Contacting Bloggers

Posted by: Dotsie

Contacting Bloggers - 07/28/08 02:45 PM

Due to all the Google Alerts I receive, I often read blogs. Many times I thoroughly enjoy what I read, but can't leave a comment because I'm not registered or some other reason. So then I go looking for a way to contact the blogger and can't find a dang way to email them through their blog AND all the links on their blog. I can't tell you how many times this happens. URG. I feel like I'm wasting time.

So I'm ranting a bit, but also want to share that if you blog, please have a VERY VISIBLE CONTACT ME button on the page. You don't want to miss out on hearing from soemone who might want to connect with you for a good reason, but can't. And I know we can Goole their name, their book, etc, but we shouldn't have to do all that. We should be able to hit a contact buootn and be done.

Okay, I'm finished ranting.
Posted by: DonnaJ

Re: Contacting Bloggers - 07/28/08 02:49 PM

Excellent point! I've done the same thing, and it is aggravating.
Posted by: hotflashgal

Re: Contacting Bloggers - 07/28/08 04:07 PM

Great point....I have a bit of fixing to do!!
Posted by: Anno

Re: Contacting Bloggers - 07/28/08 04:18 PM

Good idea, Dotsie. I am going to check my own blog to see if this is a possibility.

Re: Contacting Bloggers - 07/28/08 04:33 PM

I have added my email address to the top of my page, but I do not see a way to add a contact button. Perhaps that goes beyond the freebie type blog?
Posted by: DonnaJ

Re: Contacting Bloggers - 07/28/08 07:16 PM

I see you're using blogspot, so you can be contacted through your 'About Me' profile. I just brought up your email with no problem. I have mine set up so that I'm contacted through a form on a website. That way, my personal email address is not shown.

Re: Contacting Bloggers - 07/28/08 08:25 PM

Thanks, Donna.
Posted by: FitlySpoken

Re: Contacting Bloggers - 08/02/08 09:43 PM

just checked my blogs out too ... Dotsie you are right on! :I
Posted by: Revvell

Re: Contacting Bloggers - 09/24/08 08:23 PM

Good point. Updated mine. http://revvellations.com/weekly/