Anyone have any news? - 07/18/08 02:17 AM

welcome home jawjaw! Where's your avatar?
Posted by: mscoach

Re: Anyone have any news? - 07/18/08 05:35 PM

Queenie,
You're back. How nice, somehow it feels that all is right with the world again.
Can't wait to hear about your adventure. DId you ride a whale? See a Polar bear? Eat some Salmon? I'm instigating for some witty responses here you see......
xoG

Re: Anyone have any news? - 07/21/08 01:10 AM

I want to share the beautiful poncho made by our own Chatty!

This is my sister Amy, modeling and Chatty didn't realize it, but she made the poncho out of our favorite football team's colors, The Alabama Crimson Tide! ROLL TIDE! My sisters were fighting over it. I was in Chattanooga, Tennessee this weekend with all of my sisters and my Mom celebrating one of my sisters b/day...The second shot is two more of my sisters getting in on the act. This was AFTER the wine...

By the way, the sister wearing the poncho has shorts and shirt on under it! LOL! There was a big fight afterwards...Who did the poncho go home with? Why....the Queen...who else?

Chatty, expert work...as usual. You are such a doll!

Re: Anyone have any news? - 07/21/08 07:15 AM

Your first poncho, Chatty! Congratulations!

Re: Anyone have any news? - 07/21/08 02:31 PM

And...done with love; as always!

Re: Anyone have any news? - 07/21/08 03:44 PM

How cool is that?! I'm thinking it will look much better with pants. HA! Looking forward to getting the ones I ordered. Great length. What a one of a kind gift!

Re: Anyone have any news? - 07/21/08 05:26 PM

Roll Tide...you may have something there JJ. Chatty, your possiblities on this one could be endless.Hey Chats, remember when we discussed the lapghan with red hearts and diamonds and black spades and clubs? Maybe a poncho like that. Not now, but later when I get moved.

Re: Anyone have any news? - 07/21/08 07:29 PM

Also, here is a link you might find useful

http://www.allmyfaves.com/

Re: Anyone have any news? - 07/22/08 10:23 AM

I just finished two Ponchos for Dotsie shes giving for Christmas gifts and am working on locating the odd color yarn for the third one. Its available but in a fine, hard to work with and flimsy yarn which in my estimation is of poor quality. I use a very nice sturdy yarn that will last for years. Glad you like it JJ, your sisters too! Allmy ponchos are reversable too. I love the color of yours, so bright and cheery...

Re: Anyone have any news? - 07/24/08 05:17 AM

Cool poncho! And how neat is it that Chatty got the Crimson Tide colors?
Posted by: Jane_Carroll

Re: Anyone have any news? - 07/24/08 06:38 PM

Well...my news is tiny! Only 6# 7oz and 18" long...her name is Megan Elizabeth. She joined her sister Bailey Kate on July 8 at 12:34pm.

I had quite a nice stay in Orlando...got there about an hour before they needed to leave for the hospital (and she wasn't in labor when I left home) how's that for timing?

Anyway...mother and daughters are doing well!

Re: Anyone have any news? - 07/24/08 07:44 PM

Jane, you forgot to tell them how precious she is. I saw the pic...oh my, this baby is soooo prudy!

Re: Anyone have any news? - 07/24/08 10:11 PM

Please post pics, Jane. Congrats Grandma.
Perfect timing...My daughter came to visit me in the hospital when I had my appendix removed and went into labour while she was there. We spend the next few days in our jammies together wooing my first grandchild.

Re: Anyone have any news? - 07/24/08 10:21 PM

Now thats a story Chickadee no writer could think of. HOW COOL!!!

Re: Anyone have any news? - 07/26/08 03:10 PM

Chick...be careful what you ask for...I'm loaded with pictures! Oh...and love your story...talking about getting around visiting hours! LOL!

Megan

Mom and Daughters

Grammy and Megan

Bailey's 2nd Birthday

Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Anyone have any news? - 07/26/08 03:34 PM

Jane, they're both adorable! Beautiful pix, and beautiful Grammy! Congratulations!

JJ, that's an amazing link. I think they covered just about everything there!

Chatty, your ponchos and lapghans are such beautiful works of heart.
Posted by: jabber

Re: Anyone have any news? - 07/26/08 03:36 PM

Wow! Megan and Bailey are beautiful!!!

Re: Anyone have any news? - 07/26/08 10:44 PM

Thank You Eagle (blush ) Sometimes I surprise myself. Dotsies daughter Jessie asked her mom if I made ponchos too, when she saw the afghan I made for Dotsie. Dotsie asked me and I decided to try one. The very first one I ever made went to JJ. She and her sisters said it was great! I have since completed two others for Dotsies nieces Christmas presents and am working on finding a certain unusual color yarn for the young lady who started it all, Jessie...

And yet I can't for the heck of me make a straight line into a scarf, go figure!!! I will continue to try though as my friend and best customer Dancer needs some scarves...
Posted by: hotflashgal

Re: Anyone have any news? - 07/26/08 11:28 PM

I have two radio interviews this week. One is with Growing Bolder and the other is with 50+Fabulous. Dotsie, haven't you done Growing Bolder?
Posted by: diamond50

Re: Anyone have any news? - 07/27/08 07:33 AM

Jane, beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing!
Chatty, your crocheting is beautiful as ever.

Re: Anyone have any news? - 07/27/08 02:57 PM

Thanks everyone!

Chatty...you do beautiful work...keep it up!

HotFlash Girl...congrats on the shows...I know you will be awesome!
Posted by: Sandpiper

Re: Anyone have any news? - 07/27/08 09:24 PM

Jane, lovely little one! So pretty and big sis is doing great as well.

You look like a very proud grammy! Lovely!