Success!

Posted by: robowidowk

Success! - 12/11/05 02:56 AM

It's been a few months...just to let you guys know...I passed my Math Essentials class with a "B". I had an awesome teacher (who in their day job teaches special ed math in another city and commutes to teach us adults at night). It's been more than 3 decades since I have had any math at all...in this class we were forbidden to use calculators...I learned a lot. I'm not afraid of math anymore, I have conquered a mountain in my life. I have already signed up for/paid for "Pre-Algebra" the next hurdle on my way up!

Thanks for the encouragment!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Success! - 12/11/05 04:08 AM

Congratulations to you. Math was always my worst subject in school, hated the teacher but could count well enough to run a register way back when and to know I don't make enough money today. Say is there a class in making your dollar streeeeeeeech to cover the bills?
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Success! - 12/11/05 05:23 AM

Chatty, there actually ARE classes, but let me suggest you run to your nearest library and check out Mary Hunt's book,

"Debt-Proof Living: The Complete Guide to Living Financially Free"

It doesn't matter if you make 100.00 a month or 2000.00 a month, you CAN get out of debt and stay out. AND...have plenty to live off of... if anyone is ever interested in knowing the "jest" of her program and how it works, the basic in other words, drop me an email.

JJ

Re: Success! - 12/11/05 05:25 AM

p.s. ROBOWIDOWK...congrats. This is a major accomplishment! Wuhoooo!

You should celebrate!

JJ
Posted by: Sadie

Re: Success! - 12/11/05 05:28 AM

J.Ja.
I want to get that book. I will check Barnes and Noble . Chatty I was terrible in Math in school , but getting better now days . I took computer classes and had work 1-2 and excel and loved it . I want to go back and take flower arrangments My husband and I took ballroom dancing an loved that . I love taking classes computer classes helped me the most I learned to copy and paste .

Re: Success! - 12/11/05 05:36 AM

You can get it at your library if you don't want to buy it Miss Nancy....just a thought. Thanks by the way, for the recipes!

JJ
Posted by: Sadie

Re: Success! - 12/11/05 05:46 AM

J.J.
I wanted to mention on that applesauce cake to use only one tsp of cloves . Cloves is strong spice and will go into and edit . I have to back into the kitchen get off the Pc to finish making my pumkin bread . I have make six loaves already . Apple sauce tomorrow night . I make loaves cakes .

Oh, Thank you J.J.

Re: Success! - 12/11/05 10:22 PM

Will do. I'll have to make this at my DIL's but she doesn't mind. She loves it when I bake there. My stove gave up the ghost a year ago. I have a toaster over I use for most things, and of course, the Microwave which is probably killing away my insides...another topic for another time.

Thanks Nancy!

JJ
Posted by: yepthatsme2

Re: Success! - 12/11/05 11:31 PM

You know, I really thought you were joking, and going on about your stove & not cooking...guess that's not the case.
What a pain that has to be.

Re: Success! - 12/12/05 02:14 AM

nope...no joke. I don't LIKE to cook anyway so it's a win/win situation. My kitchen doesn't get abused by my attempts to cook, and I don't have to.

One eye still works. What else does one need? LOL!

JJ