I got it!

Posted by: Saundra

I got it! - 01/17/07 01:40 AM

Roadrunner was installed today (took 3 hours to run a line, etc.) and I can now be on the Internet and on the phone at the same time. I can't believe how fast the Internet is. I finally made it into this century.

Now the phone rings and interrupts me while I'm online. Do you just let it ring or do you answer and let yourself be interrupted and lose your train of thought? How did you get used to that? I always tell people not to interrupt me because I will forget what I was doing or saying. And I thought I could have it all - not!
Posted by: chickadee

Re: I got it! - 01/17/07 01:49 AM

Saundra, good for you.
I talk on the phone and internet at the same time. I call it
ambiduodexterous

chick
Posted by: Jane_Carroll

Re: I got it! - 01/17/07 03:43 AM

Yea, Saundra!

I answer my phone and postpone the websites usually...it sure beats when my dial up used to kick me off line when the phone rang and then I'd have to get back on and try to find my place!

Isn't technology amazing!
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: I got it! - 01/17/07 08:49 AM

Saundra, we got DSL 2 years ago because the prices were finally affordable. I love it! It's like a microwave -- once you've had it for a month, you can't imagine how you ever lived without it.
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: I got it! - 01/17/07 09:09 AM

Saundra welcome to the fast paced cyber life. We women are multitasking creatures...you'll get the knack of surfing and telephoning at the same time. I have two computer screens, and am thinking of getting a third. I love being at two place at one time. The other way was too slow for me.

Re: I got it! - 01/17/07 06:38 PM

OMG, Hannelore - TWO? Jane and Meredith, I'm already addicted and spending more time online because it's so fast. I used to do chores waiting for emails to open. I will catch up with you talented ladies soon.

ambiduodexterous - Chick, you're too funny. I'm still trying to pronounce it!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: I got it! - 01/17/07 06:42 PM

Congrats Ms Saundra...oh and LOVED hearing your voice last night! How cool was that?

Re: I got it! - 01/17/07 08:23 PM

JJ, where'd you get that awesome whiskey voice? Goes perfect with your Southern drawl. You could do voice-overs, girl! It was great hearing you and it was a great teleconference. Thanks, Miss Dotsie. Very very cool beans!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: I got it! - 01/18/07 02:47 AM

Suandra and JJ, it was great having you on the call last night. Lots of fun for me too.

Saundra, now I'm picturing you doing the same dang thing my kids have been doing for years; phone on shoulder and fingers on keyboard. You go girl.

Re: I got it! - 01/18/07 10:53 PM

Oh, yeah, Dotsie. I'll probably end up with a neck injury if I try that one. Those kids are still flexible - at least physically. Isn't interesting that we become less flexible physically and more flexible in other ways as we age?
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: I got it! - 01/18/07 11:42 PM

I'm laughing out loud about the "whiskey" voice comment because I think I have one of those "nasal" voices that is irritating as H-E-Double Hockey Sticks. I scratched off DJ as a career move a long time ago! hahahah....but thanks! I was so tickled when I heard you come on and speak. Isn't it fun?

Re: I got it! - 01/21/07 01:32 AM

Ok, I've heard of whisky breath but what is a whisky voice? Sorry I missed this. Sounds like it was fun.

chick
Posted by: gims

Re: I got it! - 01/21/07 05:34 AM

I'm taking "whisky" to mean sultry... smooth and easy.
Now, that's not what I imagined coming from a jokester, but not knowing jawjaw in person, or for long by web, this is only what I've picked her up to be, thus far. If this offends, ooops, my apologies! I mean it in a good way!

Re: I got it! - 01/21/07 06:58 AM

I know you meant it in a good way, gimster. I just hadn't heard the phrase before and was curious. Don't you just love her accent?

chick

Re: I got it! - 01/22/07 12:29 AM

Gimster, you're right about that whiskey voice. Wish you could have heard it with her Southern drawl. Maybe next teleseminar.