Overcoming Underearning Workshop in Atlanta

Posted by: Kelly L. Adams Stone

Overcoming Underearning Workshop in Atlanta - 03/05/05 06:15 AM

On Friday May 13th, 2005, best selling author Barbara Stanny, who wrote "Secrets of 6-Figure Women" and "Prince Charming isn't coming: how women get smart about money" will be presenting a one day workshop in Atlanta called "Overcoming Underearning". This workshop will be held at Gainesville College, about 30 miles north of the city of Atlanta. Cost is $150 and includes a workbook that is yours to keep.

To register go to www.barbarastanny.com
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Overcoming Underearning Workshop in Atlanta - 03/05/05 10:03 PM

Does she travel the country doing seminars?

Re: Overcoming Underearning Workshop in Atlanta - 03/06/05 07:01 PM

Hi Dotsie,

My understanding is that she is located on the west coast and is willing to do some traveling but she has to have a certain number of participants in her workshop in order to cover her costs. My hope is that there will be a minimum of 30 registrants at this workshop in Atlanta on May 13, 2005. It certainly seems like a great topic, especially for women who often are paid less than men for the same amount/type of work. Her books are also very good if you haven't read them.

You can contact her through her website at www.barbarastanny.com.

Best, Kelly

Re: Overcoming Underearning Workshop in Atlanta - 03/07/05 01:41 AM

Kelly, do you know her?

Re: Overcoming Underearning Workshop in Atlanta - 03/22/05 03:05 AM

Hi Dotsie,

I have talked with her on the phone and she sounds wonderful. I have not met her in person.

Kelly
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Overcoming Underearning Workshop in Atlanta - 04/07/05 05:18 AM

Theres a saying: If you think education is expensive, wait and see the cost of ignorance. I love that one..... [Wink]

Re: Overcoming Underearning Workshop in Atlanta - 04/07/05 08:13 PM

Chatty, I love it.

I think I should share this at the PTA meeting I'm attending today. We'll see if I have the nerve. This school costs over 20 grand a year. I mentioned in another forum...our children are our best investment.
Posted by: DallasGal

Re: Overcoming Underearning Workshop in Atlanta - 04/16/05 12:09 AM

I really loved her book "Prince Charming Isn't Coming" and highly recommend it. It was a God-send for me as a single mom in beginning to really manage my money and build investment accounts for myself and my kiddo.

I have found the tips helped me even after my Prince Charming and child #2 and #3 did arrive on the scene. =)

Re: Overcoming Underearning Workshop in Atlanta - 04/16/05 04:16 AM

Hi ladies,

Well, unfortunately the workshop in May for Barbara Stanny isn't going to work out. There just wasn't enough interest generated (I'm afraid I am a terrible PR person). Pooh.

Kelly

Re: Overcoming Underearning Workshop in Atlanta - 04/17/05 08:29 PM

Kelly, you couldn't have been the only person promoting so don't blalme yourself!