at local high schools

Posted by: Dotsie

at local high schools - 09/25/06 12:44 PM

Do your high schools offer Adult Education in the evenings? Our Baltimore County school system offers tons of interesting classes. I have friends who are taking an antiquing class. They also offer painting, cooking, computers, stamping, decorating, you name it. I think it's a great way to keep learning, especially since it's all the fun things in life.
Posted by: Anno

Re: at local high schools - 09/25/06 11:14 PM

I have taken pottery classes (I was terrible, but I laughed alot), Spanish classes (again, I was terrible, but I learned to conjugate verbs), painting classes, fixing stucco houses, yoga, finding your inner peace and writing classes.
They are always a riot - interesting people who are not ashamed of making fools of themselves.

Oh, I forgot, Dennis and I took a dance class and came home with bruised feet.
At least we both keep trying.
Posted by: Jane_Carroll

Re: at local high schools - 09/26/06 05:04 PM

I am currently teaching "As the Pen Spins" which is a 4 week class for getting the creative juices flowing. It's a ton of fun and my group from last year has evolved into a writer's group right here in my small town.

We have everything from computer classes to yoga. Lots of fun!
Posted by: Bluebird

Re: at local high schools - 09/26/06 05:26 PM

Not sure about the regular High School, but the alternative one that my son goes to, is also an adult education center. I'm hoping they will have a class on digital photography. I want to get better at it.
I've never taken a class as an adult, but I would imagine it would be much more relaxed and fun! No more worries about being cool or popular. It would be fun to smoke in the girls' room, though...good times. :-)
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: at local high schools - 10/02/06 01:12 PM

Blue, you make me smile. You smoking in the girl's room? Why not get a bottle of Boone's Farm?