I'm going back to school !!!

Posted by: positiveliving

I'm going back to school !!! - 11/11/06 08:49 AM

Hello

I too am going back to school!! I am always studying because I love the flexibility of correspondance courses but I have decided to do nationally recognised adult teaching certificate ( a city and guilds)!!!

I did the literacy tests yesterday and boy, it's going to be hard work. It means sitting in a classroom two Saturdays a month but it will be worth it as I will be able to teach what I do in mainstream colleges.

I start in December and am looking forward to it.

Wish me luck!!
Posted by: Lola

Re: I'm going back to school !!! - 11/11/06 09:27 AM

Good luck, Samantha! Which adult teaching certificate are you doing? NVQ certification?
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: I'm going back to school !!! - 11/11/06 09:37 AM

Got to really admire you Samantha. I know I couldn't get my act like that together anymore. I'd probably be the squirmer in the class, passing notes around, and giggling with the person sitting next to me.
I know, some people never grow up...all the more we need people like you!
Good luck in your school endeavors Samantha!

Re: I'm going back to school !!! - 11/11/06 11:34 AM

Ah, thank you Hannelore,

It is a 12 session course and will be loads of homework so just praying I can stay on top of that really. Thank you for your kind words though.

Hi Lola

I am doing the Certificate in Delivering Learning which is a city and guilds qualification. I just love teaching adults or rather showing adults should I say. I simply show them the way and they show themselves that they are capable of so much more.
Posted by: yonuh

Re: I'm going back to school !!! - 11/11/06 03:34 PM

Congratulations! Learning and teaching are wonderful and keep the mind active. I opted for online classes because I knew I wouldn't be able to sit still through a traditional class.

I had some trouble at the beginning getting myself organized, but now I've hit my stride and am managing to keep up with assignments, reading, etc. (well, mostly)
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: I'm going back to school !!! - 11/12/06 03:03 PM

Kudos Samantha! Your efforts will pay off for both yourself and your future students!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: I'm going back to school !!! - 11/12/06 07:44 PM

Good Luck Samantha! You will do great, of that I'm sure. You have the tenacity! And heaven knows you have the brain power. My guess is you will ace it.

Go girl!

Re: I'm going back to school !!! - 11/12/06 08:18 PM

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I'd like to think my passion for what I do will carry me through.

Congratulations on your recent success too Queen jj, it's fantastic news.