mail lists?

Posted by: Dotsie

mail lists? - 09/27/05 10:25 PM

What program do you use to keep track of addresses? Anything special?
Posted by: karenelaine1977

Re: mail lists? - 09/28/05 01:26 AM

Excel is the one I use mostly.
Posted by: Jersey Girl

Re: mail lists? - 09/29/05 06:49 AM

I agree with Karen. Excel can be imported to most mailing programs. If you setp up Excel with columns, you can manipulate the information by field for what you need. Example: when I pull my Christmas card list I omit the phone number and e-mail column.

[ September 28, 2005, 11:49 PM: Message edited by: Jersey Girl ]
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: mail lists? - 09/29/05 06:53 PM

Oh Jersey, I remember learning all htat in class, but I can't recall how to do it. One of these days I need to sit with the program and take my time figuring it out. I'm sure it will come to me....this old brain!
Posted by: karenelaine1977

Re: mail lists? - 09/30/05 01:19 AM

Dotsie-An easy way to do it:

Type in your info in your EXCEL spreadsheet and save. Open WORD, click on TOOLS and MAIL MERGE. There you can click on CREATE DOCUMENT and select the correct item. Then click ACTIVE WINDOW to create your document in. Now, click on GET DATA and OPEN DATA SOURCE. Then it will bring you to the box where you can search for and select your EXCEL document. It may ask you, once you've selected your document (don't forget to go down the list on the file extension when you're looking for your document and select ALL FILES so it will show your EXCEL document) if you want to use the entire spreadsheet and click OKAY. Then it will tell you to SET UP MAIN DOCUMENT. Click on that box. There, you will choose your label type, etc. Once you've selected it, hit OKAY. Then you will come to a screen where it says INSERT MERGE FIELD. This is how you decide what order you want everything to be in on your document. Just double click on the items until it's how you want it-FIRST NAME Space LAST NAME Enter ADDRESS, etc. Then if you're satisfied with your format and click OKAY you'll see your main merge screen. Click on MERGE to merge all your names from Excel. A box will pop up to ask what records you want to merge and you can type in your specific numbers or use all of them. Once satisfied, again click MERGE and you should see your labels all ready for you! Jesus saves and so should you--so you won't loose your labels!! Good luck!!