Posted by: Di

Skype - 03/27/09 11:17 PM

My SD wants her Dad and I to get a camera so we can all connect to Skype. Mainly to see the babies, but there is nothing like real visits and hugs!

Anyone use it? How's it going? DH wants to wait a while until they work out all the bugs.
Posted by: DJ

Re: Skype - 03/28/09 02:10 AM

It works fine. I use it on my laptop to talk to granddaughters. I even took them on a tour of the house, see the trees change color in the fall, and the flowers in spring, showed them my dog and a nest of baby bunnies in the yard. It's fun. What bugs to work out? It's free, it's simple.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Skype - 03/28/09 01:06 PM

DJ, what a great idea to show them all that you can like that. A nest of baby bunnies!!! I bet they were so excited to see them. How nice!

My sister uses Skype as well as her son is in school in Orlando and it keeps them connected visually. She loves it. Again, I'm not sure what bugs hubby is referring to, but then again, I don't use it. I've just heard her talk about how much she loves it.
Posted by: Saundra

Re: Skype - 03/28/09 07:34 PM

I just began using Skype to talk to a friend in another state. I bought my mic at Walmart for under $10. No webcam yet, but I use the mic in the online class I'm taking since I cut my long distance. It's great.
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Skype - 03/28/09 08:07 PM

What online class Saundra?
Posted by: orchid

Re: Skype - 03/28/09 08:38 PM

We use Skype when he is cycling for a few weeks/months on the road. Of course, he is cycling with his laptop but he doesn't mind since he uses it to download many photos from his camera, email, etc.

For past 2 years. Our problem has nothing to do with Skype itself, but something we haven't figured out with my microphone. So we see each other...for now.

Of course, we plan to use it when he'll be cycling again for a few weeks in Europe later this spring.
Posted by: andrewson

Re: Skype - 03/31/09 12:14 PM

I use skype and it is quite good. The service is satisfactory.
Posted by: DJ

Re: Skype - 03/31/09 07:22 PM

I heard today that Skype is now on the I-phone (which I don't have, but maybe you guys do).
Posted by: Di

Re: Skype - 04/04/09 12:09 AM

Originally Posted By: andrewson
I use skype and it is quite good. The service is satisfactory.

What only "satisfactory"?
Posted by: andrewson

Re: Skype - 04/28/09 11:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Di
What only "satisfactory"?

I mean the service is very good and quick connecting smile Do you want to add some other good words? other then satisfactory?