Flapping Sound!!

Posted by: chatty lady

Flapping Sound!! - 05/08/08 09:19 PM

Well my computer man will be here yet AGAIN Saturday or Sunday morning. That sound you hear is my hard earned money flapping its way out of my wallet. Geesh, they charge $60.00 dollars an hour. I believe I chose the wrong professions... I need a new computer so bad but with having to keep repairing this one, who can save the cash needed to buy a new one??? Talk about being stuck between and ROCK and a HARD place.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Flapping Sound!! - 05/08/08 10:14 PM

I hear ya Chats...mine is 6-7 years old and promises to go kaput any day. Scary when we are so dependent on something like this for our social lives...and work. Oh well...it is what it is.
Posted by: Di

Re: Flapping Sound!! - 05/08/08 10:17 PM

If ya'll had Mac computers, you would never need a "'Puter guy".

Macs are so stable!! We have four and none of them have ever broken down. Only our Windows (which was given to us which we do not have anymore)

You get what you pay more!!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Flapping Sound!! - 05/08/08 10:18 PM

My PC has never broken down. Not yet...but all comptuer wear out. Mac's and PC's...just like a TV, washing machine or anything else electronic that is used heavily.
Posted by: ladyjane

Re: Flapping Sound!! - 05/09/08 09:35 AM

Oh I know what you all mean! Mine is fast approaching the 5 year mark. Up until now I've fixed it every time it had a problem. I needed to add more memory and go through the restore process twice, once a complete restore...ugh. It was painful. Right now I have my fingers crossed for its stability. There are way too many other expenses to deal with before I ever get a new one.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Flapping Sound!! - 05/09/08 12:27 PM

My expenses are not for computer upkeep. SOmehow this baby does well. I run my virus scan nightly so I think that really helps. My expenses are Web site related times two!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Flapping Sound!! - 05/09/08 01:46 PM

Mine started to fail and give me fits when I had completed all 11 chapters of the woman in Californias book, its over 138,000 words. It somehow is messing with the room I have on C, whatever the heck that is... I will be so glad to get this darn book on disk and the heck out of here. Ah, but then theres book 2 which is 7 more chapters...My poor little laptop is now 7 years old, and has seen so much use...