Looking for CompuNerdie

Posted by: Jersey Girl

Looking for CompuNerdie - 03/23/05 09:36 PM

I use Frontpage 2003 for my website and I have shared borders on the top of my page. I have set the links as follows:

link = #000000
vlink = #808080
alink = FF0000

all with a blink

Two of the buttons work properly Home and Books but the others stay black.

Any suggestions? I have checked the code on each page and I cannot find any errors.

I appreciate your help or anyone else who might know what to do.

Thanks

[ March 23, 2005, 01:37 PM: Message edited by: Jersey Girl ]
Posted by: CompuNerdie

Re: Looking for CompuNerdie - 03/25/05 10:11 PM

does alink require a pound sign in front? What color is that 808080 one? I looked it up on my browser colors list and it's not listed...

The location of the buttons in relation to the others might be a problem. Sometimes enclosing a button in certain tags alters the formatting. Also certain browsers display formatting differently. I'd actually have to see the code to 'debug' (lol).
Posted by: CompuNerdie

Re: Looking for CompuNerdie - 03/25/05 10:14 PM

I tend to do all my website stuff in note pad. How do you like Front Page I have it but I'm not really familiar with it...

Re: Looking for CompuNerdie - 03/26/05 04:43 AM

I fixed it. I'm still not sure what the problem was but it's gone. And yes there was supposed to be a # in front of FF0000 I just didn't type it in the post.

I like Front Page but sometimes I have to go into the code but otherwise it's easy. I tinkered with Dream Weaver a little bit and like Front Page better. I now have In Design on my MAC so I'm going to try that program as well.

808080 is a gray

Thanks for helping.

Re: Looking for CompuNerdie - 03/26/05 04:52 AM

I meant Go Live not In Design. I have that also but it's mostly a layout program.