living long lost dreams

Posted by: Poppie

living long lost dreams - 03/13/07 09:40 PM

Hey Lassies

...I DID IT....I DID IT!! I completed and sent away my application for The Metropolitan University in London..this very evening. I can't beleive it!!! I never would have beleived it possible or even entertained the thought of taking my 'career' in Jewellry and Design to its maximum potential.
I was asking Celt this morning...like a sorta reality check...'am I delusional about wanting to do this?'...I don't even need to post her response as you may know how she responded.
I am putting alot on the line doing this...and with everything in life...I also am taking risks....wow.
If you knew me and my lifes history....to get this place in Uni will be huge.
No more light under a bushell(sp?)No more crippling fear and self doubt...to the degree that I only wish I could do what I was lucky enough to be talented at.
I realy am living the dream...and the main reason for such a huge transformation is that someone realy sees who I am and always has. She also beleives in me....geeesh, I beleive in me.

I should know quite soon when I will get an interveiw...hopefully in Apr/May!!!

I am so fortunate in many, many ways(amen)to have turned a sorry-a**ed life around and reach such dizzy heights.

I have a great gratitude for the encouragement from the boomer forums..and beleive that the support and encouragement received hear has a big influence...so thanks to all who have been there for me.

Popea
Posted by: Anno

Re: living long lost dreams - 03/13/07 09:53 PM

Yes, yes, yes! Way to go, Po. How absolutely wonderful for you. No light under the bushel is right, girl, Let it shine! let it shine! let it shine!

And as for Celt - what a wonderful woman you are too.

Love ya, girls.
Posted by: celtic_flame

Re: living long lost dreams - 03/13/07 10:25 PM

hehehe you are delusional po, but certinly not about this...

Its a delight to get to see you revisite stuff that is your passion and you are talented at....dreams come true for those who dream them, some of the time we only have to take it one wee steap at a time and belive.

what you hold as true and belive either is true or will become true...ya know the way the univers works, it goes taaaahhhhraaaa whenever it can.

celtic
Posted by: Jane_Carroll

Re: living long lost dreams - 03/13/07 11:45 PM

Hip, Hip, Horray! We're all proud of you and for you!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: living long lost dreams - 03/14/07 06:21 AM

Add another HIP to that Hooray from me, Po! We will all assume you're going to keep us posted on the progress of this, yes?

You will do it. I feel it in my bones. Good for you!

You're also giving encouragement to everyone reading about the steps you've taken to fulfill your dream. How cool is that?

GO GIRL!
Posted by: diamond50

Re: living long lost dreams - 03/14/07 07:18 AM

Po, that is great! Keep on keeping on : )
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: living long lost dreams - 03/14/07 08:07 AM

"To get what we've never had, we must do what we've never done." --Anonymous

You can do it!
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: living long lost dreams - 03/14/07 04:46 PM

Popea
Reach for the stars....why not?
Mounain ash
Posted by: chickadee

Re: living long lost dreams - 03/14/07 05:16 PM

Popea, this is great news. Living your passion...what could be greater?

chick
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: living long lost dreams - 03/27/07 06:55 AM

Popea, since I first met you on this forum, you talked about wanting to be a jeweler. I'm so glad you took this concrete step to realize your dream.

You'll shine in your interview! We're all rooting for you
Posted by: ktri

Re: living long lost dreams - 03/28/07 01:55 AM

Yep, trying for it is what matters. Now you won't look back somtime in the future and play the "What if..." game. Great job!

Re: living long lost dreams - 03/30/07 09:05 PM

that po woman.....she got two men wanting to fund her start up costs to go into producing hand made jewlarrie .....now she found a degree to do that she gets to specilize in an aspect of jewlarie making or desinee, honestlie....its alllll comming her way at the moment. she is spolt for choice

Re: living long lost dreams - 03/30/07 09:11 PM

Celtic, I am chasing you around the forums today. It is nice to be just one step behind you!

Congratulations to Po. I love it when I hear it all come together. Talent and charm - what a great combination.

Re: living long lost dreams - 03/30/07 09:14 PM

booooooo anno
i doubled back on myself lol. gottcha
Posted by: Dianne

Re: living long lost dreams - 03/31/07 08:48 PM

Ever dreamed of being or doing something but didn't give it a try? Check out this site!

http://vocationvacations.com/

Re: living long lost dreams - 03/31/07 10:39 PM

Okay, Dianne, have you decided on which vocation vacation you are going to first.
Posted by: Dianne

Re: living long lost dreams - 04/01/07 01:20 PM

I'm buying one for the hub as a birthday gift. The general manager of a minor league baseball team in Fort Worth Tx. I can't wait to surprise him with it.

I have to go back and look for myself but they say the B&B one is nothing but hard work. Maybe the private detective one?